Barbs got nerfed pretty hard but I'll still be playing a barb

already sounds like you should have maybe glanced at a build guide

A lot of people don’t know how math works. HOTA is completely 100% dead. I don’t care if it’s good or bad, I just don’t like it when devs go extreme in one direction.

Making an overpowered skill completely useless and unusable just exposes the extremely limited amount of knowledge the people in charge of balancing have. Nerf an overperforming build, sure. Why make it unusable though?

And forcing people into a skill they want us to use like double swing and dust devils by giving us aspects and uniques that buff these things, just like they did with charge, is not going to work long term because people are just not going to play it. I’m not going to play their double swing dust devil dev made build. I rather not play at all.

People want to have fun and play what they like. I really hope changes to the D4 team are coming soon because I just can’t with the current one.

Rend increased but Rupture’s change really is only good for Gushing Wounds since the Bleed Damage from Rupture does not get calculated in the OP I do not believe. Fields of Crimson somewhat buffed, but more so for Whirlwind Bleed and Thorns Bleed. There is very little direct damage that isn’t Bleeding in a Bleed build.

Bleed still needs fixes to Gushing Wounds. GW should allow Bleed Crit. GW’s increased Bleed Damage should be able to proc on every Bleed tick and not just the initial application either. Bleeds still need their damage amped since it is over 5 seconds. Rupture should never remove Bleed.

Dissapointing but not shocked, this is Just their way to funnel players to play the flavor of the next season.

i think the people who genuinely just like barbs, will keep playing them regardless. The people who just played them cause “OP” might quit and switch to the next best meta build.

i dont know barbs well enough to judge the patch notes, but i for sure hope they get more in line with the other classes, as they heavily dominated 2 seasons in a row.

2 Likes

Why? There is nothing in the game I can’t easily kill, I have completed the season journey. So what if it takes me 30 sec to kill duriel vs 1 shot.

I have looked at build guides it’s not that different from meta’s, except no ubers, and I only use 1 unique. It does enough damage for me and survivability is good.

Barb always for me nerfed or not.

2 Likes

Blood Rage Legendary Node

• Damage increased by Berserking bonus reduced from 25% to 10%, and caps at 30% damage bonus.

Thats pretty huge probably goes unnoticed by many but one of the barbs distinct things he can do gets nerfed pretty heavy and even more paired with the passive.

• Double Swing

• Whirlwind

• Ground Stomp (reset CoTA)

• Leap

• Call of the Ancients

• Iron Skin

• Walking Arsenal

• Tornados

• Quakes

You all forgot that on top of the absolute nuke to the barb this patch is, you also loose the 10% dmg reduction inherent to barbs. So on top of taking much longer to kill stuff, you’ll all also be taking more damage.

Nerfing Hota, ok I get. Nerfing Hota, Bloodbath, Earthstriker, Banished Lord, Dmg red, shouts, thibaults, masteries, and more, was maybe a little too much of a knee jerk reaction honestly…

2 Likes

I don’t even play meta Barb so this doesn’t hurt me at all. Even with the Berserk Damage cap.

1 Like

Every single build benefits from Damage While Berserking and taking both Ire and Blood Rage. That is a big hit to damage for everyone.

Not saying its strong, although ancients builds seem very strong imo anyway, but a full ancients build is super fun. I think i dropped WW or UH at some point as it wasn’t useful the way i was building it to juggle two core skills but i am sure there is a way to make it work.It it very fun regardless.

The 10% Damage Reduction inherent I think is the real slap in the face. It isn’t like there is a ton of DR for Barbarian elsewhere.

Personally, I think that Barbarian should instead have innate Fortify Generation added. Rank 5 of Thick Skin should be innate. Thick Skin should be replaced with Dealing Damage Generates Fortify. Neither of these on their own should 100% cover you on Fortify Generation but help close the gap. It does not feel good before these previous 2 Seasons to have to take Numbing Wrath.

Masteries should have been reworked and not Nerfed or Buffed as-is. If the Rank 10 Bonus AND the Rank bonus from Expertise applied to Mastery, it would be a different story. The 1H Masteries are very odd and hardly any reason to ever take them, especially when you really need (2) of the same 1H weapons for it to be even remotely decent and fairly challenging/inconvenient to do so. I like Expertise, but think the Weapon Mastery system kind of sucks.

1 Like

I don’t see any change to Ire in the patch notes, mind enlightening me here?

Not saying it did change. I just said every build uses Ire and Blood Rage. DWB is the best Damage Affix you can have. Blood Rage got a huge nerf by capping it so low. You said you do not play Meta so these changes do not affect you. What build do you use that you do not take Blood Rage?

It does not effect me in the sense that the content I normally do I do not see myself struggling. Sure, my damage will be lower but I still one-shot everything even if I artificially lower my bonus to experiment.

I think people are overreacting to the removal of the innate 10% damage reduction. Barbs were tanky before we got that buff and they will still be when it is removed.

As far as the nerfs Tibault’s Will unique pants, that will sting WW builds a bit as it helped WW overcome a damage output hurdle. That said, the pants should still be good but with the new itemization and crafting, they may not be necessary anymore. Just like Rage of Harrogath being an optional take, Tibaults Will seems to be falling in that same category now.

WW moved away from the ultimate passive that was nerfed in S3 and instead uses the Berserk damage increase and duration ultimate passive. I like that one better as it relies on gaining and keeping berserk going as long as you can for the damage buff.

I was primarily using charge for a mobility skill with my WW Barb so the devs nerfing it isn’t a big deal. I can always switch to another ability if damage output is a problem and put more mobility stats on my gear.

As for HoTA and other meta builds that invested heavily into everything that was nerfed, it was only a matter of time before it got nerfed. No king rules forever unless you are a rogue. Your builds will probably drop to a lower A or high B rank in terms of power. Still playable but I doubt most played it because they enjoyed the play style.

Looks like Double Swing, Rend, and Whirlwind will carry the Barbs in season 4.

So much of this. I said it elsewhere also, when people declared BL Sorc dead, when really the OP Broken stuff was dead, but the build itself is absolutely fine. The group you are referring to don’t want a game they just want something that makes them feel stronger than the whole game.

1 Like

no king rules forever