Why is CoE better than Mantle of Channeling for GoD6?

You’re still strafing so the mantle of channeling will work. Tinne is not saying that you should use the mantle though because there are better options.

3 Likes

I don’t have that run. But I did record the SSF EU run I did, I think 3hr45m completion or something, about an hour slower than the NA group run because of solo levelling + bounties. The Sprinter setup was basically the same in both cases though, grabbed 4p Firebird’s from the gifts (didn’t even finish Chapter 4 for 6p, just went straight to Chapter 3 and 4p) and then went for it.

I didn’t record the levelling portion, but I can solo level wizard reliably in about 1hr30m to 1hr45m. Then another hourish for doing a bounty set + rift + boss kills to finish chapter 3 of the journey for 4p Firebird’s. Starte Sprinter by the 2hr45m mark.

In the group run we hit level 70 in a a little under an hour I think, we did Cursed chests with the necro for levelling. Then finished up the bounties and boss kills for chapter 3 and started Sprinter by the 1hr40m mark.

In the group run, I was the runner with Firebird’s 4p as well. The other guys mostly did a town role, hopped in a couple times on the big maps.

Firebird’s being the starter set is what really made those times possible. The usual strategy on wizard would be to upgrade wands for Aether Walker, but that can take quite a bit longer until I’m ready to run depending on upgrade luck.

Other good candidate seasons for early Sprinter clears are GoD or Raiment starter sets. I prefer to start the season on wizard though, so I took advantage of the Firebird’s starter set corresponding with a Sprinter season. Probably won’t happen again for a while.

And at that speed, a lot of it comes down to your ability to level quickly. BehindTimes (the necro) sort of specializes in season start levelling and has done a ton of optimization there, that was a big factor in us getting it done that quickly.

Yes, Strafe does no dmg with GoD, but the effect of MoC, which gets procced by Strafe, is a global dmg buff, which means the shoulders also increase the dmg of HA while strafing.

1 Like