Uber diablo event will never happen

Most casters don’t use SoJs.

Hammerdin may use 1, ES PvP sorc will use 2, but honestly I prefer even a decent 10fcr, wisp, raven, or many other rings on most chars.

SoJs usually just sit in my stash the few dozen times I’ve found them.

2 Likes

I’m going to hoard every soj I come across and never contribute to Uber Diablo appearing by selling them

The thing is though, D2 always seems to have a disproportionate amount of sorcs and hammerdins…

Sorry but your statement is nonsense, big communities will be able to spawn him.

1 Like

And then patched and rolled back in no time.

VV could look into selling any unique ring increasing Uber chance.

Ive participated in legit private walks with just 2 keysets. It is just a matter of costs. When an anni is worth more than 5-8 soj it will be profitable to participate into a private walk like the one you say, even if you have just one keyset.

About the need of having just one anni per account, that already happened in OG, as you say, multiboxing is common in OG, all you have to do is create a game and join it with both chars and trade/drop it there. Almost the same time investment than joining a game to move the anni to shared stash and creating a new one to grab it form it with the objective char. You will ahve more than one anni, unless it is too expensive, the same behaviour that you would have if annies were worthy in OG, you would have one anni in ladder instead of having 20 like now.

2 Likes

Fishy love Sojs :slight_smile: :slight_smile: .

The idea of not having SOJs is making me feel anxious and small

Anni’s value would be significantly higher than sojs, so people will be selling, as they always have. But as a solo player selling 120 sojs are both unrealistic and uneconomical, but if people come together to spawn him, as we always have, it is worth selling a few sojs to get the much more valuable Anni.

Well, then you should never be able to spawn uber diablo, only trade for the charm.

I hate to agree with Tsuko, but an SOJ is worth more to me than an Annihilus charm.

It’s 75-100 SOJ’s per the server… He’ll spawn, probably quite often. SOJ’s are nice, but they aren’t usually best in slot.

2 Likes

I like the idea of it being random. Something like every 500 SoJs identified spawns Dclone. That would make it still very rare and mostly only rich players will have them, but it will be possible for the average joe to get lucky as well.

Hopefully dupes won’t happen again. If they do it would be more likely annis will be getting duped than the SoJs.

The thing is: who in his sane mind will sell a SoJ to merchants?

I will lol… I only need a few for builds, and a few for socketing in Classic, but nonladder will have tons of SoJs not being used after the ladder season.

People who only play ladder will gladly sell sojs to merchants.

That makes absolutely no sense, but okay. Each to their own i guess. Still doesn’t mean anni’s should be free.

2 Likes

No, problem is people dupped sojs and highrunes, at least in the old days.
The reason is sojs they can sell to vendor for clone, so they avoid being patched, etc. Same with highrunes, they dupped and convert to next in cube, so new one created is leggit and they dont risk losing their dupped anni or highrune…

I hope with new battlenet Blizzard can detect sooner and also ban more. Fortunately there are not free accounts anymore, so bans now are at least better than before in that regard. For some people being banned and buying another acc doesnt matter, but Im pretty sure that will stop more pindlebots, enchant bots, baalbots, tppks, maphacks and many other things like dupping etc.

I hope we can at least have a month or couple of months free of cheats.

that’s unlikely but i think we can expect a reduced number of cheats for a little while at least.

1 Like

I know exactly what happened, I was there back in the day.

I’m saying if dupes happen again it will be runes and Anni getting duped, not SoJs.

Edit:

Same with highrunes, they dupped and convert to next in cube, so new one created is leggit and they dont risk losing their dupped anni or highrune…

Oh I see what you mean now. Still I think anni and high runes will be getting duped more. Even if they get poofed it won’t matter to them because they would already have sold the duped items, and Anni would likely be worth more than soj.