Two Feats of Strength achievements are now unobtainable

Need to be confirmed that achievements “Smash! Jay, Smash!” and “Mosquito Swatter” can no longer be obtained.

Wilson. In the current season searching puddles of Reflection, I every and again checked the “Cemetery of the Forsaken” location. For more than 1k visits the “Development Hell” crypt did not spawn there.
As about Mosqueira. I did about 2k rift runs and no one of them proc with rift guard Josh Mosqueira.

In addition, I began to check a spawn of the dungeon “Quality Well” over and over again. There is no achievement for this, but there, too, monsters have names of the Company employees. And for 700+ times the well did not appear.

I understand that there is randomness in the game, but earlier these locations were much more common, but now they are not at all. It seems to me that developers removed them from the game and the corresponding achievements can no longer be obtained.
Have you seen these locations recently? Need to be confirmed.

2 Likes

Mosquito Swatter still exists. Or did 3 seasons ago when I nabbed it on accident.

I also have this achievement, I got it back in 2015. I’m interested in something else - whether someone has met these locations lately. Let’s say the last few months.

Hi,

The last time I found Development Hell and wrote on forums about it was on 13 July 2021 (Season 23, Adventure, HC, T16). A player wanted confirmation that the 2 Quinquennial Swords transmogs were still available.

Best of luck in your games !

8 Likes

I’m curious because in recent months players have been asking me where I got these achievements from. So I started checking for these locations. And with a lot of checks, they never spawned.

2 Likes

I can confirm the well dungeon is still active. Found it leveling my monk this season.

I imagine the spawn rates for these zones are a similar RNG probability to finding the Wings or Portrait spawn in Whimsy-areas. I myself have only seen Mosqueira twice throughout all my play time.

9 Likes

It"s a rare spawn for sure… spent the last hour or so on Europe to try and see if I would get it. 70 runs… nothing. :frowning:

Thankfully, it’s a small map and one does not need to check the entire map… it’s a fail as soon as you find a crypt without door.

Oh well…

These are rare spawns. But they do still show up. Have I seen them lately? No. But I haven’t been looking for them either.

Its like the rainbow vial for crafting the staff. You have people that haven’t seen it in several seasons, but its still there. So just because you haven’t seen it, doesn’t mean its been removed.

When I first farmed for the crypt for Smash Jay Smash, it took a few days of searching before it spawned. I have seen it several times since just as a happenstance while doing bounties or something. The most recent was probably a year ago or more.

I have no doubt in my mind that those two are still doable. But that’s me.

Game on.

1 Like

Rare things happening rarely is not an indication of them no longer existing.

5 Likes

Oh my friend, I’ve played this game for over 16k hours. I got all the achievements and I know everything about randomness. And I remember very well that the “Development Hell” crypt could be found in a few days. But now I checked for its presence for several months, more than 1k times. No success.
As well I remember very well that a nephalem rift with the guard named “Mosqueira” was not frequent, but not rare either. And now this rift is gone all season, he has never been caught for 2k times.
This leads me to believe that this is not a random factor but an unspoken change in the game. Perhaps this is due to internal reshuffles in the Company, but I do not dare to guess.

3 Likes

I do wonder if Blizzard’s decision to remove names of real life employees will at some point change things about this achievement.

1 Like

Boubou posted a screenshot of it which he took eight months ago, i.e. the last time this subject came up.

I saw, I know that it was a year or six months ago. I then met this crypt many times (at 24 season). But I’m talking about the last months after patch 2.7.2.

Oh damn, I did that 4 years ago.

https://i.ibb.co/MG61dzr/Screenshot000.jpg

I created over 100 games over a 2 hour time period before Development Hell spawned. During that time, I had 3 Bandit Shrines spawn in the Cemetery. When I found it, I called out to both the Achievement Hunters community and Cosmetics Farming community. (Nobody took me up on my offer though.) In Development Hell, I killed both bosses and got both sword transmogs. For someone that still wants the Feat of Strength, it is still obtainable and has not been removed from the game.

So, confirmed it is still there and that you just gave up too soon.

5 Likes

How long ago was that?

I’m not talking about myself. I have all these achievements for a long time. But at this 25 season I spent more than a thousand visits to this location because players say that they have stopped meeting this event.
By the way, there are also reports that unique monsters with names like “Nevalistis” etc. have disappeared as well.

Well, I can squash that right on the head because I’ve definitely killed an elite with that name within the last couple of days. Also seen Quin (Quin69) and Mirasol (MissCheetah) that I recall. These are not removed.

Once again, not finding rare stuff does not mean the rare stuff has been removed.

3 Likes

And that’s why I questioned if removal of real life developer names if apply to Diablo 3 as well back then when McCree thing happened in Overwatch… Is it still there or is this an April fool’s joke?

2 Likes

Yes, I read that https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/08/26/blizzard-overwatch-mccree-rename/

Today, about an hour ago.

3 Likes