What have you done to the website?

I don’t know how to log out of the website and stay logged in to the forums.

I just used a link I have for Blizzard Entertainment website. It shows I’m currently logged out. (Or at least it says Account with an option to Log In). Yet, I’m logged in to the forums and I still get redirected to the Americas Region using any of the methods you suggest.  

No, don’t login from the website.
If you want to go to forums, use bookmarks (you have to save them first).

1 Like

Okay. I finally logged out of everything “Blizzard”/“Battle․net” (website-wise) and tried the links to my Armory Profiles you posted above. They worked! I then Bookmarked them and logged back in to the forums. (Only way I can post a reply).

Strange thing is, now that I have Bookmarked those links, I can Ctrl-click the links you posted above and instead of redirecting me back to the Americas Region, they’re taking me to the correct, associated Region(s).

The links at the bottom of the page still redirect me to the Americas Region. But, now I can manually insert eu or ap as a prefix to the URL and it will take me to the correct Region. (It would not allow me to do that before).

Thank you!  

I still hope Blizzard’s Web Team fixes this. This is just crazy.

3 Likes

Yup. All we do is getting a workable workaround.
Still relies on web team to fix it. I’m afraid they don’t aware this issue.
Hope PezRadar helps to pass the message.

3 Likes

Still logged out of the D3 website and logged in to the forums, I was looking at my Profiles just now. I started in the Americas Region (by default, obviously) and then went to Europe and finally Asia using the inserted prefixes eu and ap without changing anything else.

What I noticed, is by doing it this way, when I reach my Asia Region Characters, the page is in English. Before the changes to the website I could only see my Asia Region Profile page in Korean.

This took me by surprise and I thought it was cool (since I don’t speak Korean), so I decided to share the information. (Others may have already noticed this).

This will be very useful when inspecting players’ Profiles, who are seeking help with their Asia Region Characters.

Note: Clicking the Forums button at the top of the page took me to the forums… in Korean.

1 Like

The old Asia websites supported one language only. The new websites support all languages. The language is included in the url, e.g. …/en_us/… is English(US)
You can switch language using the selector at the footer of the web pages.

For the Forum button on the website, it always redirect to KR forum. The redirect logic doesn’t consider your language preference. So, even you selected Chinese, it won’t redirect you to TW forum. Though you can select region and language using the selector at the footer manually.

2 Likes

Yes… very cool… I can view all my web profiles in French now :+1:

What is also cool, I think, is that if you click on a piece of equipment while viewing the web profile, it will open the webpage for that piece of equipment… useful when you want to add a link to that piece of equipment (instead of seaching for it in the game guide).

I hope they fix the web profile soon… most of the players on the French forums are from Europe. When I check their web profile by clicking their avatar in a forum post, their US region web profile will first show up… not a big disaster, but something I hope can be fixed soon.

It is Thanksgiving Day in Canada today… so I will give thanks to all those involved in improving the functionality of the forums. :slight_smile:

Now please fix the spelling of « Asie » (with an e, not an a) on the French language leaderboard in the new menu to change region… please, please, please. :heart:

2 Likes

They should add a region selector on the profile/career page like what they did to the Leaderboard pages.

Also, they would rework the redirction logic. Currently, the redirection steps in if you have logged in to the website.

Before the website update, accessing a player web profile in an Europe forum would automatically open his/her web profile for Europe… and in the same language as the forum. It would be nice if we could get the same functionality again.

According to Google Translate, “Asie” is French for “Asia”, so isn’t this the correct spelling of the region for the French language version of the leaderboards?

« Asia » should be « Asie ».

Yup, that is because the view profile links before the change had different domains (e.g. eu.diablo3.com), but the new links unify to one domain: diablo3.blizzard.com, lossing the region information. The new redirect logic uses geo-location of our IP to determine the region; which causes all these problems. This is why I said that they need to fix it.

1 Like

This is just laughable. A billion dollar company and they can’t handle a website ? This is how it looks for me:

• i have Blizzard US on my “favourite” bar (thats English (US).
  • i click on Diablo 3 icon and it redirects me to Diablo 3 PL (i’m from Poland). So on the bottom of a site i click on “English (US)” and it changes to Diablo 3 US
  • i click on “Forum” and it redirects me to Forums EU (thats European forum :slight_smile: )
  • if now i go to bottom of the site and click on “English (US)” i can finaly be on US Forum :slight_smile:

Is there an easier way to do this ? Yes :slight_smile: but this is a parody… Before that i just had to click on US Blizzard and from there i could navigate through US website. Again… a billion dollar company :slight_smile: Maybe we should send them a YouTube tutorial or something ?

This Topic reminds me of the old saying "If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it"
:skull_and_crossbones: :pensive:

:slight_smile:

Ah… but it was broken, sort of… (the highlight is mine):

and we did get some new functionality with the migration.

The problem is :

Let’s give them a chance to fix it… It’s only been 4 working days.

I just hope they don’t come back with « working as intended »         :roll_eyes:

I guess I must be mistaken then, I thought the site was working just fine before, I had no problems going to were I wanted to go. :man_shrugging:
I am sure everything will be just fine in a few days or weeks, maybe!
:peace_symbol:

I clicked on the forum link from the front page of the diablo 3 website on my phone and it took me to the Korean forums. Sw33t.

One life, One Account, One Game Server and One Game Forum!

Blizzard is reaching for Unity among all brothers and sisters!

Please believe that I am speaking out of the side of my mouth here.

Yeah… the one game forum is the part that worries me… ever looked at the selection of forums for Classic Games (such as Diablo II) ??? the selection is not too bad if you speak English (since you can use the US English forums), but if you only speak French… you only get this: Blizzard Forums

1 Like

Ahoy.

The web team has rolled back the domain issues for the time being so this should alleviate leaderboard/profiles/regional content issues you all were experiencing. We’ve kept the new domains as well so any bookmarks will still be valid. Caching issues may take a hot second for this to reflect the changes but they should appear now or very shortly.

If you are still experiencing any issues, let us know.

11 Likes