Baldur’s Gate 3 is amazing!

with all of those problems how could you title it as great?

In what possible way then is it a potential GOTY? It sounds like a mess by even your description.

I got it as soon as they allowed any purchases and it was great even as a barebones version of a game!

I’m going to lose a lot of hours to it

You might not want to go too far in early access right now as you will have to restart when the game launches.

1 Like

I am saying BG3 not Diablo 4 will likely be…

Sigh…if only I haven’t been priced out by this generations price hikes. I fell in love with Baldur’s Gate as a teenager. I lived in a small town. I had to scour ebay and win an auction to get a copy. I can still remember the smell of that thick, hard, full instruction manual. Ooohhh yeah.

1 Like

OH. Sorry, I misunderstood you. Ok DG3 is looking amazing to me too.

Serious question to people who tried BG 3, and played BG 1 and BG 2

BG 2 is my absolute favourite game of all time,

I am just wondering if BG 3 has a similar tone to BG 2, or did Larian’s tongue in cheek humor and writing style creep into BG 3 from Divinity and turned it into something else?
Something in between but still cringey, like Neverwinter Nights 2 (Vanilla) perhaps

The character art, and some videos I watched does not give me the vibe of the BG 2 atmosphere but rather the others.

Please tell me Larian did the right thing and stayed true to the original

This is my first bg so I can’t say

ahh, well that is why I asked for people who tried BG 3 but played BG 1 and BG 2 before.

If you have not played BG 2, you are missing a masterpiece.

It may be slightly outdated, but that game is an absolute gem

• music
  • atmosphere
  • storyline
  • writing
  • endless surprises in questlines
  • interesting characters
  • stunning, absolutely stunning art
  • voice acting

BG 2 was really something else

1 Like

I think this game is better, I’ve played through some of the first act and I’m blown away. Turn based or not I think this game will be in my top 5 of all time

I feel this.I want to be into it, I just need quicker battles.

I agree. I started playing chrono trigger and even though it’s pretty old. It’s a good game. The music too seems good as I’ve seen orchestras playing it.

Let this game rebuild your patience and break all the bad habits you’ve built up over the years. Steam allows refunds even after a couple of hours, give it a try. You won’t be disappointed

I’m not a huge fan of turn based games, but I’m willing to give some a try at times.

I honestly didn’t notice any really cringe moments.

I love bg2, one of my favorites. Im also REALLY enjoying bg3. However i did like DoS1-2 so i might not have noticed what you didnt like about it.

It honestly feels, from what i played, to be a worthy successor to bg1-2 so far.

Honest question, do you play turn base games often?

Give bg3 a chance, its battle system is much more involved than a typical turn base game

I’ll give it a try sometime

1 Like

Ah nice…

I played DoS 1-2 as well, but the divinity atmosphere/setting is very different.

I would not want a BG with DoS writing dialogue,

Anyway I will get it when it is out.

The dialogue is definitely a more serious tone. Looking back i can see what you mean about dos writing, i didn’t see that same goofiness in bg3.