What are the TL3 requirements as of Dec 2019?

What you propose → TL3 once and never taken away - is worse since it’s exploitable. I already gave you one example. There are many others if you don’t agree TL3 section has to deliver usefulness to forum.

Exploitable. I though that’s what moderators were for. If it’s exploitable at all it’s exploitable for anyone who can earn it and how long they’ve had it is irrelevant.

Yes, it is. But it’s less exploitable when able to be lost.

You’re arguing in a circle. It has always been able to be lost. People can be banned from a forum.

I am not arguing, I am explaining you the logic behind TL3 being dynamic.

Trust Levels are kind of a filters.

Go to a night camp in nature and bring anti-mosquito stuff with you. The more stuff you bring the more you’ll be able to filter out the insects. You can’t filter 100% of them, but you have to do your best.

The same principle applies to forum spam.

Moderators and banning are just the final instance aka you slapping the mosquito with a hand.

And that is just all nonsense. You can spam a forum with offensive words or with offensive pictures causing the same the result, banning, suspension, deletion, moderation. It depends on the severity of the offense. Look up the definition of argue. You’re making a distinction without a difference and you are wrong.

In the first couple of days of the new forums going live I made this thread…

…and my opinion was that almost no-one would care about TL3 if a couple more domains were added to the whitelist that TL2 people could make links to, e.g. icy veins, imgur, diablo3 and so on.

The daft thing is, at TL2 people can embed YouTube videos, but not create clickable hyperlinks, so the thread was ultimately de-railed by people embedding cat and dog videos.

I tried…

3 Likes

Yes, TL2 needs to be expanded with these for sure.

The web team can easily rectify this by creating a script that will read the profile’s data, parse it and then display it in the browser. They could then change the profile code that displays your profile data to automatically call the script and include the relevant data to be displayed. That would solve the whole “when will I get/lose TL3” problem every forum is having. It would also shield Blizzard from being viewed as too secretive.

Simple Y/N is better since they kind of want you to exceed these. If you know the exact percent, you may just stop there.

Good news! It turns out the “like” counter uses the 100 day average too! Since I tend to be frugal with my likes, I dipped below the 30 likes per 100 days threshold. My philosophy is that if I don’t use the like button often, when I actually do use it, the effect is more pronounced (and noticeable by those who see what I “liked”).

Anyways, to those who lost TL3 bonuses, try spamming the like button:

7 Likes

I try to keep my likes given and received relatively even. Passing them on I guess you could say.

I’m a little behind right now on my likes given, but I’ve been catching up since I haven’t been posting much lately. Just lurking and liking.

3 Likes

Yes, someone tell the green poster to fix his guide by changing:
Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes during the past 100 days.

We still don’t know the exact number of likes needed.

3 Likes

Yeah I didn’t really “like” too many things. I mostly reserved the button for when there was misinformation in a thread and already a correct answer (I would “like” the correct answer instead of duplicating information). Also, I would use “likes” for direct complements.

I think the likes received is a better measure of trust rather than likes given, so this was a surprise to learn that my TL3 status was lost because I didn’t press a :heart: button 30+ times in 100 days.

I already posted it in the forum guide thread, maybe they will update it.

I know that the like counter is the culprit, but I didn’t check if the likes needed to be from the last 100 days worth of posts or if the likes needed to be given within the last 100 days. Also, what happens if I UNLIKE posts that I liked yesterday? I’m too scared to test it!

6 Likes

You can’t do that…

You can click the heart icon again and it goes back to being hollow.

I thought this was for some short period of time. Did they changed it?

Only within a short(ish?) window of the like being cast. If I go back and look at likes I’ve given weeks ago, I don’t have the option to remove it.

Oh you’re right, I can’t unlike things that I liked after some time.

I’ll go this path these days so we find out the exact number.

I use Adblock for many things and I skip the likes totally.