Uber diablo event will never happen

Theres no way the event will trigger in the next 69 YEARS,
if you dont change the System to Spawn Uber Diablo.
Ive been Playing this game for 15 Years, trust me i know what im talking about.
The only reason ladders have Annis, is becuz of BOTS.

17 Likes

Don’t worry, V.V. have a lot on their plate right now. If they see that players are not selling enough SOJ’s, they will do the right thing and make the necessary changes. They know their history. Uber D was in response to duped SOJS. I just hope they make a positive change for the first day one patch :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im OK with having 1 anni once in a lifetime.
Annihilus or great runewords should be designed that way, that only rich people have it. In fact, owning those items once in a lifetime would make them better, like a dream come true.

The actual diablo, in which you have plenty of runewords and annis after 1 month is not good for the game imho.

Anyway, just dreaming, I’m pretty sure HRs and sojs will be dupped sadly. Like in no time.

11 Likes

Oh it will happen.

Hundreds of sojs is nothing when you have millions of bosses dropping per day. It’ll be just fine in that regard.

The only question I have is how many games will dclone spawn in when that last SoJ is sold.

Will there be too many Annis? That’s what I worry about.

7 Likes

If Anni becomes too rare, then either SoJ drop rates will increase or number of SoJs needed to be sold to spawn DClone will be decreased. I tend to believe that fewer SoJ will need to be sold.

1 Like

We don’t yet know the full mechanics of the Uber Diablo event. All we know is that it’s still a community driven event, the same number of SoJ sales are needed to trigger the event as the original game, and that the number of SoJ’s needed to trigger the event could be changed. Anything beyond that is conjecture.

We don’t know if it’s server IP based (like the original), or region based or worldwide. I’m betting on either region or worldwide.

There could be additional mechanics involved… Here’s a couple of examples:

They could just make DClone have a %age chance of dropping the Annihilus.

Here’s idea I thought of to spawn Dclone:
Theoretical DClone spawn chance system:

Base chance of DClone popping in your game when the global even triggers: 0.5%
That’s one in every 200 events. Or a single DClone spawn per account every 15,000 to 24,000 (19,500 average) global SoJ sales.

If you sell SoJ’s, you not only contribute to the next event, but you also boost your chances:
If you sell 1 SoJ, the base chance is doubled.
If you sell 2 SoJ, the base chance is quadrupled.
If you sell 3 SoJ, the base chance is octupled.
etc.
Selling 8 SoJ’s would guarantee you DClone to spawn. (128%)

You ride the percentage chance until DClone shows up in your game. Once DClone pops for you whether it’s the next event, or 5 events from now, the chance is reset back to 0.5%. Not being online or not being in a Hell game during an event doesn’t negate your chance, you’ll just have to wait until the next event happens.

It’s just an idea to demonstrate the mechanics, the base chance could be raised or lowered, the chance multiplication per SoJ sold could be increased or decreased, the chance per SoJ could be additive, etc… However I think selling 10 SoJ’s should be the maximum limit on how many guarantee a single account a 100% chance for DClone to spawn

Bringing the base chance down to 0.2% with every SoJ doubling the base chance would require 9 SoJ’s for a 100% (102.4%) chance of a DClone spawn.
The base chance being one in every 500 events. Or a single DClone spawn per account every 37,500 to 60,000 (48,750 average) global SoJ sales.

2 Likes

and this, ladies and gentlemen, is why the “veteran” argument holds no baring - because incredulous folks that do no research constantly make these wild assumptions with no basis.

4 Likes

The supply of soj is sufficient. Think about the number of D2 players.

6 Likes

The only reason SoJ’s were designed to be sold to spawn dclone was because of duping. They needed to find a SoJ sink

2 Likes

Doesn’t this whole thread already exist? I swear this is deja vu.

2 Likes

I dunno. We can just organise it on the forum. I think it’s server wide right? So you can make your private game and everyone sells SoJs at the same time.

If they make it a server wide spawning, the future of DClone and Annis are going to be lack luster and we might as well delete the whole event from the game and hand out Annis for a Hell Diablo kill.

If Blizzards taking notes, they would put such an event in Diablo 4 (dupes or no dupes).

Having the D2/streamer community organize these events is going to keep the game exciting for the entire community for years to come.

2 Likes

This isn’t quite right. I agree that it will take a while for the first Uber Diablo to spawn, but afterwards it will happen fairly regularly.

Really what it comes down to is how long will it take until the D2R economy is saturated with SoJs. When the supply of them exceeds the demand and their value starts to go down significantly, people will start selling them to the vendors to try and get Annis. The problem is this might take a while, as they are a fairly rare drop and there will be significant demand for SoJ from a lot of sorcs/casters.

Do you mean Dclone? The system will be changed in some way, this has been said but no confirmation as to what exactly that would entail. The Ubers will be able to be spawned in the same way as before.

1 Like

can someone please tell boutus that dclone is uber diablo

he has me on ignore or i would.

Obviously he does Uber Tristam refers to its Diablo as “Pandemonium Diablo”

You are right and this could be a good alternative

no that alternative would be terrible, spawning Uber Diablo from gems would make him spawn practically all the time lol. It’s not hard to get PGems. They are more common than SoJs when they were duped lol.

pgem drop rate can be adjusted

that would be bad as PGems are used in Horadric Cube formulas. Also, Perfect Gems don’t drop so much as get cubed from flawless gems.