Barbs got nerfed pretty hard but I'll still be playing a barb

How do the barbs feel about these changes?

They seem pretty sensible to me. The main factors that lead to the massive damage, banished lords talisman, earthstriker, unbridled rage all got big adjustments. I’m not sure about the furious HOTA going from 1% damage per fury to crit chance per 10 fury as hota not critting was never really an issue. I think either reduced damage bonus or even moving ancestral for into the skill tree to replace it would have been better but time will tell.

Should definitely open up more build options next season.

2 Likes

Exactly. And the whirlwind is completely ignored again. That disappoints me.

1 Like

I don’t see the hit as that much. Won’t HUGELY affect my build. In fact it actually opens up some avenues for me to build a leap/charge/ww hybrid with ancients flying around everywhere. Should be fun.

1 Like

Hota barbs will instead of overkilling every boss by 3x the HP it will now more align to only 1 shot the boss with little to no overkill damage. Pretty much sums up the patch

2 Likes

Rend Barb is my favorite Barb so it looks good. Ancients companion seems like it will be a legit build. Dust Devils sound like a lot of fun… seems like Barb got buffed in build diversity.

2 Likes

HOTA will be meta again as always.

They nerfed charge a tiny bit, but i think people will still play it.

I hit durial yesterday with my barb for 435m……guess i will only hit him for 350m now🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

I’d say more like 25-50m will be possible with 100m on the top end if people focus purely on damage, which of course is way more than needed.

I do like the idea of ancestors and dust devils flying around the place though.

They didnt nerf barbs, they nuked hota.

Which is fine, hota was outscaling everything by like 1000% (not even hyberbole).

I played barb every season and it felt great, and never did hota or barely.

Alot of buffs to tornadoes, ww gets buffed by it. Rage of harrogath is amazing. Double swing. Ancients seem to be great too.

Overall barb got buffs to a bunch of builds and hota got brought back in line.

2 Likes

Euhm no. Hota has now zeroscaling with fury and all overpower aspects got nerfed.

If the PTR notes stand….maybe

But i got a feeling that they won’t.

Barb has always been top dawg. No reason to believe it will change anytime soon.

Barbs needed a little nerf mainly due to they get 2 extra stat sticks that can give them extra damage other classes dont have so blizz either needed to nerf them overall like they did or make it so if the weapon isnt your active weapon the stats dont affect you

1 Like

Hota certainly took a big hit. But things that aren’t hota that will effect most builds:

• charge was reduced
  • shout cool down reduction was nerfed
  • earthstriker got nerfed
  • banished lords talisman which is great for all builds got cut in half
  • tibaults will also cut in half.
  • 2h axe weapon skill got nerfed
  • Blood rage capped at 30% that’s a more than 50% reduction for most builds.

This is not me complaining, it was needed and I’ll still play barb as my main.

Nah thatsnot true.

Other classes also get different class bonuses and barb paragon nodes are usually much worse in terms of bonuses.

Hota was just scaling too high and they nerfed it by like over 300%, the hit is pretty massive

Ok so we lost 200x and now get 30x from other skill instead… It’s a big hit but I’m ok with that… I’m ready for more challenge and less 1 shots

Overpower got brought back in line. It will still be very strong.

But it was dumb that the best way for barb to play any build was to use overpower. Now it should be still be a strong option, just not a 1000% better one at all times.

They also multiplied nado damage by like, I dont even know, but it now scaleswith weapon dmg and all aspects now shoot a bazillion of them (dswing will machine gun tornadoes, literally)

Ancients are finally giga buffed, but hard to say without testing.

Tibaults hits every class.

CDR on shouts sure but rage of harrogath just went from garbo to insane (all ennemies now, for all skills).

1 Like

Yeah I know. Never did a hota build and im very excited for patch.

Hota is being brought to normal levels, and overpower as a whole too.

1 Like

I don’t use unbridled or Banished Lords so I don’t know how big of an affect it will have on me. HOTA needed reining in I just hope in doing so they haven’t gutted it. The HOTA build I use is not doing billions in damage and is pretty much in line with other classes better builds. It clears all game content and would do lilith as well if I was better at dodging mechanics. what it doesn’t do is one shot anything other than mobs. If past experience is any indication the changes will affect most barbs and probably by too much. I can see builds like mine being gutted.

Time will tell, they can always add back.

ya the numbers are actually going to be significantly decreased for hota. but upheaval will still be pretty dang powerful as they didnt change its upgraded version. also with rupture guaranteed to overpower, i can see bleed/rupture builds being pretty op. will be easy 1shot kills on bosses with them

My early very high lvl calcs using the changes and assuming you line up all the procs from aspects and uniques and max fury…

About an 85% drop in dmg. So it should hit pretty hard (like 50- 100m) with all procs, but the between hits not so much.

What I used for calculations, and then multiplied:

Fury: 250% → 0%

Banished lords: 120% → 60%

Earthstrikers: 100% → 60%

Unbridled: 135%->100%

And theres a bunch of changes in there, but just these differences amount to about an 85% difference.

I only run Whirlwind builds and variant builds of Whirlwind. I don’t like the meta builds and just play what is fun. Becoming an angry sentient sawblade with good speed is fun. If I can throw in whirlwind pull aspect, dust devil aspect, Tyrael’s Might, and fury per second affix into my build I’ll be happy.

I might try the increased effect size with dust devils and Tyraels Might. I wonder if those will get bigger. Same goes for increased projectiles. I wonder if it affects Tyrael’s Might projectiles and Dust Devils.

Idk there is a lot of testing but Spin to Win has never been better. S4 is gonna be hot for WW Barbs.

1 Like