Valla's Bequest Interaction *SOLVED*

Is it just me or is this dude thinking about it incorrectly (this is from the Chinese translation)

1. By varying attack speed and running an easy-to-track generator (Bolas), the ICD is found to be 9 frames (0.15s).

• Because of this ICD, you can end up being horribly de-synchronised. If your attack speed causes Strafe to release projectiles that hit enemies too quickly/slowly, the GoD4 bonus cannot release its generator in time, since it is still cooling down.

• There are two ways to tackle this – (1) reducing your total AS so the projectiles from Strafe are only fired more slowly than this ICD; or (2) by increasing it so Strafe’s breakpoint reaches 6 or 5 FPA. In the latter case, you’ll fire twice every 12 or 10 frames respectively, and so every other shot will proc GoD4’s projectile successfully.

• In theory, being at 5 FPA is 20% better damage than at 6 FPA, since GoD4’s triggered projectiles fire more rapidly in the faster set. However, it’s very difficult to gear for the 5 FPA variant.

• For the 5 FPA version, you need a Crossbow+Quiver combination. The stats required include: 7% weapon IAS, 20% Quiver AS, 2 other pieces of 7%AS, Enchantress on 3%AS aura.

• For the 6 FPA version, either double Crossbow or Crossbow+Quiver combination works. As long as the sheet APS is past 2.1429, it will work

He says you’ll fire twice every 10 frames with the 5 FPA set up…

Thats not what an ICD does hes thinking ok you fire at time X—O—[icd]X <<< thats not twice every 10 frames… thats once every 10 frames… where as if you fire 9 FPA its just X--------[icdX] you just dont have the missed one in between… ?? As in the 9 FPA imagining it actually was able to hit a mob in that frame which it wont would result in 9 FPA = 9 frames per proc and 5 FPA would be 10 frames per proc (no extra) what am I missing here?
^^^^
( - = frame no action, X = frame and proc, O = frame and strafe fire but no proc )

and BTW guys this isnt the only item that has an ICD where you might wanna lower your IAS… this is how Enchanting Sigil works as well

I think he’s talking about how many times Strafe fires in the 10 frames after the internal cooldown is triggered. Not how many primaries shots get fired.

True but why would it even be bothered mentioning how many times strafe is fired if there is no primary fire other than lining it up to the 9 frame breakpoint… unless is it really hard to get that low on DH? is that what Im missing?

Yes that is what you’re missing. Using 2 hand crossbows or 1 hand crossbow and a quiver (which are currently the typical setup) puts you over the 9 frame breakpoint.

Also I think when he says ‘crossbow’ in the translated snippets he really is referring to one hand crossbows. The math he’s talking about wouldn’t make sense with the 2 hand crossbow.

K… Well another thing to take into account would be that we have to continually cast our primary fire for the focus proc + 2 set … Or am I supposed to assume that you can lace in a primary fire without breaking the strafe animation because that sounds unlikely even if it looks clean on the screen… like how does shooting a primary fire affect your strafe bp also… I think maybe some of the reason people ended up going vallas is because lining everything up is practically impossible

Just gonna point you to this topic: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/how-to-efficiently-strafegen-weave-with-god6-video-included/17963

It has a video that shows you an easy way to strafe weave (basically mouse wheels can be pretty useful even if they don’t infinitely scroll).

actually now that Im thinking about it some more travel time is irrelevant if it is consistent what I mean is … Your shot is at a constant rate and if travel time is at a constant rate the icd will only start once the arrow that starts your 4set proc actually hits so youre firing at say 8 fpa if that hits even if it is 1 frame after or 2 frames after the next fire will still happen on 16th frame and icd wouldnt be up

This thread has been added to the DH Sticky under the Archive of Timeless DH knowledge, Strategy, and Mechanics section.

4 Likes