What are the TL3 requirements as of Dec 2019?

What they can easily do is offer Y/N answer in a private user section whether the user meets each of the requirements, but they need to make official those requirements first.

Right now I suspect the likes are rolling here at these forums OR there has been included some other not mentioned requirement in the meantime. But since I lost TL3 exactly on 101st day, the reason is very possibly the likes indeed.

3 Likes

So just to summarize the last 15 posts, the issue might be that the “like” count is based on a moving average and so I need to “like” more posts and have more people “like” me? Isn’t that the facebook model?

2 Likes

Yes, but I just think of something invalidating the theory.

I made 1 like to get TL2. And this was on 15th day. So:

1. It’s not the likes
    OR
  2. Likes count is rolling, but below 30
3 Likes

Okay, I’ll start by liking some random posts in threads I’ve participated in to see what happens. I only need 30 right?

2 Likes

Yes, try getting 30 more now.

I won’t like to see whether it’s the posts read.

TL3 cron job is in 4 hours from now.

3 Likes

On it! I “like” that this experiment is easy to test lol.

4 Likes

Let’s hope there isn’t something new in the mix since the green text we use is kind of unofficial and might change per forum, so when they gave us the bonus posts read at 50th day (when people became TL3) they might have added something new.

1 Like

Okay, I added about 40 new likes from posts in the last few months to try and see if that fixes the problem. I might also need to test if I need to receive fresh likes too though; I think we only need 20 of those right?

7 Likes

Well, you only need 19 now, as I gave you one. :smile:

4 Likes

Nah, likes received are fine, we have that covered.

2 Likes

So, this is the case we are in now.

Iria is TL 3 again.

I will make 1 like today just so we see whether this would somehow “refresh” the stat.

If I don’t gain TL 3 tomorrow, I’ll make 9 more for a 10 total check.

Then 10 more next day. And 5 more on next if necessary.

1 → 10 → 20 → 25

Seems like a good breakpoint choice, right?

I bet on 20.

diablo 3 is already a tedious full time job… now they’re making the forum one as well.

Hope you guys enjoy your TL3, i’m certainly not going to put in that effort.

Yes, TL3 is fun and important.

I need it mainly for two things:

• Hyping future events
  • Posting images in feedback threads
1 Like

Anyone want to explain why Blizzard thinks ordinary people who haven’t done anything wrong aren’t good enough to be their customers? Because that’e what they’re saying. We want these people but those people over there we don’t want on our forums. It’s a bit short sighted to make your default position that customers have to prove their worthiness isn’t it?

1 Like

Do you have any idea what would happen if the default state is free linking for everyone including first time posters?

Yes but I’ve seen angry people who’ve been on forums for years do the same. There is a middle ground and they’re nowhere near it.

TL2 is the middle ground (15 days of visit) and you can link almost everything necessary with it. Maybe it misses only imgur.

Again the default position there is that customers are untrustworthy. Worse that once trusted they magically become untrustworthy because they don’t spend their entire life on the forums. That’s not the middle ground.

That is necessary to prevent spam.

TL3 has to involve some form of commitment that is on steady basis aka even if you got it once you could lose it. That’s the right principle since otherwise one could gain TL3 and stop being useful for others.

They can certainly make it less tedious to manage TL3 in terms of posts read, but all other conditions are pretty fine and doesn’t require you to have a fast scroll speed.

Yeah you’re just making excuses for Blizzard here. There’s no rational basis for it. Being useful for others is an arbitrary standard and not the purpose of a forum.