The new WD set coming next week

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23298649/patch-268-ptr-begins-26-1-31-2020

• New Class Set: Mundunugu’s Regalia
    • 2-Piece Bonus: Big Bad Voodoo now follows you and lasts twice as long.
    • 4-Piece Bonus: Gain 50% damage reduction for 30 seconds when you enter the Spirit Realm.
    • 6-Piece Bonus: Spirit Barrage deals increased damage equal to 50 times your Mana Regeneration per Second.
      The Barber
    • Instead of dealing direct damage, your Spirit Barrage now accumulates on the target. When you stop casting, it explodes dealing 225-250% 400-500% of the accumulated damage to all enemies within 15 yards.
      Gazing Demise
    • Spirit Barrage gains the Phantasm rune. Each active Phantasm lasts twice as long, increases the damage of Spirit Barrage by 40-50% 100-150%, and also increases the attack rate from Manitou spectres.
    • Now always rolls with Critical Hit Chance instead of Life Per Second.

This set seems to be very very strong in combination with the new multipliers.

The playstyle will be very similar from the playstyle we know from the LoN version.
It is pretty much the same to be honest…just switch Piranhado for Voodoo?

Due to the way of how WD toughness work, we are bound on this:

https://www.d3planner.com/416092974

I guess, this setup will be it?

What do you think guys?

I think i like the intention, but isn’t it just an improved version of the LON variant?

:thinking:

You are discounting the 6pc set bonus. It makes certain old mechanics interesting again.

Example 1:
Vision Quest (passive) - 40% mana regen

Example 2:
Spiritual Attunemnt (passive) - 2% max mana as mana regen

Example 3:
BBV Rain Dance - +250% mana regen

I am not even sure how locust swarm and haunt or ROE is going to add to this. It could be freakin insane, since with the above you can scale your damage with both mana regen and max mana on items.

I am not…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/ptr-starts-26-and-additional-thoughts/11817/68?u=mortred-22918

The potential is simply crazy, read post :wink:

This set will provide a heavy damage boost, but it is 95% the same we played in LON/LOD.

PS: You can gain over 500 mana/sec, easily! PLUS, the new buffed item modifiers…Count for yourself :sweat_smile:

If it will release this way and you can handle your area damage a bit…the WD will become the next trash clear king!

I was just testing the setup in t6, for theory crafting.

Base working numbers are 500mana/s 100% uptime. And haunt and locust are a must to reach that number. Spamming haunt I managed to get over 700mana/s multiple times.

Haunt/locust swarm +ring of emptiness will be mandatory.

Incase anyone didn’t do the math 700*50= 35,000% Spirit Varage multiplier.

And yes I’m freaking excited, WD has always been my fav class since beta and I’m pumped since I always wanted and SB meta build!

Headed back to theory craft now…

Why will RoE be mandatory? We aren’t using Haunt / LS to do our damage with the new build so I’m confused why it will be necessary?

After re-reading it, it appears ALL damage is increased by 275%~ and not just the haunt/LS damage. This makes way more sense why it is needed.

Locust adds 25 m/s, haunt adds 10 m/s per application on mob.

So it’s 300% + 35-100+ m/s easily achieved. So 1500%-5000% additional damage.

Additional the 2 main damage runes on SB are turrets. Leaving time to apply haunt/locust.

Honestly, I’m a little underwhelmed, but I’m willing to be patient and see how the new set plays. I was really holding out hope for a Sacrifice build - I just feel that it fits with the WD fantasy so well! - especially because we already have a viable LoD Spirit Barrage build. I would have preferred that The Barber and Gazing Demise received a small buff, just to bring the LoD Spirit Barrage build in line with Zuni Darts, and the new set focused on another underutilised skill, but thems the breaks. I’m looking forward to trying it out regardless :blush:

1 Like

dunno if you read it correctly its only mana regen. for 6 pc which all i came up with is 352 max = 17.5 k damage Ill trade out coe for roe just cuz the clunkiness or usin that ring. lose 100% damage but get rid of having to use haunt and ls. and opens more slots up for defensive skills.

