What have you done to the website?

It seems after the maintenance today, the address of the D3 website became https://diablo3.blizzard.com/ instead of https://us.diablo3.com/ and we can no longer choose the region of the website we want to visit from the region/language menu at the bottom.

Making matters worse, the server automatically redirects us to whichever the closest region forums and leaderboards based on our ip address. As matter of fact, I had to use my browse history to find the address of US forums to be able to come here and post this.

Do you have any idea how stupid this is? I certainly hope this is an oversight and you get the web team to fix it and let us change the region we want to visit asap.

11 Likes

Yep, it’s called segregation :stuck_out_tongue:

If they don’t want pesky Europeans like me, I’ve got news for them… I can use bookmarks, so they’ll have to do more than that to keep me away from this forum :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Yeah how dare they assign us according to where we live. Directing EU players to EU forums, and Asia players to Asia Forums… Everyone knows that the very little effort Blizzard puts into listening to player’s feedback/suggestions happens on the NA forums! That’s why we see some players from different regions post here because their attempt to be “heard” failed on other places.

Maybe they’re trying to keep the EU players on the EU forums?

4 Likes

The EU forums have been useless since their creation back in 2011.
If you wanna read something important, you come here.

The only real purpose the EU forums serve is for people who use google translate to post to stay there :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Don’t you use bookmarks man?

Don’t you guys have bookmarks??

8 Likes

Classic use of one of the devs for Immortal’s line in Blizzcon 2018. Anyway, this comes on the heels of a report of an impending EU office closure. Not segregation, but a need to retain a local fan base. It definitely wreaked havoc for EU players. The maintenance also caused some issues with the Battle.net Agent service, which is connected to the servers.

Of course I use bookmarks, but I had it set to the main page of the website so I can easily access both the leaderboards and forums and now I had the forums bookmarked.

However bookmakrs can’t solve the problem that I can’t view US leaderboards and player profile in browser anymore because the server redirects me to a different region and there is no way to change it.

This is what I get when I try to access my own profile.
https://i.imgur.com/8Q6579z.jpg

The issue is more serious than you guys think and it has to be fixed.

2 Likes

Most of the EU CS and such is out of the Cork, Ireland office. The office in France had some localization/publishing folks, marketing, and some CS too.

Maint was for the Authentication servers and impacted D3 and Hearthstone after it was done. That was done from the US offices as normal and is fixed already.

The forums have been directing folks to the local forums for a long time. Not sure if they changed anything or the OP just recently realized it.

I was redirected to the Asian D3 forum (Diablo 3 Forums) when I’ve always been on this forum/server.

I was wondering why the entire forum turned into Korean for me.

3 Likes

This is not true. If I view the US website the forum link on the top used to bring me to US forums. Now it doesn’t even matter if I choose English (US) at the bottom of website, I get sent to a different region when I want to view leaderboards and forums.

I also checked other Blizzad game websites like Overwatch and Starcraft 2 and they function normally unlike D3. US Overwatch website still link to US Overwatch forums, EU website link to EU Overwatch forums etc.

6 Likes

The problem is that no longer a way to inspect profiles of other regions.
The country selection at the bottom of the profile page is gone; only language can be selected now.
Can’t use the trick by editing the URL anymore. It always redirect to the main region (determined by IP address?).

3 Likes

What!? ACK! Ok I will ask some questions tomorrow. That is not cool. I knew there was some location sensing that happened, especially with purchases, but was not aware they just applied it to our forums.

Hmmmmmmmm I can still select forum regions/languages. I have not logged out or closed my browser though.

3 Likes

Exactly, thank you for confirming that it’s not just me.

3 Likes

The forum is OK. We are talking about the Armory profile page.

1 Like

I am sorry for misunderstanding. Thank you for clarifying.

Still not cool. Folks post issues with builds here and we need to be able to see what they are up to so we can offer help (or you guys who know builds can).

1 Like

Seems the d3planner import still working, but it is very inconvenient. And difficult to use on a mobile phone.

1 Like

To be more precise, the region/language selection at the bottom of the forums works, however it doesn’t work on the main D3 website, leaderboards and armory profiles.

1 Like

Thank you both. Feel free to add details as you sort them out. I will see who I can ask (if anyone) about it tomorrow.

2 Likes