Toxic D2 Purists

I’m a terrible angry passionate person who just wants an expansion for this game! I truly want to be beat D4 and I go way over board and I will stop acting like a fool I am sorry as well

2 Likes

for every post you make you only show more and more how ignorant you are. unwilling to take in what people answer you.

1 Like

I agree with the statements saying that personal loot is a great idea and a great feature. Just NOT FOR THIS GAME. For future Diablo releases, i think it’s great. But not in this game, it will break it, and make it completely different.

5 Likes

I want to agree with this, and overall I agree with the sentiment. I do have a caveat though, if Blizzard can’t get rid of pickit users. If everyone is running around with pickit, the obvious sacrifice is personal loot. It’s the only logical choice.

sigh I wasn’t going to bother with replying to this topic, but since Billyboy doesn’t seem to mind the comments over the past couple of days it seems, as long as it isn’t just jerkish comments, I’ll bite on this comment.

Diablo X Game in the Future is an action rpg where you go through multiple quests each act, fighting hordes of monsters while fighting occasional mini boss styled battles before fighting a final boss of that act and move to next act. It has personal loot, and is heralded for it, great feature and all.

Diablo 2 is an action rpg where you go through multiple quests each act, fighting hordes of monsters while fighting occasional mini boss styled battle before fighting a final boss of that act and move to the next act. It utilizes personal loot in it’s remaster and their is outcry for “breaking the game.”

Really seems silly to say it is a great feature for another game that is either similar or is a copy pasta of the exact game structure, if not it’s skill and itemization mechanics, yet not for the game all the others are mimicking. It would only “break the game” if implemented poorly.

Now I’m not arguing for or against with the above statement, only that the argument stated seems silly to me.

1 Like

as long as everyone is being chill then debate away. pretty soon open beta is launching which im also pretty sure will allow all of us to join and we should be playing together, not arguing, when that time comes. :smiley:

All of my RL friends play CoD, LoL or WoW and have no interest in D2R. So im hoping to form an 8-man team from the forums come launch day.

1 Like

My friends doesn’t have the same nostalgia of Diablo 2 as i have so they didn’t want to play the legacy version because of the outdated 2d graphicals. But they have said over the years that the game sounds awesome when i have talked about it and that they definately would play it if there were a graphical update to it.

Now we are getting it!

Hopefully it will be as great as it was. /concerned.

The only person irl that I know that still plays D2 is my dad. I have a few friends that will probably buy D2R, but they are not exactly long runners on games that are not League of Legends. I really hope that the devs make the game feel long term in progression, and not just a temporary experience of ladder upon ladder (basically, ungate the ladder only stuff and have something new for ladders that isn’t just a crap ton of content).

1 Like

If imprisoning everyone who might commit a crime is your only solution for preventing crime, then you ought to consider letting someone else design the system. The same applies to personal loot as a measure against ninja looting. And dividing the game into ladder, non-ladder, hardcore, softcore, normal, nightmare, hell, inferno, 1.09, 1.14, 1.xx, private, public, personal loot, ffa, this mode, that mode, will only drive the population density down to 1. This discussion is silly, and participating in it is demeaning.

4 Likes

Skimt always posting those drop-the-mic moments then leaving. :open_mouth:

And even with economy, there are ways to pull items out of the economy. Faster ladders resets (which D2R will have) as well as taking a cue from mods and having some sort of corrupting system (a good idea for season replacement imo) that corrupted items can be unique and set items, and once corrupted would be account bound. While people might at first see that account bound and scream “NOOOOOO DIABLO 3!” it would serve as a method to both increase trading (as sets and uniques would be popular to corrupt) and pull items out of the economy from the increase in drops from having personal loot, which imo, should follow the rules of the current single player drop rate (because even p8 on single player is only what…p4 current online? and loot still maintains the aspect of rarity).

But at the end of the day, if they don’t go for a modern fork path, I’d rather just see a balance patch to skills that help bridge the synergy effectiveness gap between caster based and physical weapon based over all else, which would help bring the exceptional and elite tier equipment back in line of usefulness, which would increase decision making on picking up loot, thus leaving a more shared loot pool.

I do think personal loot changes the game. I’ve played other games with personal loot and it doesn’t seem that bad overall. But when you take out a mechanic like this, you better add some extra content to make up for the lack of loot diving. As diablo is bare bones when it comes to content. You basically do the same thing over again, and again, and again… Just don’t turn it into D3 please…

Yeah and it gives a larger incentive to run 4 copies in public baalruns, as if 4x the xp wasn’t enough, you’d get 4x the loot. I feel it should only be implemented if the devs completely fail miserably at pickit detection.

I don’t think the arguments for equity are enough, though I absolutely think games moving forward are typically better with personal loot than without.

It’s not an easy decision.

I say when you add personal loot, then give me more content. Like jar of souls, instance quests or arena merits… Something… But yeah, it can be a hard choice.

Please don’t…

If they eventually were to release new content it should be something true to the core game, like a new act, with quests in similar style to the ones already in it and ultimately a new end boss. But all within the core game feeling and aslong as the lore allowed it.

Modern content does not have a place in this game and should be reserved for the sequels.

Wow an apology thread turned into loot discussions again.

I explained my reasons to the reply of the re-ignition of debate, lol. If Billy had stated in last night’s discussion to the degree of not here, wouldn’t have. Besides, current discussion is basically a more friendly one and not exactly the jerkish comments, though I will admit, my “mental gymnastics” may have come off a little drier humored than I intended.

Not blaming you specifically man. I was going to reply to something you said but stopped because I just can’t believe how every thread people jump to every other topic in the world.

1 Like

I don’t care about personal loot. I’m just saying if someone decides to add that to a game, give me something fun to compensate for the loss of loot diving. These games only give you so much enjoyment for the little things, that are different from grind, grind, grind. I would want something equally as fun to compensate, otherwise the game gets boring quicker.