What are your minimum requirements to pay for D4?

For me, after being scorned by the mess that is D3; I expect at least the following before I’m willing to drop money on it:

1. At least 8 players per game with custom game names with configurable options; including game name, optional password, and player limit. There should also be game listings where the creators chose game names.
  2. Dueling anywhere outside of town with optional loot toggles
  3. Trading with no soulbound garbage
  4. Diablo 1, Diablo 2, or Path of Exile dark theme of visuals, sounds, and level of maturity. D3 is currently themed like the bad guys from the Power Rangers (the old show, not the movie.)

For me personally, those are my 4 critical requirements before im willing to drop money on D4.

11 Likes

The most important thing for me that D3 lacked was the importance and seriousness of every choice in terms of stat allocation and skill points.

Every single skill point on D2 was a major choice for character development. Every single stat point, too.

Builds in D3 were ridiculous, boring, no decision making, nothing.

9 Likes

Great point and I probably should have included that in my list… Skill trees in RPG’s is a must for me.

3 Likes

Well I’m damn glad to say you’ll be nowhere near D4.

4 Likes

Afraid you will get pk’d? Don’t you have a safe space to retreat to? The first two Diablo games weren’t designed for snow flakes.

3 Likes

Meaningful choices, no endless expgrind and Pvpve of some sort. Trying to steer away from the direction D3 went with most design choices would be preferable.

1 Like

The hostile system gave Diablo 2’s pvp a bad reputation. It’s a major reason why most pvers are strongly against pvp returning in any shape or form. So don’t bring back the hostile system; have pvp require the consent of all parties before they can engage one another.

6 Likes

D4… LOL , these people are hopeless… must be one of the Rhykker sheep… unreal…

Truth of the matter is that y’all will buy it no matter what. The only requirement is that it’s called Diablo 4.

7 Likes

I think I’ll wait for months before I make any move on buying any new games. Even BL3 couldn’t budge me and I doubt a potential “D4 battle royale lootershooter- ARPG edition” could make me pre-order anything.

D2 lacked an infinite scaling difficulty, it used its PK threat as a last challenge. Unfair? Nobody said it would be fair. While it can be tweaked somewhat I believe it added some depth to the game.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t believe the depth it added was worth the harassment of pve players.

I concur.

1 Like

OP - I think you are setting yourself up for a big let down.

1 Like

What are your minimum requirements to pay for D4?

reply: That the game be realeased :wink:

3 Likes

If it’s a good game I’ll buy it at full retail if not then no I won’t.
I don’t have an itemized litmus test, it won’t be difficult to tell if it’s good or not either.

1 Like

Same, I’ll buy D4 regardless of what the internet says. If I like it, I continue to play and purchase future content. If not, I won’t.

I buy very, very few games these days, so it’s not like it’s a zero-sum game or anything.

1 Like

Yeah, okay OP, whatever you say. See you in D4 regardless of the features it comes with.

1 Like

Except I haven’t played D3 in years. Nice try. Some of us have a backbone and stand behind principles.

2 Likes

Such courage, much bravery.

My requirements to pay for D4 are for it to exist.

If I only get a few hours out of it, oh well. However, I doubt that would be the case, considering I’m closing in on 4300 hours played in D3.

4300 hours on D3? are you always high?