Toxic D2 Purists

Ehh, I think people are just anxious right now. No juicy media info since that last pcn article.

I think that there will be another flurry of Blizzard activity pre- and post multiplayer testing.

We discuss a game we are passionate about. Alot of different aspects of the game. One topic leads over to another, so it’s difficult to jump threads everytime we stumple into some other subject.

I think we are all chomping at the bit and hoping we all get beta keys.

I am very anxious. I have never bothered with forum discussions before in my life, but i am so passionate about this particular game that i want to make sure there are people on this forum that wants to protect its core values and not change it.

People debate what IS and WAS the core.
It’s about what they enjoyed more overall.

Same here, first time I have actively engaged on any forum.

Ironically, I was only moderately interested in getting a single player alpha key. I definitely refreshed the game a few times to see if I got a key, but was not too disappointed when I didn’t. As a D2 veteran, I know how the game plays and it was 3 classes and only 2 acts, so it was just a small snapshot of the game.

What I’m particularly interested in right now in terms of the multiplayer testing, is the console testing and feedback. It may make or break “Planned cross progression” as a feature. Not that I plan on playing on console, but depending on that test, devs may have to make some design choices if they have not already for the future.

Plus of course, the matter of the mixed signals between media news and official surveys.

I was refreshing for like 2 days, RIP.

I would add there is mixed messaging even in media interviews. Blizzcon and interviews with Rob from VV are pretty strict remasters. Interviews with Blizzard folks are much more we will make changes if players want them.

I was refreshing too, and checking my email regularly. Was very bummed at the fact that i didn’t get an invite. But then again, played this game thousands of hours and seen the new graphical update on stream so i can wait alittle longer.

I just know what an accelerated time frame looks like. D2R is definitely on an accelerated time frame for a Blizzard Game. I also know how intricate D2 is and how small changes cause domino effects. I have seen them patch builds and items out of existence/usefulness in D2, WoW, D3 only to reverse it later on. Balance is hard no matter what game it is. Large changes put the whole thing in jeopardy especially if rushed.

1 Like

I don’t think it was really accelerated though. It has already been stated that game has been in development for over two years. I think that the game was supposed to have been unveiled at the infamous “You guys have phones, right?!” Blizzcon, but was not ready enough for reveal then. I think last years leak for the game was intentional though, and it was initially leaked as a remake.

Why do you think that? It is a not a new game being developed from scratch. My recollection was that it was already in development in 2018 and even one of the Blizzard higher ups (Wyatt maybe, I can not recall precisely) recently confirmed that it was already in the works in 2018. This is consistent with this

Patching something out of existence doesn’t sound like a small change. When they introduced patch 1.10 and added runewords, people no longer cared about Skullder’s Ire. Even now people suggest that Black Hades is garbage. Really? People used to love that stuff.

Skullders is still the best MF Armor in the game, for raw percentage. I still use ist ire.

I still use Skullder’s aswell. What do you think come with 1.10 that replaced it?

Enigma. That’s all people talk about.

That was Diablo Immortal and D4 not D2R. D2R was definitely a reaction to people leaving after the Immortal Announcement. Literally that week a lot of us veterans wrote letters to Blizzard on how to bring the community back and D2R was the main theme.