New Survey Posted on Reddit 4/19/21

A screen shot taken of a new surveys questions from blizzard got posted on Reddit.

reddit Post Link

Questions:

Shared Stash
Toggle to Show Loot
Hide Certain Gear like Helm
Assign Skills to Other Keys
Improve Merc AI Pathfinding
Horadric Cube Recipe Book
Charm Inventory
Controller Support
Camera Zoom
Auto Gold Pickup
Additional Hotbar option on interface
Respec through earned currency
Toggle Show Ranged of Stats
Stackable Gems and Runes
Display Clock
Inventory Sort
Buff Timers

Then a question on potential changes to Runewords Per Ladder Season. Poster isnt sure if Skill question was Per Ladder Season or not, states believes it was but not 100% on it. Apologies for not screen capping that one.

5 Likes

This ones more refined, the other survey you could use a lot of those questions to help improve D4 or decide it’s future.

I think improved mercenary pathfinding would be good, and lower the use of teleport to keep them under control. The others I’m pretty meh at this point, stacking I’m fine with, but the only one I am hesitant about is buffing unused runewords, some ideas of what they are thinking would help guide how I feel on some of these things.

Ummm odd if Respec through earned currency is a question as you can already do it.

2 Likes

Is survey like this send to e-mail or I can see it only on bn profile? How does it work if I am picked.

Anyway, its super strange they dont send this to everyone who preordered. I dont get it.

3 Likes

It says Per Season, for RuneWords and Skills. SO that could be really interested. Changes to some gear thats no up for a season or so. Might spice up NL a bit I dont know.

Edit, reddit poster not 100% on if Sill question was same as Runeword one, so those changes might not be per season.

@Zax Last surveys I have gotten from Blizz are sent to email. not sure on this one though.

2 Likes

Well I guess I have to check my emails then :slight_smile:

That’s fair I glanced over the descriptor :slight_smile: That feels like making builds for seasons by buffing runewords… and thinking of it that way makes me think of D3, and that worries me :slight_smile:

but again I guess it depends on what they mean, I would love if they gave examples of ideas.

Design by committee is horrible, not really wanting that, but if they actually expanded on ideas it could bring feedback in from players and maybe expand someones thinking…but that ain’t gonna happen :slight_smile:

I also share the same fear in that regard Faulty. however, it could spice up NL trading and put more drive to get Ladder Only changed runewords. Kinda like how Old Patch Uniques were sought after in Diablo 2.

I also like the idea, that an Idea for Skill Change or Runewords is “Tested” in a non perm state. So if its not liked its not perm affecting everyone.

Edit, reddit poster not 100% on if Sill question was same as Runeword one, so those changes might not be per season.

1 Like

Yup I’m cool with that, I had old versions of items even if the old version was crap :stuck_out_tongue: In that regard I like the idea, like a uber version of a weak runeword. I just don’t want builds, where they buff like 3 in a class and it becomes a set to wear for that season but that’s me assuming the worst.

Just me throwing assumptions everywhere.

1 Like

My main question is, characters affected by Season Only skill changes, do they lose the changes when moved to NL or are they grandfathered in? That could kind be cool unless the balance that season was horrible.

Edit, reddit poster not 100% on if Skill question was same as Runeword one, so those changes might not be per season.

It looks like they may have ruled out charm inventory and personal loot. But a modern skill bar is still on the table.

1 Like

It’s funny by adding respec by earning currency, are they suggesting removing this feature if low enough, still feels like some of these questions are aimed at guiding D4 too.

Missed listing that screen shot has a question spot for Charm Inventory, but there isnt one for personal loot.

@faulty, I wonder if the Currency Respec, is so people can use gold if they are getting Trash Drops for the Token Mats. If you farm enough and dont get lucky, atleast then the gold you get you could respec.

Also possible that maybe gold respec, is limited? Maybe only skills or attributes or something. If gold Respec is cheap, maybe it could even be undo Last 5 Stats and last Skill point, kind of a Redo of your last level. Maybe you could drop a lot of gold for a full respec then? I dont know, just spit balling atm.

1 Like

That’s fair, hard to figure that one out too. I do feel absolution tokens are like ummm Ramalamadan’s gift in D3, once you find one you end up having waaay more than you need in no time. So in that way I don’t think they need to make it easier, but maybe they are thinking of easier respecing with in game currency during norm or NM but once you hit hell you can’t respec without tokens.

1 Like

maybe respeccing with gold scales with level. So its Cheap for lower lvls but a lvl 75+ character might just wana farm the tokens.

That would be a good way of allowing people to more easilly try out different builds in the early game but have a more committed stance for late game?

3 Likes

Am I missing something, or is there a disconnect here? We recently saw in an interview that the devs were trying to deliver D2R as a faithful version of D2, and now a new survey is out? Either it is fake, or we have some weird internal conflict going on at Blizzard.

2 Likes

If it is real, I guess the devs don’t think any of these would change the core gameplay, otherwise I don’t think they’d ask them.

I really don’t want to see items and skills changed unless in a separate realm, kinda defeats the point of the old runewords and their awesomeness.

I want to farm the same items I used to farm. I want to see the same skills I used to see. I don’t want buffs or nerfs.

Keep 1.14 ladder separate, please, if you implement these core changes.

2 Likes

Going to be honest a lot of the asked questions are things already in, Auto Gold, Controllers, Zoom, Stash.

The only really big ones to me are Charm Inventory and Stackable Gems/Runes.

Hotbar while a change, is already in the controller UI and having more hotkey customization is helpful for accessibility for disabled gamers.

Clock? why not?

Inventory Sort? If optional toggle so I dont accidently click it, ok for accessilibty.
Toggle item stat range? Thats kinda nice.

Cube Recipes? Sweet I dont have to pull up arreats
constantly lol.
Merc AI? Make them less stupid PLZ

Hide Helmet? YES mainly because the Circlet now has a model so you cant use that to hide your helmet in a runeword anymore.

@geezer, it seems that Skill and RuneWord changes would be same NL? But on some ladder seasons they might get changed. Might make the desire to make items on ladder more interesting and could invigorate NL trade. Kinda like Old Patch Uniques did in OG D2.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind two different realms, but I’m glad they’re gathering more feedback. I just wish they’d make the surveys available to more people. Temporary changes to runewords would be awesome, imagine the different builds you could play, especially if they moved that aready made runeword to NL. You could still make the regular runeword in another ladder or grab a copy from someone that made it already.

I think they’re going to launch as close to vanilla as possible and then they will start rolling out changes.

If that would be the case, with constant power creep like D3, I think I’d still play through LoD a couple times, but my thousands of hours would likely turn into dozens of hours instead.

1 Like

Interesting that they’re still asking about a charm inventory… so there’s still a chance. Let’s do it Blizzard! I pretty much would like to see all of the changes that they’re asking about now. Most of them aren’t too game changing and would make the game feel a lot better. I honestly wish they’re just reskin the game for those of you that want the same exact experience just w/ new graphics and then an improved D2.

1 Like