Why is CoE better than Mantle of Channeling for GoD6?

I mean sure, CoE provides a lot more dmg than the MoC, however the dmg buff lasts only 4s, and it takes 12s for the dmg buff to come back, so that within a time frame of e.g. 1min the total dmg output with MoC is much higher than that with CoE. So why is still CoE preferred over MoC for GoD6?

It’s not higher when you average it out though. Consider a 16 second window (you could look at a longer window if you really wanted, but it’ll average out to the same in the end): CoE does 3x damage for 4 sec and 1x damage for 12 sec. MoC does 1.25x damage for all 16 sec.

Time CoE MoC
1 3 1.25
2 3 1.25
3 3 1.25
4 3 1.25
5 1 1.25
6 1 1.25
7 1 1.25
8 1 1.25
9 1 1.25
10 1 1.25
11 1 1.25
12 1 1.25
13 1 1.25
14 1 1.25
15 1 1.25
16 1 1.25
Average 1.5 1.25

CoE averages 1.5/1.25 = 20% more damage.

There’s another benefit to CoE, which is that you can play around the rotation and gather while you aren’t on your element. Let’s say you spend 25% of your time moving/scouting/gathering with both setups, so 4 sec of zero damage for both situations. With CoE, if you make sure to gather while not on your element, it could look something like this:

Time CoE MoC
1 3 1.25
2 3 1.25
3 3 1.25
4 3 1.25
5 1 1.25
6 1 1.25
7 1 1.25
8 1 1.25
9 1 1.25
10 1 1.25
11 1 1.25
12 1 1.25
13 0 0
14 0 0
15 0 0
16 0 0
Average 1.25 0.9375

In this situation, CoE averages 1.25/0.9375 = 33% more damage. If your build spends some amount of time not doing much damage like this, then CoE is even more favourable because you can concentrate your DPS into the CoE cycle and spend your gather/move time off-cycle. This is particularly true for builds with DPS on cooldown. If you sync your DPS cooldown to CoE, it’s a much larger DPS gain. Consider Fan of Knives builds, as one good example. This is also true for resource-limited builds, if you time your resource dump to CoE you get a larger relative benefit. You saw this with the old UE Multishot for example (when you used CoE instead of RoRG + Crimson’s), where you would get more value from CoE by dumping all your hatred on Fire (or Physical for that variant). With the old UE + CoE build, CoE averaged something like a 1.7x multiplier assuming perfect play and a hatred dump on your CoE element.

But even if you completely ignore your CoE cycle and just play as if it didn’t exist, it’s still better on average than MoC: CoE averages out to 1.5x and MoC is 1.25x.

8 Likes

Also, and less likely, but if you have a second skill that is a different element or is not channeled, than the CoE modifies it and makes it do more damage whereas the Mantle would do nothing.

For example, your primary channel skill is Strafe with Cold (or whatever) but you also fire off Evasive Fire as Fire.

Maybe that extra damage isn’t very much, but a little is better than a zero.

The secondary of Mantle of channeling is also interesting:
Take 25% reduced damage.
So there is another factor to consider: It helps to keep up the stacks from Squirts
The primary of Mantle is a bit ambiguous:
While channeling Whirlwind, Rapid Fire, Strafe, Tempest Rush, Firebats, Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, Siphon Blood or Ray of Frost, deal 20% - 25% increased damage.
Does that mean there is timer involved or only primary skills are excluded?
Nevertheless worth a try to test if the stacks from Squirts profit enough.
Could do a GR 125 in 4 1/2 minutes at Para 2000

• Mantle equipped
  • RORG cubed

You’ll lose Squirt stacks if you take any damage, the amount of damage taken is irrelevant. As such MoC provides zero help for that.

1 Like

True that, did the test with a Fortress balista instead of a valla’s do not know if that makes any difference

Fortress Ballista provides an absorb shield which will take damage instead of health. If the shield stays up without dropping completely, the Squirt stacks stay up.

Overall MoC provides very little benefit for GoD DH. The damage buff is too small to replace CoE with RoRG in the cube in order to equip MoC so the only benefit left is a little bit of extra toughness. Not really worth it.

1 Like

Yeah the two cases you could argue for mantle is if you need the defense, or if you’re doing (fast) speeds and the 3x damage in cold cycle is overkill, so that you clear the screen in first two seconds of damage cycle and do nothing for last two seconds. You could argue that a consistent 1.25x damage multiplier is better then, but hard to really tell when or if that happens.

I think for toughness, the elusive ring in the cube is a much better option than mantle of channeling. 60% dmg reduction if you have something to enable it as vault.

Bonsoir

j’espère que vous passé un très bon Week-End ,

veuillez excuser mon ignorance mais que veut dire :

MoC et CoE ? je pense que se sont des abréviations qu’emploie

les joueurs expérimentés ,mais pour moi c’est de l’hébreu

je veux que je n’en sais rien du tout !

Merci à l’avance et bonne soirée .

Cordialement

Google translate gives us…

please excuse my ignorance but what does: MoC and CoE? I think these are abbreviations used experienced players, but for me it’s Hebrew

MoC = Mantle of Channelling / Mantelet de Canalisation
CoE = Convention of Elements / Conclave des Éléments

2 Likes

Bonjour Ă  toi ,
je te souhaite une bonne journée et un bon jeu

merci pour tes réponses

A+++ Cordialement

huh? Why would I use mantle of channeling on god set? they don’t use rapid fire

No, but it does use Strafe…

Neither of them is better than running the 5 part set with Capt Crimson and Focus/Restraint with the Hunter’s Wrath and RoRG in Cube.

To use Captain Crimsons you’d have to give up Depth Diggers (+100%) or Hunter’s Wrath (+200% damage & +30% AS) and CoE. Not worth it.

The only “free” slot is the ring slot, which can be CoE, Elusive, RoRG, or Zodiac. CoE is the best for damage, and Elusive the best for toughness. I suppose RoRG + Mantel of Channeling might be a compromise of damage and toughness, but the mobility and sustain of GoD means you don’t get hit much and you mainly just want to avoid being one-shot, making the small toughness add of MoCh not worth it.

2 Likes

The only 3 piece set one might consider squeezing in is the Aughild. However you’d have to give up Wraps of Clarity and Aughild provides much less mitigation in total, making you much glassier.

Overall I’m not really convinced that Aughild is worth it. When maxing out DPS simply using CoE in the cube is still the best option.

Hello.

Didn’t want to necro an old thread and I had no other way of reaching out to you, so I decided to ask here.
I was looking at the Sprinter (S25), your team managed to clock it in 2h 40 mins…is there a video of the run that I can watch?

strafe does no damage,it’s the fact it shoots hungering arrow then set increase the damage of hungering arrow.