Where are the DH players?

@ Idolis
I love D&D too by the way, I used to play it with pen and paper when I was young, and then I played and replayed Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2 for years (still my favorite RPG of all times) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve always said hitting the GR cap, or heck, having it reduced, isn’t the issue for longevity. It’s simply been how little the game has gotten overall in terms of new content. As is, people thinking one game being able to last years/decades without changes are a mix of unreasonable and irrational. The hope might be that everyone plays multiple builds from every class, sometimes revisiting an older one for nostalgia, but the truth is not everyone is going to like every class/build and the time trial aspect of GRs simply gets old after a while and contradicts some styles of play. I’ve also been a proponent for significant adjustments to the bounty system. Some things would upset people precisely because it’d no longer be what they’d knew, but also because it’d shift the onus of personal progress back into their hands and not being able to get around the split/multiplayer loophole. This is just veering off topic, though. :confused:

1 Like

I disagree. We know that solo clears are less than group clears. If people can solo GR 150, then group content becomes even more trivial than it is now. For example, to even rank on the EU 4 man leaderboard, your team has to clear GR 150.

I want challenge. I want to strive towards goals. If the challenge is made easy, than it is no longer a challenge.

Lets see today patch notes. I am 99% sure no DH buffs.

You are 99% correct :slight_smile:

This is why you need more content/play modes. Challenge may mean different things to different people, but fairness is something that isn’t really achieved given the variance of gear/paragon/formations/maps between players/teams. Heck, a very simple change that could lead to a different LB dynamic would be the #1 slot having their map available to challenge for top time. Some may focus on that to conquer it in their own ways, while other players may simply be more interested in their own random maps. Far as other modes go, the PvP players have also been waiting for their bone, even if it may include PvE elements on top.

This is just a PTR patch only.

Only thing DH related was this bug fixed

• Demon Hunter
    • Fixed an issue where In-geom was not properly dropping for Demon Hunters

see Patch 2.6.8 PTR Has Ended - Diablo III

No breadcrumbs for DH, again. Well that sucks.

1 Like

Mediocre – my other ranged fighter is level 26 and has plenty to look forward to on the way up to 90. This just makes the transition easier. Until next time.

We are doomed it seemed.

No s.hit? Some of you guys are ridiculous. Did you play some other game than me all this years?

1 Like

Cannot look at things with any humor I take it?
One should always juggle what entertains you at all times.

Well, we’ve worked out that UE needs around a 5X boost to clear 130 at 5000 paragon and Shadow needs about a 2.5X boost to do the same.

So now let’s see about Marauder and Natalya’s.

I don’t play those sets or the N6/M4 hybrid so I don’t know much about them. I think Marauder’s is much weaker than N6 and multitudes behind N6/M4.

So maybe we should tackle Marauder’s first. But what exactly would it need, I suspect DR should be a priority. I also think that any improvement to damage will have to come in the 6 piece part of the set.

But first what are the top clears someone has done with a pure Marauder’s set? That’s a good starting point for us to determine what it needs damage wise.

Edit:

I just want to add, and I put this in another thread in the Demon Hunter Forums, that even though we didn’t get anything in this patch, which I pretty much expected we wouldn’t, that there may be reasons for that beyond “Well this proves it! They don’t care!”

I think it was said somewhere that we were intended to be one of the classes in this patch that would see their new set and things but the devs thought our class needed more work than just that, so they replaced us in this patch with the Barbarian to allow time for that work.

Though I’m not pleased with that, I also have renewed hope that we’ll see some pretty good changes in the next patch. We could see several items reworked, the new set could have a fun and interesting playstyle, and perhaps some other things that haven’t even come up in this thread yet.

So hope isn’t lost. At least for me, it isn’t. I think we should keep at this thread. The longer it gets, I believe, the more pressure it puts on the devs to bring us the change we need.

And any ideas we present in it could inspire some change they hadn’t considered and maybe they’ll work on that as well.

I know, hope isn’t much to go on, and I don’t blame some folks for being dejected but I just don’t think it’s a lost cause just yet.

Thanks again for everyone that’s participated in the thread and I really hope you continue to do so.

1 Like

No, but let’s not loose focus on composing what we need to be done to be competitive.
It is frustrating I know, but at least Blizzard has said they are going to do something about our class.

It will take more time, let’s use it to polish the ideas you guys have come up with.

1 Like

Exactly.

Thanks, Liv.

It also gives us time to work on and polish any new idea we can come up with. Or at least flesh them out a bit more with reasons and numbers, if we can, to back them up.

I think there’s a couple of things I’ll add to the OP. To at least have some more of our important issues addressed in it. Or the one’s we’ve discussed so far that is.

Yes they said they are going to do something about each class that is why DH is going to be covered at all. Only difference is DH is getting covered last.

While you are adding items to loot tables, can you also add the Bovine Bardiche for Witch Doctors, Wizards, Necros and DHs please?

That is what they do with feedback. We asked for this particular change ages ago. So expect any good suggestion here to have 0 effect on what they do in 2.6.9

They used to be faster before. I know because I know how long it took them to implement some of my ideas. Examples: Bring back exp sharing from vanilla, Challenge rifts, Create different art for Goblin shrine…

Season 20 !!! seasonal bufff called Wolcen Lord of Destruction or wait Season of Refunded Smailes
Jokes that’s what left …
truly I expect nothing From this Company
and Yes im DH RETIRED Player

With Raxxanterax’s “ Diablo 3 Season 20 Class Tier List” YouTube video he has DH dead last for Solo, group, overall, it’s only saving grace is it was #3 for speed and casual.

They just aren’t invited to anything. For support they are slight better then crusader.

So for season 21, their set needs to be godly because they need a lot of help to move up in the ranks.

1 Like

This is even better than what he did last time with Tier List. Quality info from someone who is group oriented (main support barb - brain of the mission :slight_smile: )

He is well know in hardcore community. When I say hardcore I mean part of playerbase that is pushing LBs to the limit.

1 Like

Cool video. And he mentions at the end that Blizzard has been listening.

So I don’t really understand what all the pessimism is about. We’re last this season, well that’s not changed for how many seasons now?

Point is, if we come up with ideas that make sense and make them known through all of Season 20 and into the PTR for season 21, then we should.

That’s all I’m saying.

But I’m not going to spend all time arguing with folks that are understandably fed up with being last in everything.

I want us to get what we need, but if blizzard doesn’t know or understand what we need and we don’t tell them, then yeah, Season 21 will also be bad for us, new set or not.

That’s all I’m saying.