Which trope do you want to be in Diablo4

In D4, it will be the most powerful heroes will be the ones with the biggest credit cards

3 Likes

In change he gots a relationship and a daugther. And traveled a lot. Visited Lut Gholein, saw an angel. Meeting some heroes. Interact with esoteric/mystic powers. Btw. he gots a lot of power and now, he is a legend.

Compared to his old fellows … (u just remember Moreina by her graveyard… the most forgot even her name and calls her Bloodraven). And the other is relaxing under the ground in a secret place… what a (after)life?

Nephalem might is too powerfull for us atm. So i hope we will be mortal humans with the possibility to fail once again.

Blessed mother.

1 Like

D3 Nephalem is also always one step behind despite that they are powerful.

Also, I don’t want to see another silly ending or plot where a good guy or human champion shoves the demon into his body or gets corrupted for sequel bait garbage.

Yeah, I can agree with that.

i want to sneak on players and when they near death on final boss backstab them and loot evrything

Won’t happen because that’s what’s gonna happen if they care about good writing

&&&&&

In 4 I wanna be tempted and seduced by mommy Lilith to join her and do stuff that I will regret later :3

2 Likes

Well, I’ll be godly then…
Seriously, I don’t see it as a pay to win game, there are plenty of legit ways to empty your pocketbook without PTW.

Maybe they could take a new tact and get into morally ambiguous decision making and multiple endings based on these kind of things. Certainly would be different for the franchise.

Edit: I forgot to answer the question, put into D&D terms I usually choose lawful or neutral good play styles.

Since I won’t be interacting with any of them I would still be the most powerful hero without spending a dime.

But that is what is happening after fighting with the great Evils.

Tyrael pricked the soulstone in Tal Rashas body, Aidan did it to himself…
I eould bet the d2 champions did it somehow too.

But we will see. Some people says that history won’t be repeated.

But somehow, diablo comes back every time. Maybe slamming soulstones (or pieces of it) is another of his brandings.

We (the hero) become possessed and corrupted and spend the remainder of the story slaughtering innocent humans and livestock. =)

1 Like

Yeah, I’d be pretty fine with that route.

But hey, I guess it could be an interesting meta-story, if our main characters was some spoiled rich barbarian/sorceress/rogue/whatever kid, who had stolen their parents treasury key, to buy themselves a horse and some armor. Only to get ´destroyed’ on every occasion. Time for some anti-hero D4?

The odds should be forever against the hero, who must sacrifice and actually walk a Campbell journey (Hero of a Thousand Faces) in order to achieve “final” victory. It does not matter if they are “antiheroic” or “boy scout” - death should be the start.

Are you forgetting that Lilith was the one against tampering with nephalem powers?
She has killed countless demons and angels just so the humans can keep their immense power.

This reads like extreme criticism.
To be fair to D3, being the “chosen one” wasn’t the weakness of the story. D3 story weakness comes from its predictable nature, cliches, and its fast pace.
Also, don’t forget that we start off as hardened adventurers in the beginning. It is later that we discover that ancient nephalem powers have been awakened within us.

This brings us back to Lilith and D4 now…
How did we get those powers? The only other instance of nephalem power awakening in simple humans was a direct work of Lilith.
Does D4 start somewhere in the middle of D3, or was that just an oversight in the writing of D3? Or will they come up with another excuse as to how the nephalem powers were awoken? (This is why I hate prequels; they change your perception of history.)

Personally, I prefer a way that works with the story the best regardless of the actual hero’s beginnings.
I like the idea of tying the start of the D4 story to the cinematic. It could go any number of ways:

• The Summoner is a D3 necromancer that believes in sacrificing 3 simple humans for the greater good. Too much evil and unbalance is in the world, and he pleads to The Creator to come and restore the balance.
    • So, we start off as a simple mercenary/adventurer trying to make a living through our first quest (just a simple job), and we meet someone/thing on the way that takes us deeper into the story. Somewhere in there we will meet with Lilith (even if we don’t know it), and she will “guide” us just like she did Uldyssian. The story will go on as we track down and discover that the source of all the evil in different parts of the world are some of the larger shards of the Black Soulstone that somehow still retain their properties (being created by the genius that is Zoltun Kulle) and keep the prime and lesser evils souls still trapped, albeit with corruptible side effects (bringing us back to D1 and D2 scenarios).
  • The Summoner could be a cult leader/follower that is all for controlled and precise type of chaos and not the type that is roaming the world currently unchecked, unbalanced, with no goals. Because there are no more lords of hell to worship and follow, they now follow the next best thing…Lilith.
    • We could be starting off similar to D3 as a hardened adventurer/traveler/vagabond, as in some kind of purpose drove us to come to certain location. Maybe the new summoning of Lilith brought some new, more aggressive and purposeful killing of innocents.
  • The Summoner could be a hidden agent of Inarius. Inarius was tortured and held in Hell for a very long time. It gave him time to think and reflect on the past. Maybe he realized that Lilith was actually pretty awesome and smart regardless of what she’s done. Maybe he even got word of what’s happening in the present somehow. So, when some cult tried to contact lords of hell, they got a hold of Inarius by mistake. And he created a bond with one of them. His goal is now to summon Lilith with the help of his agent and hope that Lilith will forgive him and free him and they will bring peace and prosperity in the world and live happily ever after till D4:expansion or D5.
    • So, we actually start off as a follower of this cult. Doing the regular every day stuff of moping the floors from blood of the sacrificed individuals, nailing people upside down on wooden planks, etc… Then suddenly, this high ranked priest of the cult comes up to us and says to go somewhere to do some shady things for him so other cult leaders won’t know. Bada-boom, bada-bing, we’re serving Lilith. She gives us power. We kill stuff and bring back her lover and new challenges happen. Or she’s vengeful and we kill him, and go on to do more bad stuff and new expansion/D5 happens.
1 Like

