What are the TL3 requirements as of Dec 2019?

I’ve been trying to re-attain my TL3 status like crazy since a few weeks ago. I had it in September and lost it sometime in November for some reason. The most common reason is that the 100-day moving average for topic reads has dipped too low. Here is the pertinent information from the forum guide:

As of today, my stats are as follows:

• Days visited 144 (I joined July 9, so I missed a total of 4 days since)
  • Read time 3 days
  • Recent read time 22 hours
  • Topics viewed 1.9k
  • Posts read 29.4k
  • Likes given 53
  • Topics created 15
  • Posts created 276
  • Likes received 548

When I received the TL3 status in late September I had roughly 7.8k posts read. Thus the majority of the 29.4k posts read I have now have been in the last months. What am I missing? Is there now a limit on the number of TL3 slots so that there is competition? Have I been secreted flagged for some reason that I cannot know about?

While the TL3 bonuses are not extremely important, the fact that I cannot edit some of my existing posts without removing links is frustrating. I know about the workaround using the grave accent ` symbol for links but it looks ugly. Also, I cannot write pretty math expressions anymore by embedded LaTeX images.

1 Like

LOL, this is really the worst forum in the world I’ve ever used.

As today’s requirement of topic read has already been >17k (surprisingly high to me) and it needs you to read posts created in the last 100 days so I guess your problem is still posts read.

It is really ridiculous that you can’t post clickable link but can post link in ``.

It is really ridiculous that TL3 requirements are so vague to anyone.

It is really ridiculous that You need to actually read lots of pointless D4 posts for TL on a D3 forum.

The only efficient way to get TL3 is to make a readbot which reads pointless topics for you. Even more ridiculous though.

1 Like

LOL who cares? This crap makes you feel like you’re walking on eggshells, having to punctuate your P’s and Q’s because you’re too worried you’ll get flagged & banned.

It’s way more fun to speak your mind. And nevermind gifs, youtube vids are far better and you don’t need TL3 to post those.

2 Likes

I think you are missing visit 50% of the last 100 days. I lost my TL3 status when I couldn’t keep this up.

That can’t be right. I joined the new forum on July 9th and I have 145 days visited. There are 149 days between July 9th and December 5th (today). I thus have at a minimum 96 days visited over the last 100 days.

1 Like

I lost my TL3 status today too. Seems like some forum users reported us for something and we got banned from TL3. It seems so since I am way over the requirements.

Yeah, that’s what I’m leaning towards as well. I’m not sure what I could have said to offend enough people though; I generally post mathematical information which tends to be some of the most unbiased content you can make.

1 Like

Or it could be posts read. One of these it is 100%.

I have the same issue, right after the controversial barb nerf fiasco. It became annoying when I wanted to respond to some players with useful links to builds.

Not sure if it will resolve itself by the upcoming PTR w/ DH upgrades and new sets.

Let us know if you figure it out.

I checked all TL3 profiles and it seems our problem is not in the requirements which boils the possible reasons to two:

1. Silent forum suspension
  2. Bug

I also see people like Kirottu lost their TL3 status too.

I would assume that if you receive a forum action, such as a suspension, you’d receive a notification of such. Is there such a thing as a non-informed suspension?

Yes, I have received email notification in the past for some weekly ban at old forums. At these forums I have received a system notification for someone flagging my post as life threatening. But nothing other these two.

We definitely need more info on the topic about whether such thing exists.

If that was upheld, that would explain the loss of TL3.

Code of Conduct - Threats

It was months ago. I suppose it was one of those 5 “lives”/flags we are allowed to receive.

So, either the other 4 didn’t appear in notifications (which would be very strange), I got some silent suspension or it’s a bug.

How many posts read you have btw?

The summary says 24.1k posts read.

you guys are crazy. theres no way id give up making troll topics for these rewards

1 Like

I’ve scrolled through 104K but I doubt I’ve actually read more than 2-3% of that.

We don’t know whether the profile number is taken into consideration in the mechanic below:

1 Like

I never had any forum flag notices. I did get a suspension back in 2014 for about a day when I posted a link to a youtube video showing how to break D3 though (it was a funny video which showed the Blackfeather glitch before it was patched). I suppose it caused some players to maliciously break the game (forcing a restart of D3) for others in random public games which is why it was a problem.

I know that this 2014 incident didn’t affect getting TL3 on the new forum since I did have TL3 for quite some time before losing it.

Okay, I opened a support ticket now.

You can do this from here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1032/ticket