We NEED gameplay / balance changes. Here is Why

Well ofc we will find out.

Other than the fact that a huge portion of the player base left after 1.09 was patched to 1.10 to largely remove hacks and brought in the “OP” runewords to replace the white rings/occy ring hex charms and maphack (rip maphack by mousepad, btw i wonder what that guy is up to these days) without which you were basically dead weight in a group. Hacking wasn’t a big deal other than that i agree.

Yeah, I stopped seeing hacked items, but the bots were out of control.

I don’t see why. What’s exciting or thrilling about doing the same things you’ve already been doing?

I played last night, not a lot, more this weekend, but already I’m running into the early game stuff I’ve never liked… not enough inventory or belt space, my spells missing targets all the time, the stupid stamina bar, etc.

Someone didn’t get very far, did they?

I mean, I’ll grant you the difficulty in D3 is rather one dimensional, but you can’t really say it’s not there if you want it to be.

It will not, at least not the to the same extent, which likely means things like Path of Diablo are not going to be possible.

This is a big fear of mine - part of the reason D2 has remained so long is precisely because of mods that made it a much more interesting and/or updated game. Without those…

It’s not about that he can do, it’s about what Blizzard is going to let him do… and the answer is not much. So modding is not the answer and never was, and that’s before taking into account that modding is mostly a solo game experience, and I like multiplayer.

This is some n****** fonsense, really. One of the MAJOR criticisms of D3 is how unbalanced it is and how the devs never make any effort to balance it, but merely cycle different sets and abilities to power each patch via power creeping numbers.

I’m running into this a lot. You guys say D3 is bad, but then you’ll make some silly comment that makes me think you’re parroting someone else who said that, and you don’t really understand anything about the problems D3 has - because if you did, you wouldn’t have made that comment.

Seriously, D3 is one of the most unbalanced games in history. There are quite literally builds that are THOUSANDS of times stronger than others. If you think being unbalanced is a high mark, then you should absolutely LOVE D3, Wolf.

I hate this comment. A remaster doesn’t mean they can’t or shouldn’t make changes.

It’s kind of rare that they take over the games to the extent that are present in D2 and D3.

3 Likes

If I wanted a new game I would have bought a new game. I want D2 remastered, so I bought D2 remastered and don’t want D2 Reaper of Souls. If you don’t want the same D2 game, then wait for D4. How is this hard?

1 Like

That does not address the two realm solution in which there is a strict remaster realm for people who prefer that like yourself and a separate modern realm for those who prefer that.

I’m not at all opposed to dedicated servers for people who want the game to progress, as long as it’s still possible to play the game in its 1.14 state (would prefer 1.09, but that’s clearly not happening)–just in case Blizzard botches the changes. If I’m being completely honest, then I’d even check out those progression servers when content updates dropped.

There is some merit to the argument of dividing the player base as far as server health, and trade economy goes. These things don’t matter to me, but they do to some people.

2 Likes

You can hate it. But they told 1.14 with smal QoL staying so close to the original (1.14) as possible. That is d2r.

1 Like

To be honest, Im an old d2 veteran and only stopped playing because of that damn RD all the time, if you fasten up your runs you get RD all the time, stay in the same game is not what I wanna experience. So I really dont care any graphic improvements, I just wanna get rid of RD and Im happy.

That is D2R at launch, perhaps. Nothing says it needs to stay that way.

I don’t recall saying I wanted D2 Reaper of Souls, either. What the hell is that, even?

I get it, you have a phobia of D3, but you need to stop presuming every proposed change is an effort to make D2 into D3.

2 Likes

It’s current Blizzard making changes to classic D2. The current era, D3:Reaper of Souls, concatenated onto D2…

I think this is simply a fear mongering argument based on animosity towards D3 and trying to make outlandish claims to scare others into adopting a “no change/limited change” viewpoint. It is the classic slippery slope logical fallacy.

Analogy:
If baseball introduces the DH, then the final scores of games will be 498-312 and pitchers will now need to get 6 strikes on a hitter to record a strike out.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make sense. Most of the people involved with making D3 what it is aren’t there anymore, and there’s new leadership at Blizz anyway.

1 Like

The leadership of Blizzard North including all the original head game designers (David Brevik and the Schaefer brothers) for D2/D2:LoD and 30 employees left the company prior to release of patch 1.10.

Patch 1.14 is definitely not the vision of the original Blizzard North team. Even patch 1.10 is most likely not the vision of the original D2/D2:LoD team.

1 Like

This is a very good point. However, it’s more about my trust in the current state of Blizzard. You’re right that even 10 years ago Blizzard North was gone, but I trusted Blizzard 10 years ago FAR, FAR more than I do modern Blizzard who is simply slaughtering one IP after another.

I thank my lucky stars that it’s Vicarious Vision and not Blizzard proper who is doing this remaster

It’s an abstract parallel, not literal. It’s incredibly obvious that they’re not going to actually make Malthaiel a boss fight in D2. It’s meant to speak to my lack of faith in the modern teams of Blizzard. I legitimately can’t tell if you’re being deliberately obtuse or if you are genuinely this dense.

it is a REMASTER, made to REMASTER the original game, and add QOL features. nothing more, nothing less. Want another game? Go play another game. Don’t act like you’re some kind of a representative figure of a silent majority agreeing with you: this is not the case.

People like you do come to any and every remasters they can find asking for changes (almost always driven by nothing more than selfish interests too), then play the stupid game for 2 months at most and go to another one without a second thought. We all know the type. You and your kind are why games “die” as you say.

1 Like

How many people forget that theres an incredible selection of high quality d2 mods out there for singleplayer and multiplayer. You cant get past the old looking graphics? Well if you cant get past that, I find it hard to believe you will enjoy D2R at all. D2 was never a casual game, it a difficult and unforgiving arpg. Thats what kept people coming back to it, maybe not for every ladder. But Many people would come back a few months every 2-3 years and enjoy their time greatly.

1 Like

no this would split the player base like crazy

1 Like

in comparison to the original D2/D2:Lod on battlenet PC it would be less.