We NEED gameplay / balance changes. Here is Why

Uh huh. And what if they planned to keep it under VV? Or what if they made a separate realm with changes, and you could still play the old one?

Says the guy who typed “D2: Reaper of Souls” as if he didn’t think through it first.

Besides, you still preordered the freaking game. For nearly the full price of a game these days. How much lack of faith am I supposed to believe you have when you do that? And don’t give me that “but VV is doing it” line. The lack of faith people have in Blizzard stems from what they’ve done under Activision… and VV has been part of Activision for longer than Blizzard.

They told that trying to stick so close to the original as possible. They not going to make big changes to the game. The game dosent need it any way cus its a remaster not a remake.

1 Like

I feel too many changes will either get rid of the core game or enhance it. I hope it is the latter so we can have an excellent experience playing the game.

In response to your comment.

I went as far as i could sure but it was just Farming the same content over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over you beat the game and this is what you have to look forward to and that is get a set and farm the same content repeatedly until you are bored. it is rather boring. modding on the other hand is what kept many like myself playing diablo2 if you have ever played a GOOD mod such as Median Xl you might know that i know that the median modder added great content and i anticipated the next median patches because the content was so great.

1 Like

Actually, they have said way more than that.

Here is some quotes/links from Blizzard to show that they are considering changes.

Blizzard has sent out two surveys on D2R where they sought balance changes in both. This is documented.

In addition to these management approved surveys, we have many Blizzard quotes.

1 Like

Just let it go flipp/flopp Micro. Ploot isnot coming.

Do you honesty think I will take your advice on this? Every time that you insult me personally, it only strengthens my resolve.

Thats cute. But your resolve has nothing to do with reality.

People with resolve are the ones who typically get things done and can impact the future.

People with apathy tend not to be leaders or make the world a better place.

1 Like

Nope they are just stubborn who cant face reality.

In some cases yes. In other cases no.

What we do know is that Blizzard at least at some point considered personal loot in D2R. That is a factual reality. It may not have been considered strongly or for a long period of time, but we know that Blizzard themselves asked the players about their desire to have personal loot in D2R.

That is the cold hard fact that can be proved.

1 Like

Micro. Ploot is not comming. Singleplayer (your main game mode) is there for ploot. Let it goooooo.

We shall see. Even if it does not come in the next year, I will still advocate for it. I am persistent.

1 Like

In 2023 you already flipp/flopped to Diablo 4 together with all ploot fanboys.

1 Like

If D4 is out, I most likely will shift my playtime to D4 and play less D2:Lod/D2R/D3:RoS. If you think playing future video games is a flip-flop so be it. I never said that I will only play D2:Lod/D2R for the rest of my life. That sounds quite boring to me.

I evolve and am not stuck in a 20 year old nostalgia loop looking to reclaim my former video game glory days. I will also be playing other non-Blizzard games, even though I suspect ES 6 will not be out by then. Sad face.

1 Like

Looks you are only persistent to change games to your flavor but not playing them. Should i be surprised?

Well there are others who would. They are far more important than some flavor of the year type players.

We can see this all over the world also. The ppl who think they “evolving” but in reality just “devolving”. But at least the “evolve” fanatsy is strong with them.

Cool.

…they kept the inferno bug…

That is-- they reduced the damage Blizzard North intended for the skill to do, back to the damage the skill actually did.
In Diablo 2, it was supposed to deal 12-25 damage at level 1, but dealt 6-12 because of a bug.

They made it deal 6-12 damage in D2R, and just changed the listed damage to 6-12 instead of fixing the skill and having it deal the intended damage.
…that is just heartbreaking – watching Inferno stand at 6-12 damage in the beta, while Arreat Summit lists it at 12-25, the damage it was intended to deal at level 1.
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/sorceress-fire.shtml

…Inferno was one of the first skills I played – until it proved to be too bad to move on.
Back when there were no respecs, and when we had hopes most of the skill bugs were going to get fixed.

Purist is someone who does not want any updates, not someone like you. They cry every patch every game they play, thats a purist. A purist would say somehting like this- How dare you make a bigger stash i want to spend countless hours muling!!
Or

• 1 click moving items and potions ridiculous!!! Ruining the game, we want to slowly drag every item 1 by 1!!

Note if you don’t think video games have not evolved, I think your got your head screwed on backwords. Fact is there are many common sense changes that many RPGs have taken since then. Instanced loot is just a must IMO for a open friendly CO-OP experience. I’m sorry it being a optional change scares people so much. While I don’t necessarily agree with every change newer games have made like increased loot drop rates, making unique items more common, binding equipment on equip, ones like instanced loot are great and won’t impact any of that.

I am already hitting the same issues I had playing D2 back in the day, charms need separate inventory, where only there they work and can be put it, like any other equipment slot, I don’t care if its less then the normal inventory or more. I get tired of wrestling with less and less space for drops, tping back, it just doesn’t feel very good pacing wise until gold is meaningless in higher levels.

I type 'shift my playtime" and “play less”. You read that as “not playing them”. I still will play just less frequently.

How can I flip/flop my position on exclusively playing D2:LoD/D2R for the rest of my life, if I never said something as foolish as that to begin with. This argument is disingenuous.

I strongly suspect the people who say they are trying to evolve and be better are far less likely to be “devolving”.

3 Likes