The reason why higher drop rates will follow after personal loot

It will not create a more positive social experience. Why would I EVER want to play with a group of people when half of the time I wont even see loot drop on the ground? When I can play by myself and see all of it without splitting it up?

The same way it would feel if I was a part of a game with 8 legitimate players. Every FFA run results in 4/8 players getting nothing. Overall, you would expect to collect 20 drops in FFA. This is exactly the same as what personal loot give.

If you are unlucky in FFA game, where there are a few ninja looters and pickit users, you will get far less than 20.

So in reality, there is no difference or FFA is worse.

So you do not see any difference between watching gear drop on the ground and not being fast enough picking it up and not seeing loot drop on the ground at all?

A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

3 Likes

You have two teams playing hockey against each other. At the end of the game one team wins and the other team loses. Does the game of hockey suck because one team lost the game? How did those players follow the rules? Did some of the players cheat or rough house? Do people have fun playing hockey? Do only those who score have fun? Should we get rid of hockey?

Doesn’t really work in this case, that expression means to trade something you have for the possibility of something better. In FFA vs Personal your not trading anything, your loosing opportunities.

Personal you are just flat out not seeing 7/8ths of the drops while in a group together, no opportunity what so ever. Your only retort is you can’t get things because of pickit, well don’t play games with people with pickit.

1 Like

If you are suggesting that the the players are on different hockey teams, I would be fearful that they would not be seeing the devils/demons/monsters that are about to kill them all.

1 Like

Sadly most people flock to that argument by default. You cant argue against the use of pickit sucking. Am I for pickit being used? Hell to the no! But I think people are underestimating how the game will feel different seeing 7/8 of the loot they once saw before. It will feel dry, even for Diablo 2 standards. Which drops much less gear than Diablo 3.

Humans vs Demons. Not all players can score in every game. But they still have to work together and also fight for the goal. The player aren’t given free shots at the net, just because they participated. Participation medals are lame.

1 Like

In FFA and personal loot games, total drops are the same. If Baal drops 4 items in an 8 player game at least half the players get nothing in each system.

Since half the players get nothing, it is hard to say that there is a participation trophy that implies everyone gets something.

1 Like

In FFA everyone always has a chance of getting the drops, or at bare minimum are aware drops are happening… in personal you neither have a chance or even know there are drops happening.

Ya sounds great. And don’t throw pickit at me, you are chosing to play that game.

Only thing I wouldn’t mind is seeing who picks up drops, if your truly worried about pickit you can spot the thief quickly.

Items are going to drop all over the game with every monster killed. But working for that drop by having to go the extra mile is another game altogether. You’re basically playing a mini-game every time you dive for the loot that everyone wants and everyone can see. It’s not just about the drops, it’s also about the mini-game for the drops. It’s complicated. It’s messy. It’s fun.

I am not disputing that the drop spread will theoretically be the same in each system. The topic of the issue is how it will feel not seeing ANY loot drop on the ground 50% of the time will feel. Will that bring people saying the game feels dry and requires more loot, so that my Baal runs do not feel like a waste of time?

What’s wrong with people who like the “feel” of one system getting to play it, and people who like the “feel” of the other system, playing that?

If the drops are the same, why do you need to gatekeep the way someone else wants to play?

3 Likes

It’s fine when they’re separate communities.
Amature League vs Professional League

I would support separate communities.

Because no matter what system there is, I do not want increased chances of loot drops. Which is more inclined to happen if personal loot is implemented. Items should feel extremely rare and GG to possess.

Plus I dont want to feel like Sh-- 50% of the time when I dont see anything drop at all.

Me too. The argument that personal loot is easy mode is simply untrue and it goes to something DoperDennis alluded to. Personal loot will be more difficult.

1 Like

Agreed, it would make the game feel completely different, therefore should not be in the game.

The only way personal loot drops are okay if its on a completely separate server.

Also, for the record I did not allude to it being easy mode. You have ignored the very core of the OP this entire time. I will continue stating it until you at least have the decency to address it. Which is, the feeling of see zero loot drop 50% of the time.

You have yet to refute my argument that personal loot may result in increasing the loot chances on drop to avoid the crappy feeling of what I continue stating.

The amatures could be just as good as professionals. But you wouldn’t take the score of the amature league and post them with the professional league. The amature would have to join the professional league to get their achievements recognized by that league. And vise versa.

Example : Street Basketball vs Professional Basketball

I’m going to assume “Easy” implies to the mini-game being taken out. He probably feels the achievement seems easier, because you took out the mini-game to get the loot. The mini-game would be the struggle against other players.

It does not make the game feel “completely different”. You still are killing the same monsters in the same areas and in a party getting the same number of total drops. Even David Brevik said that personal loot instead of FFA does not fundamentally change D2.

Exactly. Pros will be playing the harder game.

1 Like