The new Firebird Nerf

Very much so. Whether it was fixed or not is the question. Mirror images should not be interacting with Firebirds. I’d rather be casting Fire spells and wreaking havoc with Fire spells on my own rather then Mirror Images sound most of it.

Well since they didn’t mention bug in patch notes and Filthie’s last posts just mentioned the overall set number changes, I think we’re ok for now.

These are Raxx’s current in-chat notes, just as example:

“Firebirds ends up being an S Tier build that will solo clear around GR148. The Firebirds speed META will be great and be very close to Rats. It will be one of the best RGKs in the game.”

1 Like
  • Firebird’s Finery 2-Piece Set: Disintegrate Ignites enemies, causing them to take 7500% 3000% weapon damage per second until they die. When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60-second cooldown.
  • Firebird’s Finery 4-Piece Set: Casting Disintegrate adds Combustion stacks that reduce the cooldown of Teleport by 1% 2% per stack. Stacks up to 100 50 times. You gain 80% damage reduction while maintaining Combustion stacks.
  • Firebird’s Finery 6-Piece Set: You gain 4000% 2000% 5000% increased damage while Ignite is applied to a target. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling fire spell deals Ignite damage multiplied by Combustion stacks.

Finally fixed excelent, now are 5000% the bonus of stacks in 6 pieces bonus, thanks blizzard

I believe Raxx is wrong, but we will see. I think he forgot to account for legacy etched sigil buffing the build by 6 grs through a bug or something. I seriously doubt we’ll clear 148.

That was with MI. Been watching his videos, he’s not basing anything on bugged ES.

2 Likes

Damn, I think this is the 2nd time (anyone remember the first?) in 23 seasons the Devs actually went back on their final PTR notes.

Where is my needle and thread? I have a Wizard robe to mend for my first season in what, 4 years I guess.

2 Likes

I guess I’ll put the wizdog merchandise away…

For now.

2 Likes

I’m about to put on my wizard’s hat.

1 Like

Which one?

Swami? Dark Mage’s Shade? Crown of the Primus? (just don’t dye it white!) Wanderer Hat for that classic Gandalf look?

I always liked the look of Storm Crow myself. Used to use it for all my transmogs until I started just using invisible dye instead of a hat.

1 Like

I put on my rob and wizard hat
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

All kidding aside, I prefer vanishing dye as well for my wizard. I’m excited to try wiz next patch. As a barb main, looking forward to branching out and see things from another perspective. :grin:

5 Likes

Exactly. Who would have thought that not only would firebird return to relevance, but that it would be fun to play and get a cool unique mechanic?!

2 Likes

I’ll go Archmage’s Vicalyke :mage:‍♂:tophat:

1 Like

I usually do Vyr’s set mask. Some of the Wizard masks just look retarded.

Yeah, I think the only legendary Wizard hat that looks good imo is Storm Crow. But honestly I just use the Demon Hunter’s shadow helm transmog, it’s probably my favorite helm transmogrification.

1 Like

I suspect FB will be the single strongest solo push build right below AoV on the top end. Its floor should be around Wastes or GoD. If the change to teleport is a removal of its internal cooldown it’ll rival the fastest builds out there.

With the 6pc being buffed there is no way this is going to be a weak build.

1 Like

It was definitely a nice buff, but it is still not as good as it was in the PTR unfortunately. At least now though, it can keep up with the top tier builds. I am looking forward to trying it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That 148 prediction from Raxx is the hypothetical best case scenario with fishing, mob type/affix with perfect gear and gems at 8K paragon with pylon lucks. Normal clear at 8k paragon would be 7 GR lower. If your paragon is less than 3000 and not perfect gear/gem then subtract another 10 GR or so, which makes it 130ish.

Just FYI so people won’t be surprised as to why they can only do 120-130 with their 2k paragon and less than perfect gear.

I don’t mean to be harsh, but that value of 10GRs is inaccurate.

8kp w/145 augs is about 51k INT per my planner.
3kp w/140 augs is about 24k INT per my planner.
2kp w/130 augs is about 20k INT per my planner.

8kp vs 3kp:

• 51/24 = 2.125
  • log(2.125,1.17)= ~4.8 GRs

8kp vs 2kp:

• 51/20 = 2.55
  • log(2.55,1.17)= ~5.96 GRs

Granted, this comparison doesn’t show advantages like being able to maintain Squirt’s easier at higher toughness (paragon) or better gear optimizations, but it’s a good general estimate.

I also think Raxxanterax’s estimate for Firebirds clear is high, but I don’t think it’s that far off.

Based on what we know to exist as potential builds currently (and also assuming higher key investment to secure a clear the higher your paragon is), I’d put the clears somewhere thus:

• 2kp: ~GR139
  • 3kp: ~GR142
  • 5kp: ~GR144
  • 8kp: ~GR146

However, new build optimizations have been known to crop up as the playerbase is given more time to experiment. Players have also been known to exceed 10kp in a season.

Raxxanterax’s estimate isn’t that far off in this case.

1 Like

We also need to see how the Follower update will affect solo clears in the end. It’s essentially free Flavor of Time plus Nemesis bracer plus another Cheat Death apart from UA/FB2 on top. This will surely have an impact. It’s going to widen the gap between a bad map with ugly mobs in small groups and a great map with nice mobs and pylons.

1 Like

Yep. Flavor of Time benefits are best when fishing heavily for good pylons.

The better the rift (and pylon placement) the more value you get from Flavor of Time. It’s worth more for someone who fishes 500 keys then someone who just plugs 10-20 keys.

(it’s also good for speedfarming though since at a certain point you are running the rifts so fast you just have the pylons active for a good portion of the rift)

1 Like