Toxic D2 Purists

I would say a lot of people here would probably label me as such wither you agree with my posts or not. And after one too many pointless internet arguments i now fully agree, i was completely closed minded and wrong. Someone referencing any type of change to D2 essentially triggered me and i was transported 17 years into the past acting like a teenager and for that i am sorry. No one is stupid, naive or delusional just because they want some changes to a game they’ve loved for 20 years. Yes some change suggestions go “over the line” but most of them are fairly reasonable.

Special apologies to:
MicroRNA
Ionz22
DRIUM

I was an unjustified jerk.

30 Likes

Apology accepted.

Trust me, there are far worse.

7 Likes

Didn’t expect you to. But thank you.

doesn’t justify me being condescending or rude when discussing video games with other adults.

1 Like

Lol after what I saw today, you bet there are.

1 Like

Idk I didn’t see anything really since I check the forum probably like bi-weekly or so but considering an actual effort post was made to apologize I’m sure people would forgive you anyways so GG.

1 Like

I was watching “that” thread and I’ll leave it at some “things” changed recently.

1 Like

It was Axe’s prophecy, if we’re on the same page, but yes I think it was inevitable. It went quiet there fast.

1 Like

did i miss something? lol

You are correct and we are on the same page.

1 Like

You might have. But we can’t talk about it. Search the threads, lol.

2 Likes

almost everyone is here becuase of thier love for the game, i too sometimes get overly annoyed at people asking for chances when they dont fully grasp the implications of implementing those changes.

a lot of the “hate” here is due to “fear” fear blizzard may take a bad suggestion and run with it and end up turning this into d3.

this is our greatest fear having the game we love ruined in some way because some person who doesn’t understand something about the game get something changed or added that ruins it.

to many of us who loved d2… we are just terrified, he have had our hopes smashed again and again by blizzard.

the idea of “personal loot” in diablo 2 UTTERLY TERRIFIES me because implementing it would force them to comepltly re-balance loot drops. and to say i dont trust blizzard to do that us such an understament

other things like loot filter, i love it, it makes the game SOOO much nicer, and there is no downside to implementing it as long as they limit the power we creators have. ( anything more than what i do currently in my pod filter is a bit much

but i can fully understand people who havent played with it might be scared

“charm inventory” name is a terrible description of what it is, i can understand people who havent used it being scared it might affect balance… it certainly sounds like it might when u think about it, but in practice… it doesn’t… and why i desperatly would love the QOL of a bigger inventory ( as long as charms cant be used in the extra space) and i am truly dumbstuck at the people who are against adding more inventory space in a way that doesn’t affect balance. i can at least understand where their fear comes from

my biggest hope for changes ius for them to fix bugs, the fury bug plagued me for the longest time i was so happy POD fixed it.

6 Likes

I really don’t want to argue about charm inventory in a good hearted thread like this, I will see you in a different thread :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yesitaffectsbalance

Dang, couldn’t help myself :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting post. The only ones really that annoy me in terms of the purists, are the ones that believe the game is this punishing, hardcore, desperate experience when the game originally was not that way. It was just a fun action rpg loot finder with some decent challenges (for legit players) and some good coop fun. The pessimistic part of me believes some want to keep it more challenge-core/member’s only and exploitable (whether by playing with the glitches/bugs or more griefing elements) because they fear losing something in the realm of rmt prospects or FG for the D2JSP folk.

My biggest hope for D2R is to get some game balance again, especially for the physical damage dealers (Bowazon, Barbs, and Zealers - since all 3 as well as other classes , have pretty pale weapon choices for Hell compared to the olden days). I can deal with the immunes (never cared for all mobs with them, but whatever) but the damage sponge difficulty for physical damage isn’t challlenge to me, but tedium.

I’ve always with for a way to get own loot since 1.10, and since playing D3 as well as modern coop rpgs with either instanced loot or random distributed loot or even rolled loot (mmos), it is hard to really justify in my mind a silly faster click first loot system that is easily cheated. Would love to see it, but it isn’t the highest on my personal wish list, the balance is.

All the other stuff such as charm inventories, gem/rune stacking, etc…many of these elements sound like they would be good if the game had to adapt systems to accomodate console play, but some of these I really tie to being balanced only to instanced loot (sorry loot filters). If the game becomes more balanced, or even if they make a way for rares to really compete again (outside of the ultra gg ultra rare rares), then I’m not as worried about other implementations. It just always felt empty to me that loot was secondary concern in multiplayer as the trade off to xp for leveling.

6 Likes

Don’t sweat it man, there are a lot of people here who love Diablo II and they get very passionate about their views, and their frustrations are equally as strong. I’m not trying to say this is good reason for being toxic or whatever, but it’s understandable.

I can appreciate your introspection.

1 Like

Did something happen? Usually I browse the threads on my phone from work, and mostly respond when I’m home just chilling and watching youtube or playing games. Had a couple of rum and cokes tonight, so didn’t browse as much until now.

I will only say that it is against forum rules to talk about Blizzard taking disciplinary action against specific players.

I like you people I don’t wanna get banned :slight_smile:

You won’t have to look far :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I remember vaguely seeing someone that called out ole Jay Wilson on D3, complaining about getting banned. I think I remember commenting early on in the day in that thread, but I currently can’t complete the thought swimming in my mind on what it was.

Don’t worry bout it anymore. Most looks like it got deleted anyways.
Someone was being rude, no longer matters.

Enjoy your night :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and ur drinks

1 Like

I always respect people with different view. That is burned into my blood.

I have never ever be verbally rude to anybody and if I did accidentally, please correct me.

1 Like

My weekend off, definently enjoying the drinks, lol. Hopefully get some energy this weekend to finish D3 story, and uploading the final act quests to my youtube then maybe start working on my Whirlwind Barb again to find some primals. Trying to stay off of D2 to not burn myself out before D2R, but I do have a Plugy Sorc in Hell farming LK (already got a Sur, Mal, 2x Gul, and a ton of decent single element resistance charms as well as a couple of okish skillers).

1 Like