TurboHud, Bannable or Not?

i hate competition
i hate cheaters even more

Another wise man also said, “If youre not cheating, you arent trying hard enough.”.

So you going to like having alot less people to play diablo 3 with haha okay

THUD is the reason they still have a player base watch it dry up when THUD is gone.

2 Likes

Please provide evidence for this ridiculous claim.

5 Likes

Can you provide evidence that player base does not dry up by your claim?? Not even blizzard have those data. From in game activities, majority of player base thats active uses it.

Its plain simple, demand and supply rules. The game base UI does not meet gaming standards in 2019, therefore demand for thud has reached historic high. W/o thud, D3 does not provide any element of enjoyment compare to its competitors.

Biggest argument for against the usage is eula/tos. Frankly speaking, those terms supports an outdated design philosophy that no longer fits in the gaming market today. D3 is continuing updating, its another story if its not. Since new patches are rolled out periodically, so can UI been updated to fit in market demands. If its not feasible, simply allow thud usage by adding it as exclusion item to tos. In another words, EULA / ToS is outdated.

Remember its 2019/2020, not 2002 blizzard no longer dominates market and how players play. Players dominates the market now.

Careful with those blue posts Matt, D4 sales figures can be tied to it.

2 Likes

I’m sure Blizzard knows exactly what percebtage of the user base they are risking with a permbanet ban.

I’m sure they will factor that in their decision if it’s going to be something that they feel the game can tolerate or not.

I think the base overall isn’t that big but I think it is a high percentage of the end game high tier player base. The elite groups / clans have you.

Decimating this player base can be very negative to the game as well as much as a total relative percent loss.

1 Like

It’s not my responsibility to disprove his claim, it’s his to prove it.

And you simply seem to try find any excuse to use cheat software. Being against ToS isn’t the biggest reason against using it although it alone is big enough to warrant bans. THUD is a maphack and a cheat tool. It has very few features which do not fall in the cheat category. Using THUD gives a player a clear advantage over those not using it.

Having outdated UI in D3 does not authorize anyone to use cheats.

1 Like

These are truly golden words. I completely agree.

If they can detect THUD and are planning to ban users, they certainly know what percent of the playerbase uses this cheat. if they can not detect it, then they can not do a mass banwave for said users.

2 Likes

They can detect it. The creator even points that out.

Whether or not they decide to do a full on permanent ban wave is altogether a different issue.

1 Like

And I will say something else. If Blizzard makes a statement tomorrow saying that it is allowed to use Turbohud without the players fearing for their accounts, the number of D3 players will increase. It will be as if they had released an updated version of the game saving a lot of money on programmers, we would have a kind of diablo 3.5.
What is the problem ? show the map? hiding the map makes sense in campaign mode where an incentive is exploration. In the GR, importance should be given to strategy and planning, and there when more data we have to value better.
From what I have seen, there are two currents of opinion within the blizzard offices, and now one of them has raised his voice, although it seems somewhat late.

2 Likes

I don’t believe you. You’ve been under delivering features for years and not listening to feedback.

I’ll believe it when I see it done.

2 Likes

don’t disappoint good kids please

So far no action i suspect there NOT doing anything during this Season .Wave goodbye to a huge playerbase if Thud gets Banned and the UI isnt update to address its obviously flaws though as those who are ban most likely wont rebuy unless UI is address and actually encorporates the whole reason they Thud in the first place

1 Like

From what I see the only players who are complaining about getting banned for using THUD are the cheaters and botters who use it.

Anyone claiming “Wave goodbye to a huge playerbase if Thud gets Banned” is very misguided in their assumption of D3 cheater/botter population and greatly underestimates the population of players who simply play the game without resorting cheating.

3 Likes

I state this as its already hard enough to find a decent group of players for High Level GR play, you think Banning Huge amount of the populous will solve that… LOL unlikely.
I would rather then THUD Blocked and Botters BAN. I agree THUD is cheating but its less impactful to leaderboards then the rubbish botters who are pushing Top 10s

As stated by the blue post here

The issue is not soley with THUD but the fact that a lot (if not all) botters are using it.

Hence the statement

If the devs implement the non-cheating features of THUD I’m thrilled, as would be the majority of its users, but in its current state and given the above I do not support or condone the use of third-party software in D3, regardless of how

1 Like

John said that no one has ever been banned for using THUD. Blizzard knows full well about the add-on, about the man who created it, and about the website that serves it. He (John) said that if he ever receives a C&D letter, he will pull THUD, stop development, and with the next patch that Blizzard applies to the game, THUD is gone forever.

A pretty simple fix on Blizzard’s part; they could have an intern write the letter. And patching the game, even the latest patch applied here, will render all present copies of THUD inert.

Now, Blizzard says, under Section 1, §Cvi, of the Blizzard End User License Agreement that,
“Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third-party user interfaces.”1

It doesn’t say that Blizzard has to notify anyone that such allowances have been made, and it’s probably a good bet that such an allowance has been made when a particular add-on is widely used, widely publicized, and easily eliminated, but yet has not been.

So one could consider the inaction to be implicit consent.

1Blizzard End User License Agreement - Legal – Blizzard Entertainment

2 Likes

Almost everyone that bots uses thud (this is probably a valid statement).

However, everyone who uses thud also bots -> well I think this is false and while no one knows the ratio, I think it’s sizeable, maybe 3 to 4 times of the people who use thud then those who use thud AND bot.

I’m sincerely confused, if the definition of a bot is fully automated non-human game play, why would a bot care or have anything to do with what the heads up display looks like?

I like that THUD gives me a display that I can customize to my liking, but isn’t the bot getting its information direct from memory and/or indifferent to cosmetic concerns?