WD Nerf Feedback

The nerf to the Gazing Demise is completely unreasonable. Its true that Mundunugus Regalia is the strongest WD set right now, but why is that a reason to nerf the whole class by 5 Grift Levels. I pushed every single WD Set on the PTR and the only one that comes close to Mundunugus Regalia is Zunimassa Carnevil and its still 2-3 Grift Levels behind Mundunugu. So this nerf is just an overall nerf to WD. Right now on the Live Server in Season 22 WD is the 3rd weakest classes of all and after the nerf WD should be by far the weakest class next season. Why not buff a set like Zunimassa, Jade, Helltooth or Arachyr instead of nerfing the strongest build on one of the weakest classes in the game right now?

You could argument that right now in Season 22 some classes benefit more than others from the Season theme and that after Season 22 WD is much stronger compared to the other classes, but that is not true. Compared to Barb for example, the highest Barb in Season 22 did a GR150 in 14min with 6,8k Paragon and the highest WD a GR150 in 13min with 9k Paragon. Both of these classes benefit from the Season theme just by using Convention of Elements. So after the nerf WD is just 5 Grift Levels weaker then Barb.
Why not nerf Barb, because WW Barb is much stronger then the other Barb builds. Kappa

47 Likes

I agree this now is the WD complete worthless
i hope u do a Update on WD
2x nerfing the same Build to ground is not needed

14 Likes

there was zero need to “rework” the Mundunugu’s set…completely neutered the WD even further for no reason; RIP

9 Likes

Strongly agree. I’m a long time Witch Doctor player and I’m very sad at the state of the class now.

The WD class is one of the worst classes now at speeds and solo pushing. Would really like an answer from Blizzard on what the class is suppose to excel at now?

Doesn’t really make sense to nerf the WD gazing demise when WD barely can clear 150 and then buff wizards and necromancer again so they are crushing 150s easily.

11 Likes

I also agree
I’ve tested WD’s Zuni, Helltooth and Mundu sets so far and they all underperform compared to other classes. Just look at the leaderboard results…

Give WD the 4th cube slot, and maybe then we could keep up with the others.

4 Likes

I agree. The nerf is an exaggeration … Once they reached into the spirit barrage skill and took away his pet bonus - it was a very big nerf, if he passes this he will be the weakest character in the game. :frowning:
They didn’t even increase the damage reduction and the other sets are very weak!
In addition, it has a lot of old items that are old and weak. 90% of what wd has is insufficient for today’s standard of the game due to other characters!

11 Likes

Instead of just changing a few sets around, they need to actually buff many of the supporting items that the WD has for most of it’s skills that are virtually worthless right now. That would lead to a ton of build diversity and make the class fun again.

(for example the WD has 16 weapons. 16!!! Only 3.5 of them are viable + 13 mojos and 4 are decent, but left alone do not make a build work)

12 Likes

So frustrated by this whole situation. Said this elsewhere, but I would dearly love for some communication for Blizzard on this front (ha-ha). Very difficult for us to get an accurate read on WD’s current standing because the era wasn’t reset after the last change to Spirit Barrage, a lot of old Spirit Barrage clears muddying the waters and leading to confusion and consternation among WD mains about why this had to be done. I know I’ve said this all before and I’m sorry to repeat myself, but I feel like unless we make a lot of noise about this, our concerns are just going to be swept under the rug.

12 Likes

Agreed. Witch Doctors are fun to play even though they can’t compete with other classes already, but another nerf to this already unpopular class is just too much.

14 Likes

@ ChaosLeech that’s very well said. They never increased the wd toughness. Why does every other class have a big damage reduction item that reduces damage by 70% or 80%? The witch doctor class only gets 60% from Lacumbas and you have to use Sacred Harvester weapon with the bracers to get that 60%. There’s so much neglect to our favorite class :frowning_face:

8 Likes

Perhaps they should look on the seasonal leaderboards and see how many Necromancers have cleared GR150.
Americas - 141
Europe - 236
(South East) Asia - 279

You’d think most people would know from seeing this where the nerf needs to happen. No point criticising their choices, I am convinced now many of the developers have probably not played a rift at 120, so it will fall on deaf ears.

EDIT: If they leave the PTR Rathma’s set the way it is, yo ucan pretty much double the figures above by the end of next season.

1 Like

As a relevant side note - It’s not like the WD community has not requested an equivalent 60% damage reduction ring like every other class e.g. band of might, elusive ring and halo of karini etc etc
It’s only about 6 years overdue.

7 Likes

I’m a Japanese who has been playing WD for a long time on NA server hardcore.
I agree with Baskenater’s opinion.

6 Likes

Sorry but not sorry. After my wizard got nerfed to hell on EVERY build the past year, we get excluded from every GR push. Deal with it.
Before you get your precious build back, I want all my previous nerfed Wizard builds back. Archon, StarPact, Channeling. Oh and throw in stronger hydras and twisters while you’re at it. (Cause every build of ours is so bad!)

Maybe you should check the Firebirds/Rasha’s 150 builds.
Some of us like every class. WD has never really been a push build until Mundungu. Personally, I’d like every class to be equal but they do not seem to be succeeding too well with that.

4 Likes

This, exactly.
There would be a ton of viable WD builds if they would quite screwing around with extra chickens and buff serious supporting items.
Bakuli’s, Skrimshaw, Suwong, just to name a few.

I really think the devs got butt-hurt that no one cared about all their “hard work” on chickens and bears. The upgrades still underperformed, so we stuck with Mundunugu’s. Now we pay the price for being ungrateful.

4 Likes

I already know this about the PTR.

1. Do you really think they will allow that broken build to go live?
    Think about that. we both know the answer to that.
  2. What about when Archon got nerfed? What about when channeling meteors got nerfed? And what about the weak hydras and weak/laggy twisters?

All our builds got nerfed and here you are talking about a PTR (non live change)…
And I’m talking about all the nerfed builds.

Mundunugus Regalia is the strongest wd lineup so far, that’s true, but it’s not stronger than the other lineups in the game !!! If this nerf is, then wd will be the weakest! :frowning: Nobody wants to play it!
Why don’t you want to raffle this report? When other wd sets are terribly weak and are terribly unbalanced compared to other sets of other characters + almost all legendary wd items are old without boost damage.
If you destroy like you plan on Mundunugus Regalia, then what do we have to play on wd? :frowning:
Don’t kill us wd!

2 Likes

The things is the WD people are talking about them breaking a build that was working - also in PTR - same thing really. The difference is the broken one will probably go live for the WD’s and not for the Wizards, so it’s a little messed up.

2 Likes

Wizard LoD twister was clearing 150s no problem last season and as a player who is usually wizard/wd main I can safely say that complaint is total garbage. WD has long been given the shaft and Munds was already nerfed once. Not only does the only DR for WD require you slot a specific weapon, bracer, skill (and usually languish), any time you die you have to carefully build up 10 stacks of soul harvest again which is utterly ridiculous on a non add spawning RG. Take your crybaby wiz comment and go to a different thread with that nonsense. Again, I main either a wiz or a wd every single season since s1 so it’s not like I’m prejudiced against wiz.

Side note: I’d love to see a boost to jade’s again, but highly unlikely.

2 Likes