After every input with a controller, game reverts to keyboard

Using the Xbox Elite 2 controller. Every button I press or stick I move picks up the input switching to controller mode, showing all controller-based input prompts on screen, but reverts back to keyboard the moment I stop the input.

This makes it near-impossible to navigate any menu because when the switch to keyboard happens, the focus will remain on the first field, not to mention how annoying it is when all the button prompts constantly switch between controller and keyboard the moment you stop holding a controller button.

This didn’t happen in the previous two betas with the same setup.

9 Likes

Yeah me too. Game is unplayable for controller users until they fix this. I couldnt even stand 2 minutes trying to use KB+M.

I suspect its related to this:

1 Like

same bug here, after every quick input from gamepad, the game switches back to mouse+keyboard, impossible to play with a gamepad on pc.
Maybe related to some gamepads only idk, i have basic xbox gamepad

Same thing is happening for me on PC. I played the last beta with a gamepad with no problem. I am using the Xbox Controller with the official ‘Windows 10’ Microsoft wireless adapter for it.

I literally tried unplugging my keyboard and mouse while in the game and it kept switching back to keyboard and mouse input mode like a quarter second afeter every press of a button on my xbox controller. Also verified it makes no difference if controller is connected to my wireless adapter to plugged in via USB cord.

1 Like

I am having the same issue.

Original Xbox One controller and using a cable to connect it to my PC.

I have the same issue and I’m using an 8BitDo Pro 2 controller. Didn’t have this issue during the previous beta test. Game is unplayable.

I found that turning off the GeForce Experience Overlay fixed the controller issues for me.

8 Likes

WOW! Thank you. This worked for me. I had to turn it off from the ‘desktop’ nvdia geforce experience (e.g. clicking the geforce experience icon in my system tray, then clicked the ‘gear’ icon to access settings, then the GENERAL tab, there’s a rocker swicth to enable/disable geforce overlay.

Just turning the fps counter ‘off’ while in game was not enough. (this was the first thing i tried)

3 Likes

This worked. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

This fixed it! THANK YOU!!

2 Likes

Anyone that doesnt have GE installed already, needs to wipe their drivers with DDU (display driver uninstaller) and reinstall their drivers and either put GE in and disable it, or just uncheck the box and not install it at all.

Thx disabling Overlay in GeForce Experience fixed it.

1 Like

Not sure why but this doesnt work for me. I dont have GE Force installed and I did DDU and installed the newest driver this morning.

The best fix is to unplug the controller and throw it away. Then you’ll be able to play the game the correct and most efficient way. :slight_smile:

+1, it was the overlay for me too. Thx!

Confirmed. Closing the overlay fixes this problem. Good find!

I am having the same issue, but only started today (13 May) i played yesterday without any problem at all as well as with the previous beta test.

It is so damn annoying since I got used to using the controller

This worked! thank you so much good sir

Make sure steam isnt open. steam Input conflicts with this game for some reason. I had steam hiding open in the background. I hate steam

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Turned off all apps recommended and made settings changes. Still can’t play with my xbox controller. I, like most others, did not have the same problem on the last beta. Makes game unplayable.

1 Like