Valla's Bequest Interaction *SOLVED*

Wondering if any of you guys have visit china d3 forum. They had came out with the build and explanation of the build, while you guys are debating about the Valla, lol. Then only came out the same conclusion as theirs after so many day. They even good on every build explanation with chart, picture and video which is very easy to understand and look more interesting. Example of attack speed tier chart, which let you know exactly how many of atk speed require to reach recommend speed tier.

if anyone know reading chinese, they probably know d.163

This is the problem, not just for this issue, but really any scientific effort! The English speaking world often ignores non-English content and often vice versa as well.

While I acknowledge that the Chinese players may have discovered this first, no clear attempt was made showing the effect in a controlled environment. No one linked us any video either until recently, after we did all our tests and made our conclusions.

Next time, if you or anyone knows the answer to a subtle interaction or mechanics puzzle via a non-English source, please share it with us here on the US forums (with translations of course)! It doesn’t help us now (after the fact) to just say “so and so already did this way before on another forum”! We were unaware of the other research endeavors by Chinese players since most of us here can’t read Chinese!

4 Likes

I’m myself is very inactive in the forum, to be exactly just a very casual player.

What I had notices at their forum is other players will also curious about their top rank player’s build and they will usually take one or two days(very efficient) to discover the secret of the build(if their top rank player didn’t explain the build in the forum at first).

Lately they came out with another build of GoD, with Strafe-Demolition rune and cube hellcat waistguard belt, change Bastions of will to Endless Walk playing standing ground type, similar like UE Multi. I tried it and go through 115 with 2k paragon but feel quite comfortable also because need not to spin and spam primary every 4 seconds, I can just stand there and shoot.

This build might not the top build since it’s not hot topic over there but definitely a diversion of the build to try and I don’t see any NA has discover and discuss about it.

There are some China players played NA also, probably they don’t join forum here to share might due to language issue.

For my reason doesn’t share here because I’m a casual player and don’t bother about it. Why I don’t bother about it because if I share, of course I need to translate everything what they’ve write, and it’s hell long like few essays, include many “professional words” that I’m not even understand. So definitely I can’t just say this build does work but without any evidence, data, test to proof it.

I always just simply try their build with what they mentioned about the core build, example >36% CDR with Dawn, >47% AS to achieve 5F, 2.5 Attack per Second, etc. If I tried and feel comfortable, helpful for speed/push GR, I will use it, otherwise just forget about it.

This is one of chart I had translate, actually they have chart for impale, rapid fire separately.
https//imgur.com/kCXiHPF (add : after https)

For top players community in NA, might need seek for friends who know Chinese which help in translation. Of course, all these are optional. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting more attack speed should never give you less shots per second. Big bug.

I’m at 9k paragon and I just copied the builds that were at the top of the leaderboards. I had no idea that there was any special interaction with Valla’s. I do the same thing that will give me the best chance of success in any GR. Good map, good mob, beneficial pylons and I build mob density. I did see that missle dampening affix lets me kill very fast so if i get an elite with that affix I gather up as many elites as I can and kite them to it. They all die in a couple rotations of CoE. It’s as good as a condi pylon. I solo’d 140 so far and I know I can go higher. If you are able to do these things you will be more successful with any class/build.

1 Like

Getting more attack speed should never give you less shots per second. Big bug.

its not really a bug. its a feature.
many skills or abilities in the game has ICD’s. its just like proc rates. they are undocumented part of the game.

another example is stricken. there is ICD and pro rates to consider. some skills may appear to attack slower but they hit the right ICD and/or the right proc rates and thus accumulate stacks much faster than others.

No it is not a feature it is a bug. If there is a limit getting more attack speed should give you same amount of shots not LESS.

And this bug is known that is not going to be fixed due to how the game works with channeling skills. If you have and odd number for IAS at one time you’re not going to be in sync with the frames causing it to not fire or to compensate at another frame with an extra shot. So much so that every single breakpoint for strafe that was tested on vanilla still applies to this day, probably rapid fire as well and many other channeling skills for other classes. The biggest problem here is the rate that strafe is firing primaries. That could be addressed with some changes but it doesn’t prevent that you’re still going to have those times where the frames are not in sync with your attack speed by being like an odd number etc… So yeah it will have to have some sort of compensation or less firing at some point no matter what you do to the code. Unless all values for Attack speed would end up on an even number that would be par with the frames. For that case then yeah you wouldn’t be able to get out of sync with frames.

If the ICD scaled down based on current attack speed, or if attack speed was added in as a multiplier to the damage formula, that would most certainly allow for insane amounts of damage in the right circumstances.