I totally forgot, that there was a bug with the ROE…
If i remind correctly and that would fit Nevalistis’ post, the Phantasma was treated as a pet.
So, no ROE for this build. This frees up the unnecessary Locust skill for Piranhado.
Don’t forget:
If you reach 500-700 or more mana, 25/s is a joke anyway and wouldn’t increase the damage by a lot. (25 is 5% of 500 and only 2,5% of 750)
At that point, cc or some utlitiy would be worth more i guess.

@D3excess

Base mana region is 50, Voodoo brings 250 which is 300 allready.
The passive “Rush of Essence” and the Haunt-rune itself will increase that number dramatically.
The bigger the pull and the faster you spread Haunt, the bigger the effect.
Combine it with the “Haunt belt” to spread two per cast…

The damage output will be insane!
But…as they said, numbers will probably be tuned down to their GR-target.

Just remember, Vision Quest only procs when using primary skills (Corpse Spiders, Firebomb, Plague of Toads, or Poison Dart).

So, Vision Quest will give you a very nice damage boost for sure with the new set, but it might be a downer to devote a skill slot to one of those primary skills.

I agree 100%. This new set is not a game changer in terms of adding something really new and different to the WD arsenal.

It will be interesting to see how much the new set outshines LoD Spirit Barrage builds that use the new Barber and Gazing Demise items.

1 Like

Maybe this sounds like a stupid question, but why there is a need for an own SB-Set if an LoD version already exists?

1 Like

Not a stupid question, more a legitimate question.

I thought the same. Playstyle will be pretty much the same. You will have endless mana, that is basically the only thing that changes. xD

I would love to see a skill-addition to the set, but that wouldn’t make sense either.

I love to see some power growth for the WD, even if it is just one skill, but the reason behind it, i don’t see either.
It will be a lag fest, for sure. :thinking:

It will be interesting to see how much the new set outshines LoD Spirit Barrage builds that use the new Barber and Gazing Demise items.

By a freaking lot!

1 Like

That would be the best argument to open slots. However, for max damage the mana runes do apply.

All you need to do to prove it is have your stat sheet open and look at the mana/sec line. And those runes directly increase it along with any other passive % buff.

500m/s is baseline in this set with a high dynamic range of 700-900 achievable.

Think your very right on this. So Manitou is a pet but Phantasms aren’t though?

That’s means this set has 2 potential directions MOJ pet setup or Pure damage off Phantasms with Manitou as just flat bonus with an ROE and play turret style.

So you can potentially focus either. Obviously one will be king output wise and GR pushing.

Ok, bad news… good job Blizzard i would say!

The mana effect of the haunt rune is capped at a very tiny bit, maybe it is even capped to one target?

https://ibb.co/S7DrVSx

https://ibb.co/WKzdKTK

On the first screenshot you can see, how many targets i had put haunt on… (creeping death active of course^^)
On the second screenshot you can see my actual mana regen…
(upped, with my ghost skills to survive)

The passive “Rush of Essence” works fine, but the haunt rune is limited, which makes big pulls only good for area dmg and not for the mana regeneration itself!

Unless they fix that, our mana regeneration will be capped not as high as we think, which will limit this sets potential a bit.

Haunt rune doesn’t work on multiple targets means = no unlimited power.
I guess, the Voodoo itself will not be up permanently, so on that downtime, we need to collect and position ourselfs.

IF the haunt rune gets fixed, we probably won’t need that manaregeneration of the Voodoo, which gives us at least choice on its rune, which i guess is better.

Overall, i think this set has an interesting internal mechanic, but it lacks cause of inconsistence.
If they don’t change the rune-mechanic of Haunt… RIP, because Voodoo will only be perma up with Starmetal+belt/Opportunists, which means, RIP pssive+kanai slot -.-

Thoughts?

Think your very right on this. So Manitou is a pet but Phantasms aren’t though?

