TurboHud, Bannable or Not?

There is nothing unclear about their stance. THUD violates their rules. It is bannable. The only question is if/when a ban will happen.

2 Likes

The reason they donā€™t comment on specific products is they donā€™t want you to have a defense, they keep to the principal of what they are banning. If for instance they said THUD is bannable, then you use a THUD clone and get banned you could state ā€œhang on you said THUD is bannable, you didnā€™t say the THUD clone is bannableā€.

This is like you wanting the government to create a law to state what you can and can not steal, rather than the government saying you canā€™t steal and if they are not specific then it is fine.

2 Likes

When is the ā€œvery near futureā€ you mentioned in your opening reply?

basically, since you donā€™t record yourself playing and using thud and donā€™t send that video to blizzard as evidence to frame you, nothing will happen, just keep low profile and dont put urself in the ladderboards too high, anyways im not playing this game anymore since lag, bugs, glitches and many issues that lately have made this game unplayable, so there is no more fun for me with d3, even using that kind of crap (thud), better go play destiny 2 is free and is a lot more funnier

These words means nothing to me.

Thud has been around for years, and all Iā€™ve seen is complaint threads been locked or taken down by your team, nothing more nothing less. And meanwhile the thud users grow rapidly.

So when you say this, I want you to define near future, cause until then I choose to simply discard your words.

A blog post on D3 is coming this year. Thatā€™s near future for me.

1 Like

Being so many are replying to [the other thread that was just closed on this subject] thread, and sorry for the slight derailing but does turbohud allow, say, a wizard character see their Shield amount w/o having to hover over the Heath globe? That is desperately needed in the default UI.

As someone pointedā€¦ Diablo 3 is unfunny to a lot of players when missing THud.
ANDā€¦ since the release of Diablo 3 I was asking to add some features that THud has (like CD numbers on skills, and numbers in front of globe of health/resource)

While i dont advocate used any third party app and dont use any myself.
BAN THUD , say GG goodbye to like 2/3 of the playerbase unless they fix the UI to do what THUD does like
Show other players COE / Buffs
Show Cooldown Timers
Show XP Per Hour
Show on the Map DB locations easier or have a PET that Auto Picks them Up
There could be more i dont know but these are some key things i know players like from the Tool

Then I will play with the 1/3 that is left.

8 Likes

Good luck getting groups then, the features that THUD has outside that hideous map hack need to come into D3. Sure cant be that hard to just code them in or just buy THUD and implement it themselves or sell it as a DLC.
Something needs to be done . The current UI doesnt show enough information surrounding Group Play Buffs that point cant be argue

First of all I did not ask you, but since you want to jump into the conversation with even more useless words, sureā€¦

So what exactly are we supposed to do with a blog post?
For me this blog post will be just as useless as this thread, as every other thread regarding this subject that eventually gets locked, taken down or simply forgotten in time.

If you did not understand my first post, i will clarify it for you.

Diablo 3 community doesnā€™t need useless words or blog posts about what might happens to cheaters in 2019/2020. Diablo 3 community needed actions taken years ago.

I can no longer only blame the cheaters. I also blame Blizzard because of their passivity regarding this subject, which have led the cheaters community to grow stronger.

I will answer you anyway, because you seem like a cool guy.

You get official info about what you ask.

1 Like

good oneā€¦ If they did add the features and then charged players for it (LOL) they would lose that that 3rd of players, that base would become a 5th.

people complaining about turbohud lul.

You like running into dead ends of the maps over and over again, interrupting a fluid game hm? Or, finding elites/yellows in a clump of 100 mobs. You simply never know if you really have everything pulled together properly without thud.

Its a cheat per definition of the blizzard rules.

But what its (mostly) doing is actually upgrading the game experience in a way that SHOULD be standart. How bad is a GUI that doenst show you your CoE cycle sometimes because its thinking its better to show all monk auras instead. With not even a way of displaying the CoE cycle of your partners which is partially really needed in groups as a supportā€¦

If the mapdesign and the whole standart gui wasnt that crappy, noone would need Thud.

5 Likes

Back in vanilla D3 days, there were similar arguments about an add-on called Loot Alert, which played a sound (and maybe pinged the map?) when a legendary dropped. Functionality which, at the time, was not in the game. Obviously its use was breaching the EULA. However, Blizzard obviously thought what it was doing was a good idea because these days when legendaries drop we get a sound and a mini-map icon. So, if there are parts of TurboHUD that Blizzard think are good ideas, incorporate them into the actual game and then subsequently ban anyone that continues to use TurboHUD because their continued use would indicate that theyā€™re using it for the parts Blizzard donā€™t want you to have access to.

2 Likes

ā€œBan them allā€ - its very easy, lazy and cheap solution for blizz. " we listen comunity" haha. Why will not make some vissible mark an elite, team player in mob pack? buff list coe all teamplayers, vissible elite in minimap when you find and ping them? - because its not easy solution for them. Many users thud no need much plugins, no need vissible map and other " cheat", and if they implemet some ā€œcool featuresā€ , users will play without addon. Thats all. Sorry for my english

Obviously I am old school and probably be classed as ancient for some people. I am only 53 though and played Diablo Vanilla in 1996 when it was released.

Why canā€™t people play games as they were made.

IMO I think itā€™s just a generation thing. I have grandchildren now, but my children and their children, well the first thing they do when they buy a new game is search for cheats and hacks. Why? If you donā€™t like the game as it is go play PoE or something.

But Blizzard, you really do need to make your patches a little bit more interesting instead of rehashing the same portraits, pets, etc.

Letā€™s see if D4 is released on time though.

2 Likes

Oh you mean kind of like the same official information we get here on forum?
But waitā€¦ we get none!

So bring forth this D3 blog with no information please, Iā€™m sure it will get the cheaters scared to the bones! :roll_eyes:

And Iā€™m done with this conversation.

Give them some credit and read the blog post at least when it comes out - they showed theyā€™ve changed.