Baldur’s Gate 3 is amazing!

No its not it has a lobby feature and matchmaking as well.

yet I played act 1 in baldur’s gate 4 times already… hmmm. almost like what you say isn’t an implicit truth.

I’ve been playing it as well , it’s sad though I really wanted Diablo to do well.

Oh yes, it’s a whole new game really, even though it takes place in the same classic D&D world.

The first two were done over 20 years ago and by a different developer, so there’s really no expectation that you would have played the first two.

1 Like

You know that the game has like a million different endings right? No play through will ever feel the same, the replayability potential is nuts

1 Like

With four-player online (and local split-screen) co-op.

Laughs in Skyrim.

Also BG3 has approximately 17,000 possible endings, so there’s JUST A TEENY BIT OF REPLAYABILITY THERE.

2 Likes

but Diablo 4 isn’t a good replacement for Diablo either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

for some reason I’ve always enjoyed werewolf. That’s what brought me back to Disappointment 4. Can you be a werewolf in BG3?

I have the same feeling about City Skylines 2! That looks amazing… although it will be a while before we can play it.

GOTY. Fromsoftware. Fires of Rubicon.

I cant believe i am already looking for a new game after looking forward to d4 so long…
Diablo 4 represents the worst value for money i have spent on a game in over a decade.
Thanks for the recommendations

4 Likes

yep I feel the same and so do many others.
it’s called DIABLO 4.
you expect it to be an amazing experience… and unfortunately we were all let down.

1 Like

Amazing? I don’t know if it can be amazing if they can’t even get it to work on Xbox Series X or Playstation 5.

Seems like they are going to lose lots of revenue.

I am having a blast with warhammer 40k daemon hunters chaos gate.

dont let the door hit ya bud bunch of cry babys lol

As a fan of BG1 & 2, I do not agree that BG3 is amazing. Larian replaced the core gameplay in real time by a Turn to Turn and I do not like it.

If you play through it you quickly realize the devs try to make it always your turn by making the monsters’ actions very quick.

The camera is a little wonky sometimes, especially when multiple floor levels are involved in a fight inside a cramped cave.

meh d4 has way better graphics, no thanks

well, if you play just for graphics… that’s your business…

Be that as it may, Larian earned the right to do it their way, because as good as Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 were, Larian was generally seen as having one-upped them with the Divinity: Original Sin series. And yes, the combat is different, but Baldur’s Gate 3 is, without question, the most tabletop-like experience that has ever been put on a PC. Which is what Baldur’s Gate was attempting to do in 1998. So it is very much in the SPIRIT of the the original saga, which was essentially an automated Dungeon Master.

2 Likes

Turn base games are trash so is BG3