The new Firebird Nerf

Dam Blizzard you make an awesome set and then nerf it 15 tiers… Ice cold.
I could understand 10 tiers. 15 …

29 Likes

Ooof. It definitely needed a nerf, but that seems like a bit much.

10% damage compared to the last PTR patch. (3000/7500)*(50/100)*(21/41) = 0.1024.

ln(0.1024)/ln(1.17) = -14.5 GR nerf.

Oof.

17 Likes

Most of us forsaw a nerf coming a mile away. But as usual, it came a bit more than expected. A par for the course I suppose.

8 Likes

It’s like Hydra/Typhon’s all over again. Strong on PTR, nerfed more than it should be, goes live as a decent build but just kind of … meh. Will be our strongest build anymore? I think Twisters might be stronger now.

11 Likes

Is it bad that I’m used to this situation?

7 Likes

necro S23 god tier confirmed. RIP to the wizzy

5 Likes

Wizard gets another complete overkill nerf, very disappointing. We all knew it needed to be nerfed, but 15 tiers…come on Blizzard. Wizard could have had a lot of variations with the Firebird’s for different levels of play. But now that is dead, unless they give it a buff of some kind.

13 Likes

Yup, Typhons V2… good thing I have not augmented my FB pieces yet. And I won’t do it now, they can keep their overnerfed junk.

3 Likes

I was hoping to try out new Firebird in non-season at least but with this amount of nerfing… Yikes, almost 15 GRs down.

It was overperforming but not by that much.

4 Likes

oh well it was fun while it lasted, prolly another season of LoD wizards.

2 Likes

I will try it out, it may be a good set even if it got nerfed, seems a bit too much but we will see.

1 Like

so 75% nerf? used to be 100 stacks and 4000% = 400,000…now it’s 50 stack and 2000% = 100,000…

So it’s actually a nerf from even the first PTR?

First version was 4000% x 50 stacks
2nd version was 4000% x 100 stacks
this version is 2000% x 50 stacks

Damn…I was looking forward to play Firebird also…seems the nerf is kinda overwhelming.

9 Likes

You’re missing the weapon damage nerf on the 2p as well. 3000% instead of 7500%.

So it’ll do 10% damage compared to the last PTR iteration.

5 Likes

RIP to the wiz and firebird

2 Likes

as usual, blizzard nerfs the crap outa wizard when they are actually strong again. ya so, i am not playing twister. no way.

F for firebirds.

ripperoni.

1 Like

Was really looking forward to playing FB this season. Fully expected a nerf, but not a nerf to every single line item… this combined with the no seasonal theme makes it pointless (for me) to bother playing once the seasonal journey is complete… oh well, maybe some day blizz will learn…

2 Likes

I regret not playing more on PTR, cause this nerf was just obscene. Why even bother reworking the whole set to a new version, when it wont even be 2nd best build for the class? All excitement for new patch died horribly fast today, this was unnecesary…

7 Likes

Eh. My jury is still out on Firebirds.

So many times the ‘player-experts’ have predicted a build to be dead-on-arrival before it ever hits the live servers. This happened as recently as the changes to Energy Twister, which ended up being the strongest Wiz build in S22.

I’ll reserve judgement until we see how it all plays out.

Blizzard really needs to do better with a last phase in PTR that gets the power level right - it’s just insane how they overnerf. They defeated their own goal of getting more players or more excitement when they dangle the nice-sized carrot of strong FB and, in the end, give us an underpowered baby carrot.

FB needed a nerf but winding up with 10% power - that is just insanity.

7 Likes

Your right SOLO and all you guys, I had not played the game for 1 year, the only thing that made me feel insensitive to play a lot again, was to finally see an improvement in the firebird set, since the wizard is my favorite character in diablo 3, and now all emotions are gone, and now I will put the game aside again, definitely Blizzard does not know how to balance anything and makes serious mistakes, this is a clear example, if the set will no longer have potential in no season in season it is even worse… :frowning:

3 Likes