You want Exploits to Win? WSG Exploit

This is a GREAT Change for the Better, it wasn’t intended to be apart of the game, Even tho players Exploited it as a Bug.

I Hope VV/Blizz stays on Point making this Game Better and stop Listening to complaints about Ebug WSG and attack speed Bugs, Lets get back too the Roots Of D2. I Have never used any of these Exploits and they shouldn’t be there for others to Use Either. PERIOD this equals the playing field for those Not using these Mechanics and that’s a GREAT THING for new players. even as an Old time player myself I Didn’t use this as a Means to get an Edge against my Opponent I never needed it. you shouldn’t either.

15 Likes

I can agree with you, that mechanic/exploit was terrible to use to begin with. Dunno how people are screaming now to keep it left in.

10 Likes

This is great for you?

5 Likes

Specifically to the WSG exploit the argument is if they remove that and don’t balance the skills, pvp will basically be broken as all stunlock builds will be untouchable. Since they aren’t doing any balance changes, pvp will be extremely boring.

It’s a solid argument tbh, they need to do the balancing or leave the game untouched.

3 Likes

The reason some people are very adamant about keeping it is due to FHR lock. In some PvP matchups one character can cause another to be stuck in the FHR animation. For example, An assassin is able to spam Mind Blast and render the target unable to move out of it. This effect becomes quite powerful and creates a form of abusive advantage in its own right. The the only other way to fix the initial issue would be to change the way some abilities work altogether. It just seems easiest to people to leave WSG in the game as a workaround for FHR lock.

4 Likes

Yeah, I get that there are abilities which would do that. But to me I’ve already thought PvP isn’t really a balanced system to begin with. People say that they have “rules” for PvP’ing, to me that can just be another rule for an assassin or other similar ability to not be used in PvP. WSG is not a solution, just a unintended workaround that shouldn’t have lingered as long as it did.

6 Likes

I’ve used it myself but always felt like it was such a dumb thing to have to do to get out of FHR lock. I just don’t know that they will ever adjust skills in a way to make WSG unneeded. In public duels, people can sometimes duel within GM (good manner) rule sets but other times it is more BM (bad manner) or free for all in nature. So, it just becomes really easy for certain classes to gain a sizable advantage against an opponent when they can FHR lock them to death in the absence of WSG.

Yeah, I’m not really sure what an ideal solution would be but I feel there would have to be a better solution than to constantly swap your weapons. I never understood the ones claiming the game to have 100% perfect PvP and for the system to not be touched. It’s not been 100% perfect, nor has any other PvP game.

I started this game when it came out and I have never played a patch where I noticed PvP to be perfect. There have always been exploits, overpowered abilities, underpowered ones, everyone has their own set of rules, etc.

1 Like

You’re wrong.

WSG was removed in 2018 and pvp was so imbalanced it was brought back.

There is a reason why it is an important part of pvp, which I brought up in my own topic here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/wsg-didnt-think-it-would-come-to-this/42559

Feel free to make logical counter-arguments.

5 Likes

Easy fix: Allow the character to move during FHR while hit by PvP attacks.

2 Likes

they should simply nerf stun effect in pvp (just like Life leech effect are nerfed in pvp) and also make it have diminishing return (decrease duration of the next stuns even further) or make players able to move during fhr in pvp

that would make probably pvp a bit more balanced without needing to spam W like crazy. (and that way it won’t be possible to abuse this glitch in pvm either i once read an appalling thread : “how can you kill duriel without switch glitch??” i was like “what the…seriously ?” )

5 Likes

greater then that crap in the second clip.

1 Like

Sad thing is it didnt happend, only the removal no fix :man_shrugging:

I think more constructive feedback, like how it could be fixed without major changes, would be more useful then trying to convince the developers to reimplement a bug on purpose.

Espacially the desync point might be quit challanging to simulate on a modern server architecture. Having that said, the architecture of the new client might have an influence on this as well.

Tbf I didnt not took things out without thinking how about to solve this problem. Im the costumer in the end.
Since the solution seems to be so easy for some people why they did not change it?
I’m not saying its bad per se, but where is the balance?
Where is any statement about it from blizzard?
“Oh, its a bug, kill it.”
It was discovered, they already tried to get rid of it long time ago and it had to stay for reasons.

so we should push them to balance. to many people are on the “NO CHANGE FOR ANY REASON EVER” band wagon. VV should fix some shizz. PvP is a mess in 1.13, and people are like “yep working as intended”

3 Likes

They’re Looking to balance things and make some changes this has been in every survey I’ve seen out there, that I’ve participated. Not WSG specifically but balance changes yes.

Good idea. I Like this,

This is a Great idea as well Diminishing returns. Sounds Like the Better fix imo maybe coupled with FHR animation being able to be canceled moving.

Would be Nice to see there feedback on this.

So True Kudos, They definitely should throw in some balance changes.
Lots of Ppl are like that Yep Ebug gone, I’m refunding. BYE FALICIA. lol
imo if d2r is gonna make it another 20 years+ it needs changes.

2 Likes

That’s the real problem. They “should” have solved it a long time ago. But the good thing is: They can do it now, so they should, and I think they will if the community requests so but I doubt they will reimplement the bug if thats even possible within the new environment.

As a developer it’s difficult if the customer isn’t willing to cooperate. Maybe they don’t want to revert it, maybe they can’t revert it, maybe the current developers aren’t aware how severe this is. The video linked in this thread was way more informative than the usual “this needs to be reverted 'cause it breaks pvp”. The latter may sound like “you are just used to bug abusing” while the video clearly shows that PvP might become unplayable.

It’s a matter of perspective, like always.

Yea and who knows the reason why it stayed. I do not know, i can just assume that it was hard to find a good balance with the characters otherwise?
However this is something the developer should respect especially since the problem is not new. And i really dislike they remove it not for the fact that it really is important, more like the fact that there is no statement or something.
Maybe a short message like saying they know about this problem and they keep fixing things regarding to this to make the game better.

The D2:R developers aren’t the same as the D2 developers.

Maybe it is hard? Maybe old Blizzard didn’t want to put the resources in?

Difficult to judge, but thats an even bigger reason to be polite.

As a developer you can say that if you have an actual solution. Like I said, maybe they don’t even know IF they can “fix” it at all without major changes or accidentially breaking other mechanics.

Espacially on such a hot topic I would take my time too finding a good solution first before making any, probably wrong, statement.

1 Like