Where are the DH players?

On stream he said: “We don’t need any poll for this, cause I can already tell you that demon hunters are the worst. By a mile, they are the bastard child of Diablo 3”.

I disagree with you. All info they need is in that video. Period. If somene has to tell them what they need to do exactly then they are bad at what they are doing. Btw we already did tell them over the years so many times what they need to do. If you are interested in this topic only now, that does not mean some people before you where silent.

Majority of things written in this topic was asked for many years ago already.

DMKT said it best. You don’t need math thesis for this.

My perception of the video is different.

1. For zDPS support
    Monks and barbs are and likely will remain the two support classes in S20. Being the 3rd best support is not terribly relevant.

2. Solo and group ranking

I am not sure if we are on the final iteration of changes. Assuming that current PTR were to go live, both wizards and crusaders may be stronger than what is predicted.

Just something, I thought this thread could do was to inspire the devs.

Now, the Barbarians put together a great thread with exactly what they needed and at the end of it all, they got tons of the changes they asked for. So, I thought we could at least point out our pressing issues.

Which I guess this thread did do that. So it wasn’t complete waste of my time, I guess, but some of you folks are making rethink about having my name on it. I guess what I’m saying is, I don’t mind it when I’m figurehead and everybody’s with me with at least a modicum of excitement.

I don’t much like it when the mood changes because of a set back and everyone returns to the normal doom and gloom. Makes me feel like I’m at fault for the hurt feelings because I dredged up some enthusiasm that perhaps you folks didn’t need to feel after being ignored for so long.

I’m sorry, guys.

For me mood did not change at all. I don’t see this as a setback. After I saw patch notes I was extremely pissed because I knew we are not getting anything. Can’t get pissed over same thing 2 times. I really don’t understand why some people got exited???

You have no fault for hurt feeling at all.

You don’t have to be sorry for anything.

It is not you who is ignoring us. It is Blizzard.

1 Like

I would not worry about it. The buffs that other classes get can be both a blessing and a curse.

How many crusaders play something besides AoV in patch 2.6.7? Crusaders AoV is being nerfed for the second time (patch 2.6.7a and 2.6.8) due to the build being OP.

How many barbs play something besides ww/rend or zDPS? You should carefully compare the barb buff proposal versus the actual changes that were adopted and when those changes were made. I would pay particular attention to the thoughts on improving intraclass balance and what build should be the build with the top GR potential.

According to Blizzard, changes to DHs and necromancers will be coming in the next patch.

1 Like

MIcroRNA how many DHs are playing still? By your logic it is better to not play so we don’t become OP ever.

Don’t know. Less than last patch for sure.

I think I said earlier about the whole half glass empty/half full. Blizzard is tending to make the new sets more powerful/OP.

Crusader AoV were OP (even after nerf 1 and still super strong potentially after nerf 2 unless Blizzard nerfs it even futher before patch 2.6.8)

The second stronget build in patch 2.6.7a, WW/rend barbs, are at patch 2.6.6 wizard level. Wizards were nerfed in patch 2.6.7

Who knows the ultimate power level of WD and wizard new sets. My suspicion given the PTR data is that both will rival/surpass ww/rend barbs unless their buffs are reduced prior to live.

Given this trend and how much help DHs and necromancers need, they may end up buffed extensively.

WD might. Hydra, after nerfs and bug fixes, I don’t think so. But that is not so much important for overall class rank. That is the point.

Necro has cool legendary items so season theme will work for it. One really important thing is Blizzard said they balance around non season and uploaded video is about performance for next season.

Most of people play seasons so that should be what is relevant.

I agree that WD would likely be better than wizards. Both wizards and WDs have cleared GR 142 on the PTR. In comparison, the top ww/rend PTR clear in the last PTR was 140 (that build did not go live as lamentation belt rend bonus was reduced from 200% to 150%). Even with the reduced buff, barbs still did 146 in non-season.

You need to count in the fact WD is going to have access to Meta groups and Wiz is probably out.

Some people will play both. Some rings and amulets (hardest to get) are same.

Your thread allowed more DH community suggestions, and insight to be garnered. This is a good thing. The thread will likely maintain its value for awhile. Life is still good because DH’s are use to playing other builds such as the Spirit Barriage WD, and the necro Death Nova for example. Cheers.

1 Like
1 Like

This makes a couple things obvious…

DH has no good method to group enemies, he spent a ton of time trying to get mobs/elites to follow…

The S19 bonus is so OP…seems like most builds are just killing trash and using the killstreak bonuses to kill off the elites and then timing angels for the RG.

None of this matters after March 1…except that we still don’t have a good herding method.

5 Likes

Also reaffirms my belief that seasonal mods are dumb and focus should be taken on more full-time content that applies to all game modes.

Just the old hornets nest tactic, fire into them and they gradually come at you. This similar Rapid Fire 150 video illustrates how s19 became just a season of carefully worked season theme instead of actual ability to kill stuff effectively at 150. Have to admire the survivability skills that were also well managed.

Well they need to fix the problem of using only one weapon when performing melee damage.
Yes we know the DH is good for tumbling in and out of packs and encircling them also, but thats where the developers dropped the ball, make the quiver more combat based rather then shoring up element, crit, speed, CDR stats. Look at green arrow on CW he uses anything as a weapon. The bow like a sword, it fires arrows, think about incorporating monk like abilities.
Dodge should be used in an offensive manner IMHO.

Just ideas for s21

Bro, take heart- you’re doing things right. It’s just that it’s a long process and it might take a bit of time to actually see any of these changes realized.

I’m currently away from home dealing with some irl issues, but when I get back in a few days I’ll try to go through the linked threads in the OP, pull out the ideas and put them into a clearer list.

Don’t give up… and certainly don’t feel bad about yourself, you’re doing Tyrael’s work here…

4 Likes

Thanks, Rage.

There’s more stuff I’d like to do with this thread.

So just brainstorming with some fellow DH’s…

What could we do to make Marauder better without buffing N6/M4 at the same time and separately, how would we improve N6/M4?

Would it be as simple as buffing the six piece of each? Or should ask for a change to Hellcat Waistguard or another item to make the belt not the only way to let M6 do any damage at all?

Just some questions to maybe reignite the thread.

I have the answer long ago in my post (how to quote another thread without duplicating links?) DH: 2.6.8 Proposals for Balance and Fun:

Let me know if you find any bugs in it.