The reason why higher drop rates will follow after personal loot

If personal loot is implemented -

8 players walk into a Baal run… Said 8 players slay Baal. 4 items drop in the total loot pool which are divided among the 8 players. What’s this? 4 players receive nothing. Okay… Starts new Baal run, kill baal. Huh… Nothing again eh?

The question is, how many runs are you going to be willing to do without seeing a single piece of loot drop from Baal? That is, before it starts to feel like you’re putting in effort for literally zero reward. People are inevitably going to want to see actual loot drop from the bosses they kill. That is the point of the game is it not?

Incoming. plz increase drop rates blizzard I am sick of getting nothing X runs in a row. It just feels bad, I feel bad, you should feel bad. Gimme gear for free.

For the record, I am not in support of personal loot, or increased drop chances.

17 Likes

This has happened for more than 15 years with pickit software.

Next question plz.

17 Likes

Pickit is not in every game so don’t even bother. I have seen Griffon’s eye drop a single time and I was not fast enough to pick it up. Least I got to see the item drop once in the entire time I played D2. Splitting the gear in an 8 player party, you will have a 8x less likelihood of even seeing those items, well, ever.

1 Like

Pickit is in most games these days. How long has it been since you played?
I play only in private now, because almost every public game is full of bots.
I’ll be right there fighting against drop rate changes, but it is unrelated to personal loot. Your premise is flawed.

If your premise was that people would complain about drop rates with a shorter ladder, I think there’s a lot more of an argument there.

5 Likes

Maybe stop joining bot Baal/chaos runs?

11 Likes

Read my whole comment before you respond.

4 Likes

I did and i say it again… Dont join the games made by bots then… Please dont tell me that bots are joining your Baal runs.

6 Likes

I literally just wrote that I only play alone on bnet…reading comprehension please.

1 Like

No but apparently all his buddies use pickit and he can’t keep up.

3 Likes

And yet you complain about pickit, dude that makes no sense.

4 Likes

Hopefully, there will be less botting. However, even if there is bots, create chaos/ Baal runs instead of joining them. Bots create game, not join them. Here is another tip, title the game BaalRunzGG-0043, even if it is the first run lol. People will think you’re crushing them and it isn’t a fresh run waiting for new players.

Also, I do think people will complain about drop rates in a shorter ladder. Which I am honestly on the fence about. I want items to be as rare as they used to be. But if they only a hand full of people per ladder can make an last wish, well that’s another story I think.

This argument is illogical. Pickit is prevalent, it doesn’t have to effect me in 2021 for me to understand the economic damage it has done.

4 Likes

Just. Stop. Joining. Public. Games. Made. By. Bots…

Create your own public baalruns, you dont have to create private games.

6 Likes

So your hurt by it because although you never experienced it, believe it was so bad no body could get loot.

I could always get loot, pickit was not an issue unless you needed a bot leech.

2 Likes

This doesn’t help the economy.

D2 is first and foremost an economic game. Whether or not you personally play in bot games it still has an effect on the economy.

Also, pickit is much harder to detect than true bots, they’re both client side and difficult to detect, but with pickit it’s often real players using it.

2 Likes

Also stop pretending that baalruns or chaos runs runned by bots were somehow anytime good source of items. Public baalruns or others runs are there mostly to get xp. Not the loot.

4 Likes

Everyone who has played enough coop games has experienced pickit.
Pickit isn’t just bots, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

7 Likes

I dunno between you and me, I played multiplayer…

See previous post. Pickit was used by thousands and thousands of people, not just bot scripts.

7 Likes

I want to believe you but you really does sound as players in overwatch who see aimbot everywhere :slight_smile: so idk.

1 Like