Development Hell Gone?

I spent one month and over 1k trys to find development hell this season but failed. Does it still exist in game? I really want to get the achievement “Smash! Jay, Smash!”. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

Unless Blizzard comes out of hiding and confirms whether or not Development Hell still exists (and/or whether Josh Mosqueira is still available as a Rift Guardian), it’s not possible to give a definitive answer.

There was a topic on this subject matter here; one player said he found it at the end of last Season (on 2 Apr 2022) but did not provide other proof.

I also have been looking for it and, like you, have yet to find it this season. But that does not constitute conclusive evidence.

3 Likes

I was also wondering if Josh Mosqueria had somehow been removed from the game because I have not seen him once this season.

I do not know about Development hell, since I have not been doing many goblins runs this season.

1 Like

Thanks. It seems that Blizzard don’t want to answer this question haha. I will still keep an eye on development hell everytime I enter a game but won’t keep restarting game for searching. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Has anyone seen Development Hell anytime soon, this year or Season 27? I really want to get achievement “Smash! Jay, Smash!”, which can only be obtained in location Development Hell. I’ve been trying to spawn this location for several days now. While I was doing this, I already managed to collect all the ingredients, including the most rare Gibbering Gemstone, and craft the Staff of Herding to get to Whimsyshire.
In the end, after a few days, I still have not found Development Hell, and this location is definitely not so rare. Many people say, that devs decided to cut all mentions of the developers content from all their games due to internal problems at Blizzard, which began in the summer of 2021.

Please, Dear developers!, let us know if you actually cut location Development Hell from Diablo 3, and if you really cut Development Hell from this game, then let the players, who don’t have achievement “Smash! Jay, Smash!” , chance to get this achievement, maybe even some other way!

1 Like

While I haven’t been checking whether the Development Hell spawns, I have to note that I haven’t seen Josh Mosqueira rift guardian in ages. I’d say that’s a major indicator of it likely being removed.

Blizzard has been removing ingame references to real people from other games so the Development Hell may actually been removed. Which would be unfortunate.

At least the Quinquennial Sword transmogs are available through the Holiday Gifts.

1 Like

I saw yesterday, that one player had the “Mosquito Swatter” achievement in his achievement statistics, which was obtained on 06/15/2021. So in 2021, this achievement could be obtained.

Yes… it was also available on 13 July 2021… see my screenshot here:

2 Likes

It was in August last year when Blizzard started to remove direct references to real people in games like McCree in Overwatch. So I’d that would roughly be the time the Development Hell was also axed, if it happened.

If you find people with feats of strength relating to the Development Hell dated after August last year, I could be proven wrong.

2 Likes

User “jacuff” from the discussion above claims to have found Development Hell himself in April of this year after doing over 100 runs in a few hours. He claimed that this location was still in the game in April of this year. I don’t know if this is true or not. I understand that Development Hell was most likely removed, but the achievement “Smash, Jay, Smash” became impossible to complete due to the location being unavailable. It would be great, if developers would change the way it is obtained and make it available again. It getting sad, when developers just cut memorable content from the game