Because this is a Spirit Barrage Set, you are basically forced to use the mojo+barber, which means, phantasms are set in stone, which means, pet dmg…

I don’t think that this is correct. Without the new Witch Doctor set, I was able to acquire a Mana Per Second of 522.48. This is running the LoD build, and has the maximum values in each slot you could possibly get Mana / Second on. For those that don’t want to click to check the link:

1. Maximum Mana - 1911
    1.1 Head -Mask of Jeram - 150
    1.2 Right Finger (Stone of Jordan) - 150
    1.3 Main Hand - Barber - 150
    1.4 Off-Hand - Gazing Demise - 150
    1.5 Paragon Points - 50 Points - 200
    1.6 Passive - Soul Harvest - 188
    1.7 Passive - Spiritual Attunement - 174

2. Mana Regen - 638.92 - 31,946% damage bonus minus Gruesome Feast AND Rush of Essence
    2.1 Equipment - Head - Mask of Jeram - 14.00
    2.2 Equipment - Main-hand Barber - 14.00
    2.3 Equipment - Off-Hand - Gazing Demise - 14.00
    2.4 Passive - Big Bad Voodoo (Rain Dance Rune) - 250.00
    2.5 Passive - Inspire (Templar Skill) - 7.00
    2.6 Passive - Spiritual Attunement (Passive) - 38.23
    2.7 Passive - Vision Quest (Passive) - 154.89
    2.8 Cube - Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan - 96.81

3. Missing from Formula
    3.1 Rush of Essence - 10 Mana Regen over 10 Seconds when using Spirit Barrage, Harvest or Walk = 500% more damage
    3.2 Gruesome Feast - Health Globe Pick up = 10% maximum mana AND 10% maximum Intelligence for 15 seconds * 5 stacks = 10% maximum mana AND 50% maximum Intelligence = 10% maximum mana increase = 2% mana regen per second increase because of Spiritual Attunement = 100% more damage for the passive. Confidence Ritual and it’s 25% additional damage may be more useful here. Not to mention the damage increase from the additional 50% intelligence. Seems a no brainer to include Gruesome Feast and stack Health Globe radius.

This has us still sitting at 52% CHC and 430% CHD, and being able to stack Area Damage to 70% as well on the normal slots as the Mana Regen doesn’t take any Area Damage slots, conveniently enough.

Mana Regen goes on Head, Hands, and skills. Area Damage goes elsewhere. So at the Maximum 638.92 (It appears?) with a maximum mana of 1,911, we would have 31,946% damage opposed to the 17,500% damage that was mentioned previously.

Again, these are using the LoD items currently and not the new Mundunugu Set (that’s a fun word to say in your head), so this may change but presuming the set doesn’t utilize the hand items (as they buffed both hand items, and that wouldn’t make much sense), we will be fine. Even if the Set uses the head slot, it will still have a Mana Regen Per Second stat able to be rolled on it, or it might even be a mandatory roll because of the set bonus(?).

If we use the Languish Rune from Soul Harvest instead of the Swallow Your Soul rune, we lose 206 Maximum mana giving us 632.12 Mana Regen Per Second. This would in turn translate to 31,606% damage. A difference of 340% damage from the rune change, 1% damage increase.

This would also cause us to further suffer an armor loss penalty of 4,339 or 4.93% armor negation. It seems to me that the loss of 4% armor may be too steep for the additional 1% damage increase.

Does my math look correct here?

D3Planner - 777617998
Imgur - hr47m2v.png

1 Like

from the looks of damage and multipliers this set will put out a lot more damage than lod build. just hope its not squishy

Great input Jobao!

If you are 100% sure that these values are correct, this is a nice source to take into consideration for upcoming discussions!

Bookmarked!

I think, i would skip Hexing Pants maybe, not sure how the cast animation will work with a decent amount of attackspeed.
With such a big mana pool, i think Aquila Cuirass can be a solid option, don’t know how much value Captain’s set would have here.

Anyway, thanks again, this will help a lot!

I am really exited about the attackspeed increase for the “Manitou” for SB.

I think, the season theme can be good for the WD and will offer a great amount of possible extras in the build.