Why buy diablo 2 Remastered?

Why would I buy Diablo 2 Remastered when the current trend in Diablo 2 LOD has wait times on making games, constant lag in game, also random glitches while playing, and temporary bans for switching games too many times. I payed for the game. I should be able to switch games whenever I want. For example, monsters appearing out of no where and killing your character. I have 1000 mbps so obviously the problem is server related. If Blizzard can’t even maintain the current game, or I’m guessing allow games to be made without a wait time, I’m guessing the same will happen with Remastered and with low chat room attendance in the current Diablo 2 LOD, I’m guessing Blizzard is dumping a hole lot of money into an outdated game that they refuse to fix and will not spend time or money on the current Diablo 2 servers. One would think Blizzard would give the best experience to players now to gain excitement for the upcoming Resurrected title. Instead it seems as though they are making the current title annoying to play and purposely forcing people to play the shiny new Resurrected title for their newest money grab which won’t go to the grunts working tirelessly to make multiplayer at least functional, but will go to the CEO and board members for coming up with this great money grabbing idea. Blizzard is setting a standard of what we can continue to expect from their poor multiplayer performance dating back to 2000 when Diablo 2 first hit the shelves. Sorry for the rant, I just need to be told I’m wrong with proof of why I am so disgusted with Blizzards performance.

Unbelievable amount of entitled people on this forum. Act like $40 is worth a car or something. Dont buy it, please dont!

5 Likes

Why should I buy D2R, convince me please! - Diablo II (2000) / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

repetitive topic

1 Like

I’m guessing you don’t get out much. You may be okay with low standards, but I definitely am not. Fixing server issues and allowing instant create/join/and switch character play without bans is entitled? Is there another game that has these same issues after 20 years? So… Remastered is not going to have these same issues when all it supposedly is explained to us is graphics over the current game? I’m not buying Remastered and if you do it’s obvious that your low expectations would allow you to purchase a 20 year old game where the maker makes it annoying to play and puts restrictions on playability instead of fixing the game to give players a better experience. There is no fix to bots. Sure purchase all your gear online to destroy currency in game. 3rd party programs that change the entire experience in a bad way for everyone else. I’m entitled? No I just know when a company is cheap and wants to put a paint job on a pile of you know what.

1 Like

Show me the game that is still running on its original server 20 years later, being supported and all this whatnot you got going on here. You type too much lol. I think thats very entitled to ask that much out of a game for a one time purchase, your talking about WoW… Did you even read the main page for d2r? Updated battle.net support… Watch the video with the developers talking about the game?

1 Like

Watched video. They made a brief comment on wanting to stop botting, fix disconnects, but not bans, and correct gameplay issues. Weren’t specific at all. They said the new engine would help in fixing issues. That’s not saying much. The entire video was focused on graphic redesign and user interface redesign. Not doing anymore research because I have no faith lol. Since you believe that my expectations for long awaited fixes on a 20 year old game probably would not be fixed on a graphics focused remaster is entitlement and want to act like I don’t know what I’m talking about on the plan with the Remaster, why don’t you enlighten me on what specific information you have found that Blizzard has promised to fix and not just a pledge “we want to fix that issue” which is what they said on the video. WOW classic is running on same engine. Another grand Blizzard title. Issues on that one too. Looks like Blizzard just tells you play it the way it is or don’t play it. Ok, message received. I envision a Diablo 2 that is remade, not remastered, that has the same content in some aspects, but completely different aspects in other areas. Bigger maps? Not the same boring 6 preloaded map generator. New monsters? More story to fall in love with? A new act? Or 2? A plot twist? Throw some Diablo 3 goblins in for some godly items? Now that Diablo 2 remake I would pay a lot more for. The story is awesome, but 20 years old. I think some people need more from it to fall in love again.

I just have to disagree. Remaster is the way to go. We have so many games in the world already, this one is awesome as is. But i do agree about adding to the game. They do say “and much more” on the main page. They could add another act in the future maybe or more content, i think that would be welcomed by most. Its gonna be diablo 2 with modern audio and visuals that take advantage of today’s gaming hardware. The cinematics are updated and new i believe. We need to be able to play to really see whats up tho

2 Likes

I just re-read your post. I get what your saying, but people are constantly coming back to Diablo 2 and re-purchasing cd-keys. You are telling me they would keep the lights on if they weren’t making money off people re buying them? And you’re telling me those sales has’nt made enough over the years to fix these couple issues? I may be entitled to a 20 year old game working correctly sure, but Blizzard is’nt perfect either.

Yeah i agree blizzard is not perfect but happy they still allow online play at all even. The list of games from 2000 that have online support has to be extremely small. Yes they prolly could of done something but i just cant complain with what we do have, most games dont have anything after a year or two… Heck i have games i played where i spent money, to get coins on madden, if I were to play that game right now i would not be able too… Just think about that, all the games out there with money spent but now you cant even play the games anymore… Now thats messed up…

Many of us are hoping/assuming that D2:R being on modern battle.net with (more) modern anti-botting controls will alleviate the network issues of current D2.

The banning for connecting with VPN or business class connections and frequent join/leaves was a bandaid put in to combat bots and advertising spam. The expectation is that modern battle.net will not require these bandaids.

Then, this is not the product for you. You don’t need to buy it, you know.

Well aware of my free choice. After all we do live in the US after all?

Opening up discussion on what would make the game better on top of the paint job and hope that issues would be fixed.

I mean your saying the same old maps and Baal runs from 20 years ago makes the game re playable for the next 20 years? Might want to add to the game story, new quests and push the limits of what this game could be.

I’m saying it has potential to come back to its glory of past time success with more content. Diablo 3 did not meet up to a good sequel for me and I’ve heard from multiple people disappointment.

I think, Burly, that VV/Blizzard won’t be putting new content into D2R, for a long while, and then only if there was a clear demand for it, based on the sales D2R gets and their expectations of what new dollars new content could bring in.

There’s no chance, I think, of new content in D2R anywhere near release though.

Stop supporting companies you don’t like. Blizzard has failed in every remaster they made, aint gonna be much different with D2 move on. I playing one season of Remastered with friends for nostalgia and then drop it.

1 Like

Well they still get your money if you do this. I was thinking more boycott at this point until they can respect their customers - like these D2R characters, how is that showing respect to D2, its players or its developers.

1 Like

Wall of text.

What grade are you in?

Wall of text.

Noone reads that mess.

1 Like

I don’t actually but I get your point :smiley:

I don’t think D2 players play the game for the story. It’s a great story, but it’s worth ends in the first run. After that, it’s all about making characters and finding loot, that’s what gives the replayability for PvM players. I agree that doing only baal runs is a boring way to play the game, but there are other runs to do. There’s andariel runs, meph runs, sanctuary runs, ancient tunnel runs, pindle runs, and many others.

And then there’s the whole PvP world that is also what keeps a lot of people playing this game (and arguably what makes those players worried about changes, since it’s very easy to break PvP).

D2: R is being remastered by Vicarious Visions(VV), and they have an excellent track record for remastering games especially Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, and Crash Bandicoot. So far D2: R looks awesome, and the QoL and upgrades from the original game are amazing. I’ll play D2: R for 20 years just like I’ve played the original D2 for 20 years. Also, D2: R can be changed between old graphics, and new graphics so it’s like you get to play original D2, and D2: R in one game! :slight_smile:

1 Like

but the 1 big glaring issue they have not resolved is that D2 has competitive PvP, and the resolution in old graphics are not updated, and it supports ultra wide resolution in the new graphics making it unfair advantages in PvP which will ruin PvP.