I personally would enjoy the ability to play as Lilith.

1 Like

Am i rly forgetting something or do u?

1. at this time there was not a single human in sanctuary to save. Or to give him power
  2. mother started to defend her nephalem childrens against angels and demons who wanted to kill them
  3. maybe she did this in love to them, maybe because she wanted to use them as weapon. I don’t know.

But for sure, the demons and angels started the war and the genozid on nephalems.
What Lilith did, was escape from war. And kill the killaz.

Centurys or milleniums later after that - the first humans, as result of weak nephalems, shows up. Weak because of Inarius.

I think her side is better as the 2extreme genozid loving angels/demons.

But as in real life. Individuallismen over Ideologies. My Druid will choose his own path. So my sorc will do too.

In the name of Trag’ Oul.

But in my sense, we as human player should have never got the neph power activated again. To meet ancients nephalems or Uldyssian or Zolton Kull as NPCs is okay. But when we have such a might as Uldyssian (i think the d3 player-nephalem is more powerfull) we would be too strong. He can crush Diablo like he crushes single Skeletons. Too OP.

Less fantasy,more realistic i would prefer. So long we can speak about realistic in a discussion about angels and demons. ^^

when used as a suppository the shard has the power to make EVIL turn GOOD

No angels or demons were not killing their own children. They were contemplating to do it because they were afraid of either getting destroyed by humans or getting discovered by Heaven and Hell.
With Inarius gone for a while, Lilith decided to take charge and remove that possibility out of the equation altogether.

Regardless…
My my point originally was the fact that your post was kind of contradicting.
You want for humans to not have nephalem powers but hail “Blessed Mother” at the same time.
Lilith basically invented nephalem. The first nephalem were her doing.

It doesn’t make sense to go into D4 with Lilith as one of the main characters in the story and suddenly forget that she created nephalem to fight Heaven and Hell.

I understand that you don’t want players to have that kind of power. However, what if we are up against Lilith as main antagonist? How are we supposed to fight that when she can awaken nephalem powers in a simple farm boy?
And if she’s an ally or our leader, how the hell are you going to refuse her wish to awaken nephalem powers in you?

It simply doesn’t make sense that all nephalem are gone and their power diminished all of a sudden. Especially knowing that the Worldstone was destroyed very long time ago, and that was the only thing in existence that could control humans.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be funny in the game Lilith is the main bad gal but in subsequent expansions she is like Tyrael helping the player defeat the next iteration of evils!

Let Diablo 4 be Diablo 4. Let it write its own tropes instead of regurgitating the series. With that said, I’m quite sure they will find a way to shove Skeleton King and Butcher into the game, because they always do.

What about Diablo 4 starting with the human scattered in ruins and still recovering from demon attacks of twenty years ago like it tries to narrate from the screenshots and videos? Every time demons ruin the seemingly peaceful community of humans but now it looks even worse before demons were to arrive. Corrupted towns weren’t a thing back then, just ruins and murder.

After King Justinian IV murdered, we killed the only heir to the throne, Lord Wynton, as Nephalem can not let any more bloodshed and I believe Westmarch would still be in civil war along this twenty darn years until the events of D4 starts.
Belial took over Hakan the Second, a child emperor and we have no idea how Kehjistan is faring so far. Perhaps Belial also got away with an illusion, leaving his servant (third form) mistagged by Adria to get in Black Soulstone and that was why Nephalem were able to kill Diablo at its seemingly Prime form.

Pandemonium Fortress became the headquarters of Malthael and he killed a good half of mankind. Do we really think that humans would recover?
People must be desperate to get a grip on their comfort but influence of evil never really left the world after Nephalem pushed the reset everything button, by sending “most of” Prime Evils back to seven hells. The only trope we had so far was unending loops; recent one was a reset button with a cliff hanger while previous ones were telling a story of desperation more than a mere struggle.

Also I start to think that Tyrael has a grand scheme of things or a plan but it doesn’t click yet. Zoltun Kulle once said that angel and witch using Nephalem for their ends, which he was right. Does he really believe the potential of mankind or see them as a tool for ending this battle between hell and heaven?
Leah supposed to have a strong soul and we still have no idea if she gonna play a role in this installment or not. Will we gonna see Adria or Malthael awakened again? Who knows…

2 Likes