As most ICDs are used as an intentional limiting mechanism, this is probably not a bug.

While I can see the point that attack speed is useless and even harmful in some scenarios, I’m not sure that changing it to benefit from AS is for the betterment of the set at this point.

Itemization would revert to just one, maybe two build variations, rather than the ~6 that we have on the table right now.

Leaving as-is, at least for current season seems to be the better option.

1 Like

Never asked for it.

If you don’t get anything from AS it is ok.
But It should never be working as a debuff.

Your original statement inferred it. As long as an fixed ICD exists, there will always be a desirable breakpoint or breakpoints. While the ideas I touched on don’t solve the problem entirely, they’d make gearing more AS beneficial in some way, in the least.

How would you go about fixing the supposed ‘bug’?

what? No it did not.

That is my original post.

Already told you. Lets try like this: getting bigger “attacks per second” stat in game should never give you less attacks per second.

How to do it exactly? Give me source code and I tell you.

Is it just me or is this dude thinking about it incorrectly (this is from the Chinese translation)

1. By varying attack speed and running an easy-to-track generator (Bolas), the ICD is found to be 9 frames (0.15s).

• Because of this ICD, you can end up being horribly de-synchronised. If your attack speed causes Strafe to release projectiles that hit enemies too quickly/slowly, the GoD4 bonus cannot release its generator in time, since it is still cooling down.

• There are two ways to tackle this – (1) reducing your total AS so the projectiles from Strafe are only fired more slowly than this ICD; or (2) by increasing it so Strafe’s breakpoint reaches 6 or 5 FPA. In the latter case, you’ll fire twice every 12 or 10 frames respectively, and so every other shot will proc GoD4’s projectile successfully.

• In theory, being at 5 FPA is 20% better damage than at 6 FPA, since GoD4’s triggered projectiles fire more rapidly in the faster set. However, it’s very difficult to gear for the 5 FPA variant.

• For the 5 FPA version, you need a Crossbow+Quiver combination. The stats required include: 7% weapon IAS, 20% Quiver AS, 2 other pieces of 7%AS, Enchantress on 3%AS aura.

• For the 6 FPA version, either double Crossbow or Crossbow+Quiver combination works. As long as the sheet APS is past 2.1429, it will work

He says you’ll fire twice every 10 frames with the 5 FPA set up…

Thats not what an ICD does hes thinking ok you fire at time X—O—[icd]X <<< thats not twice every 10 frames… thats once every 10 frames… where as if you fire 9 FPA its just X--------[icdX] you just dont have the missed one in between… ?? As in the 9 FPA imagining it actually was able to hit a mob in that frame which it wont would result in 9 FPA = 9 frames per proc and 5 FPA would be 10 frames per proc (no extra) what am I missing here?
^^^^
( - = frame no action, X = frame and proc, O = frame and strafe fire but no proc )

and BTW guys this isnt the only item that has an ICD where you might wanna lower your IAS… this is how Enchanting Sigil works as well

I think he’s talking about how many times Strafe fires in the 10 frames after the internal cooldown is triggered. Not how many primaries shots get fired.

True but why would it even be bothered mentioning how many times strafe is fired if there is no primary fire other than lining it up to the 9 frame breakpoint… unless is it really hard to get that low on DH? is that what Im missing?

Yes that is what you’re missing. Using 2 hand crossbows or 1 hand crossbow and a quiver (which are currently the typical setup) puts you over the 9 frame breakpoint.

Also I think when he says ‘crossbow’ in the translated snippets he really is referring to one hand crossbows. The math he’s talking about wouldn’t make sense with the 2 hand crossbow.

K… Well another thing to take into account would be that we have to continually cast our primary fire for the focus proc + 2 set … Or am I supposed to assume that you can lace in a primary fire without breaking the strafe animation because that sounds unlikely even if it looks clean on the screen… like how does shooting a primary fire affect your strafe bp also… I think maybe some of the reason people ended up going vallas is because lining everything up is practically impossible

Just gonna point you to this topic: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/how-to-efficiently-strafegen-weave-with-god6-video-included/17963

It has a video that shows you an easy way to strafe weave (basically mouse wheels can be pretty useful even if they don’t infinitely scroll).

actually now that Im thinking about it some more travel time is irrelevant if it is consistent what I mean is … Your shot is at a constant rate and if travel time is at a constant rate the icd will only start once the arrow that starts your 4set proc actually hits so youre firing at say 8 fpa if that hits even if it is 1 frame after or 2 frames after the next fire will still happen on 16th frame and icd wouldnt be up

This thread has been added to the DH Sticky under the Archive of Timeless DH knowledge, Strategy, and Mechanics section.

4 Likes