Vyrs + Echoing Fury

Will Echoing Fury be a damage increase over Furnace in the cube?

No. AS is capped. For farming maybe?

…

1 Like

Firebirds + Chants could use the attack speed. That’s a Cratic or SVR thing though, if it is better than 50% elite damage. It just might be, if Firebirds ever gets buffed.

I think it’s waaay better than Furnace and thank god, hate that thing. Just ran through a 110 in >6 minutes like it was nothing first attempt, cannot do that with Furnace. That also could be the Squirts over CoE effect though but both together just melts stuff. Gotta remember a starting AS advantage is much better for overall speed of the rift, and speed is damage and speed is chants damage, all works together. Getting the ball rolling and keeping at 5 aps (maybe except some RG) is really key.

Now I’m looking at this as well as testing this from a speed perspective, for highest push it may very well still be Furnace + CoE, but playing around with this I really don’t think so, I think EF+Squirts beats it out for everything. If wrong well then that’s cool, more use of diversity and armory tabs so honestly wouldn’t mind, but for speeds especially if you’re still using Furnace and CoE you’re losing out for sure.

Well after further testing, I still beat my PTR high previously with Furnace+CoE of 117. This doesn’t say too much as clearly not much effort was given on either attempts, but suggests that they’re pretty equal in terms of power. You kill trash faster to build up quicker stacks, which might balance out elite killing. If you’re on a solo RG though there’s no question you’ll lose time, suggesting this is more of a group friendly oriented set up than anything.

The Echoing Fury AS increase from having 1.4 AS base, AS on weapon, paragon:

Without Gogok:

• 2.4728 / 1.6478 = ~1.501

or

With Gogok:

• 2.81 / 1.8725 = ~1.501

Adding 5 AS affixes to gear and enchantress:

• 3.66424 / 2.44174 = ~1.501

So, about 50% increase to chantodo’s damage at that amount, assuming you are not hitting 5APS.

At face value, the echoing fury would be the better choice for damage, but you have to keep up this bonus in order to benefit from it, and the duration is very short for an on-kill mechanic (~6s).

Benefit to other mechanics, especially with Vyr’s ramp up is also of consideration. In this situation you will benefit less from the AS damage scaling, but more from having increased archon stack counts more quickly. Whether that’s worth the tradeoff is then the question.

1 Like

It can be good with krimson set and no fazula to accelerate stacks and damage get

Or it can be furnace+PE gem. Depends on goals

How does EF mechanics work? I was capping 5 AS super easy with 1 set of archon stacks. I think i noticed it the most in resets. Having 5APS consistently helps with a fast reset.

I personally found EF quite fun with FO

You wouldnt use it with Vyrs. You might use it with something like Firebirds, because it lacks the IAS Vyrs provides. But as Cratic mentioned, the duration is very short and may be problematic to keep up. Another half-assed item, sadly. it’s ~almost~ useful. If I can get Executioner fixed (changed?) to work with Followers, that would be a huge step to closing the gap solo and group, and Enchantress vs Templar, and gearing discussions.

If it was 15-20% damage, it might be competitive with something like Furnace, even.

Quoting the reply. How it is applied in the formula is most interesting:

Echoing Fury seems to work fairly well in nephalem rifting with Vyrs+Captain’s (dropping Fazula).

1 Like

I have to disagree. I really have a better time on the average rift with it vs Furnace. Easier to get the ball rolling, easier to survive, easier to come back from deaths, this all means a reduction in time. The first chants wave you get from full EF Procs is multiplied by that AS buff, then of course like mentioned you’re at 5 aps already, you’re building more damage than you would with Furnace. Every single time this happens unless you’re bombarded by elites at the door or something. The RG if it’s completely solo (odds are it’s not) is the only situation Furnace shines over it and maybe some Juggernauts.

I will not argue that it’s probably not better for max solo push, but literally everything else besides maybe speed bounty/rifts (Reavers for that) it’s better. I’m not saying omg it’s amazing perfect for Vyr’s or anything like that, we’ve yet to have a good cube slot of Vyr’s Chants, but I tend to see it better than Furnace at least.

This works fine. I’ve used EF with Vyrs + Captains. I also dropped Fazula and EW set, and replaced the EW set with Squirt’s necklace and Halo Karini, while cubing RORG. One drawback is you don’t start with Archon stacks as Fazula was dropped, but the stacks can be recovered while in Archon mode. Still need to test EF vs Furnace, though Furnace might be better in solo high-level GRs when facing RG.

EF+ Squirts + Halo >> Furnace + EW right now mainly because Squirts DR is bugged. In fact I might be giving EF too much praise here as well since it’s going off legacy AS buff as well.

If/when these things get balanced out then it won’t be clearly better than Furnace+EW, but right now it’s definitely clear that it is from the runs I’ve done.

Indeed, the DR on Squirt’s necklace is bugged so wizards receive much less damage than specified in the description. We’ll have to test Squirt’s necklace again once it get fixed (assuming PTR is extended).

Actually, you could try something else. Not so much for pushing but for speeds, you can maybe cube the Reaver (1sec cd off for every killed enemy) and go for full dps stats instead of cdr?!

Actually, you could try something else. Not so much for pushing but for speeds, you can maybe cube the Reaver (1sec cd off for every killed enemy) and go for full dps stats instead of cdr?!

The only Piece i can think of right now where you can get more Dps is the Compass rose where you can Sacrifice CDR for CC/CD/AVG DMg

Maybe the Source with Elite dmg as well but other pieces (Shoulders, Gloves) dosent give you any more dmg Stat you could need

Good luck getting an ancient one with those rolls, haha.

Reforging Compass Roses is an awful experience. You either need an absolutely outrageous amount of luck, or an ungodly amount of time.

I reforged a Compass Rose like 3 times this season, i got a good one non ancient with avg dmg, Int, Crit dmg and 8 CDR

The best stats would be Ancient avg dmg, Int, CDR and Crit Chance for Chantodo Wizard.

i probably will reforge Compass Roses after getting a Better Deathwish my Current one has 2600 dps %dmg int and 23 Area and 323% Affix so for Bazooka i definelty need a better one^^

I reforged over 200 this season before I gave up.

Most of them end up terrible. It’s a pretty depressing experience when you save up for like 50 reforges and get nothing but garbage.