Uber diablo event will never happen

This. I just hope that players have to sell at least 1 soj to summon a dclone. It would be unfair if everyone profited from others selling soj.

This is what I mean, something will change, as I really donā€™t think cheaters and dupers are going to have a good time of it on D2R, so the numbers of SoJā€™s available should be drastically less.

Looks like another one of these" I want to bot and sell annis" post.

Personally, Iā€™m betting on him not spawning under the current system as well.

Nobody is going to sell there SoJ without a reasonable expectation of a spawn. As it is now, it takes a lot of people working together to gather the SoJā€™s ahead of time to sell them all at once.

Now, if itā€™s region based, then those can still happen. But if itā€™s IP based, then you wonā€™t be able to get all those people together on the same server to organize the spawn.

1 Like

This is correctā€¦ as long as they have significant value. What happens when everyone who wants a SoJ for actual use has one?

Yeah thatā€™s the only part that worries me. ā€œSelling all at onceā€. No one truly knows what it will be like until patch notes become available. Letā€™s hope for the best :slight_smile:

The way I see it, when D clone was created, the dev team decided to use the most common item in the game. Duped Sojs. Those rings at the time had no great value. The idea was to use something that was so cheap so common, so insignificant to use to spawn Dclone. If that was the idea back then, why not apply it to the current game D2R by using something that is not so valuable and everyone has access to?

Hi Nickie, long time no see. :grinning:

1 Like

Hey Shawmeck :slightly_smiling_face:, lol yeah Iā€™m just waiting for the game to release now. I donā€™t really want to get into the purist vs changist topic anymore because itā€™s impossible to know Blizzards true motives at the end of the day. So far its been looking like 50/50 and it could go either way depending on how the game sells in my opinion.

1 Like

I just had a funny image of you right then when I read that lol September 23rd SEPTEMBER 23RD!!!

1 Like

hahaha exactly :rofl: these forums are going to be fun in these next 6-7 days, weā€™re gonna need them to help pass the time.

1 Like

Who would sell it though?

No one, as long as SoJ has real value. Once the economy is saturated with SoJs, then it will be possible to spawn Uber Diablo. But that might take a while (a couple of months). Itā€™ll get easier to spawn after that.

itā€™s better sell the Soj by trading and then buy the anni from another guy than sell sojs with the hope to get diablo clonā€¦

Soj itā€™s too expensive to sell to vendor and donā€™t get diablo clon if you sell it.

My sugerence itā€™s make it individual summoning via cube recipe.

1 or 2 soj + hero standard + one special item that only drop diablo in act 4.

using that cube recipe you get a portal that teleport you where is diablo clon and have for example 50% chances to drop the anihilus and 50% chance to drop another unique SC made for MF runs with like ( +50-100 mf , 10-20 all , 10-20 all stats, -0% to -50% exp gained), similar to annihilus but instead of +1 skill it get MF and less exp gained. (obviously you can only use one unique SC at the same time)

You know nothing. 2017 ladder was a legit ladder and there were a lot of walks, all private and legit walks. And that happened with a playerbase that is like 5% of what d2r playerbase will be.

There will be tons of walks with this same spawn mechanic.

1 Like

Everyone is ignoring multiboxing here. The way these spawn groups always used to form is 1) Commit to selling 5-8 sojs 2) Pick a server to pop 3) Park 20-40 characters created with $5 cd keys on that server 4) Get a 5+:1 return of annis to sojs.

As it stands, multiboxing will be much harder and far fewer people are going to be running 10+ accounts in a game at $40 a pop. Itā€™s not going to be nearly worth the investment.

Next letā€™s consider the shared stash. If you wanted to move your anni from one character to another, you used to have to perm a game, drop the charm, pray that bnet doesnā€™t crash, and log in to that game to pick it up. With shared stash you can move your anni in less than a minute, so there will be less need for multiple annis per account. So the effective soj cost increase per charm and the reduced demand are going to make it a dramatically less common event than it was meant to be.

As it stands having more than 1 anni is pretty useless due to shared stash. This said itā€™s fine to be pretty hard to get one.

I donā€™t know about that - you will also have millions of players wanting SoJ.
On Non Ladder sure it will, Ladder however I am not sure about it. I guess we will have to see.

lol, not enough sojs? are you madā€¦ gon be e z.

If there is significant demand for SoJs for wearing by casters everywhere, then there will be no SoJs sold to vendor. No one is going to sell something worth quite a bit in the trading market.

personality i donā€™t find soj to actually be THAT good compared to other rings, generally do not wear it in any of my builds.

1 Like