Baldur’s Gate 3 is amazing!

It’s probably going to be a finished product at launch too.

1 Like

It’s gonna be Tears of the Kingdom, Baldur’s Gate 3 or Final Fantasy XVI. Tears of the Kingdom is a programming miracle, and should win on that alone.

good game , albeit a little repetitive and too familiar with the last game , it is kind of a god of war ragnarok situation , good game ? yes but it wasn’t mind blowing like the last one .

Honestly i kind of agree. However again being on 1 system is going to kill its chances of winning GOTY. What was the last Nintendo exclusive to win goty?

Honestly its imo gonna be either

1. Starfield

2. Bg3

3. FF16

4. Zelda ToTK (I’d be surprised at this though)

5. Armored core 6 ,cus im a ac fan boi however i doubt it will win xD.

The first 2 acts I would agree with you. Amazing game.
The 3rd act I agree with Kirin. 3rd act was extremely terrible and rushed.

Thanks for the heads up, i’ll for sure check it out. I’m at a very disappointed state with diablo atm, they NUKED my sorc build with the nerfs, so i refuse to buy S1. On top of that, i have to start a new char anyways since my main one is now gutted, and the entire situation is just a bummer and making me want to stop playing lol.

3 Likes

I imagine there will be So. Many. Bugs. in the greater part of the game that hasn’t had the extensive public playtesting that the pre-release version of Act I has.

It’s an open world with D&D levels of player choice and a nearly unimaginable number of permutations of abilities, actions, etc.

It honestly may be a bit frustrating, and they may get a bit overwhelmed by the number of players hammering on their work in the first few months.

I’m sure they will fix things as quickly as they can, but there’s a high risk of stuff like progress blocking bugs, corrupted save files, and all the other things which have plagued similar games (including theirs) in the past.

So, I think it’s important to have a LITTLE bit of realism in one’s expectations here.

The people who are crowing about Starfield at the moment in an effort to predict a mass Diablo IV exodus have apparently never experienced a Bethesda open-world launch before , even though they have a 100% track record of having the buggiest games imaginable that are slowly fixed by modders. And I personally don’t care, it’s impossible to truly test a game of that size. But it is interesting how they get a total pass for it, while Blizzard will be skewered over patch notes.

personally think Zelda places higher than ff16.
I play both and FF16 is not really a true final fantasy game. Too many cutscenes (basically a movie), too easy (you can literally spam square to win if you want and they give you items that automatically dodge or parry or whatever but of course I dont use those), and too narrow. Combat system would be cool if there was any challenge.

Agreed, it looks to be a great replacement.

The difference is, if the developers of BG3 AKNOWLEDGE the bugs and are transparent about them, then I don’t care how long it takes.
Blizzard doesn’t do that. They let you guess what they’re going to do and fill you with empty promises and in fact go the opposite direction of the player feedback

2 Likes

Ive played every bethesda game and ive never had a real game breaking issue. Just dumb glitches that moving or reloading fixs.

They get a pass cus their games blow blizzards gamea out of the water even when buggy lol.

It’s because the vision is so much greater.

I bought 1-3 and am looking forward to playing them…though it probably won’t be for a few months. There are other games in line ahead of them…and I know they are all pretty long.

Like I said, it has never bothered me, as I just install the mods and move on. But if you look on the Fallout or Elder Scrolls wikis, almost EVERY quest has a bug section.

Yea thats fair. Id see zelda winning over ff16. Its a hard call for me. I loved both stories, and i can see your point on the cutscenes but it didn’t bother me too much.

It is a good game. I bought and played it as soon as the ea version came out.
But it’s a different genre. If I have only 30 minutes game time, I’ll choose to play ARPG instead of CRPG.

Oh and I forgot to mention, Larian’s guys replied to my tweet, so they actually communicate with their player base.

As a diehard Diablo fan and enjoyer of D4 I must admit BG3 is unbelievably good. I am sure its going to have a few balance issues and bugs but the customizability and ocean of options available is breathtaking.

That said, its a different type of game and not directly comparable to an ARPG - if you only have a short window to play, games like Diablo 4 are much easier to pickup and put down. What it does though is demonstrate what can actually be done and its certainly going to set a new standard in the RPG world. If BG3 doesn’t win game of the year from a player perspective its going to be a close second IMO.

Unfortunately, it makes the ongoing shambles that has become Diablo a real eye opener for what Blizzard has ultimately become. Blizzard are simply playing on our heartstrings and nostalgia and its worked again and again.

1 Like

You’re simultaneously saying D4 is great and that it is in “shambles” and is just “playing on our heartstrings”? I… I…

Correct…its a conundrum!

I am having fun with Diablo 4 and for $70 it has been money well spent. But I feel the game was overhyped, oversold by Blizzard and was launched 6-12 months too early. The way Blizzard have handled the ‘campfires’ patches and other elements post launch makes me feel the whole Diablo 4 experience has been a little shambolic and the developer team are chasing their tails a bit.

Diablo 4 feels like a game that will be best parked for 2-3 seasons and then come back and experience all the elements that should have been resolved before the game went live. I don’t personally feel Diablo 4 is a lost cause like some others do.

1 Like