The ethereal achievement is very concerning

Now that the patch has dropped, it appears that the achievement should work if you do it in mix modes, kind of like how “A Unique Collection” works. If you find it hardcore, it should tick. If you find it regular, it should tick. Once you have all 21 ticks, the achievement is granted.

2 Likes

So dont get it? Nothing happens when you dont get the achievement.

1, if you play long enough you probably won’t need all 7 classes to be played.

2, just because others my enjoy it doesn’t make it stupid.

3, characters are meaningless. Delete one, get the items, remake it, level it to 70 in a couple of hours, and equip all the gear and it’s back. Lack of character slots isn’t an issue.

2 Likes

This requires two people and is impossible for solo players.

Yes, it is. Many of us have very old characters with a lot of kills and would like to keep those records and characters. They may be meaningless to you, but they aren’t to everyone else. Don’t assume your way is the only “right” way.

8 Likes

The proper way to have handled this whole situation, would have been to make it so you can earn toward having the full achievement unlocked eventually.

IE:

You could play as many or as few heroes as you want. Finding the 3 ethereals for each class might take some of you longer if you are only using 1-3 classes per season as those that do all the classes in one go, but they could still get there.

Instead of forcing players to have to delete characters and potentially have nowhere to store their items that are in non-season while attempting to earn the transmogs.

The whole tactic is unnecessary. More like a subtle way to get us to delete stuff and remove characters with old stats than anything else.

There is no logical reason to not have this set up so that players can earn their way to the achievement if they want at their own pace.

What this is, an easy out, since they obviously are only storing ethereal collected data within the season. They don’t want to bother with tracking what ones you have collected this season vs the next season, because that’s hard apparently and its easier for them to frustrate us instead.

They offer a carrot, but then coat it in donkey droppings.

Game on.

3 Likes

I typicaly only play 3 classes
DH, Wiz and Monk
But I’m really excited for this season, it gives me a reason to play something new.
I’m not going to cheese my way through collecting them but actually play every class, maybe I’ll find a new class / build that I really enjoy.
And it should keep me playing the season longer than the openeing week.

3 Likes

I play solo most of the time, too.
But I am member of a clan and for necessary stuff I call for help (or offer help).

Even as SSF-Player it should be possible to invite a friend from your friendlist or to ask someone of the forum to friend them and then invite their lvl 70 char to join your lvl 12 game, to keep it open until you relog with your farming char and then leave you alone.

You need minimum 2 Slots for Season for this, but it should be manageble for any player, even if they normally play solo.

it cant be that hard, i guess you can play public games and ask for the people of different classes to hand you an ethereal if get dropped so you can get the achivement and transmong

No, they are account bound. Or do you think they will have a timer like legends?

edit:
quote blue post: " Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded."

It can’t that hard to read the description of ethereals from the S24 preview. They can not be traded at all.

You can complete with just one available player slot. Make character, get eths, delete character, get other eths, repeat until complete.

2 Likes

I ment that you need minimum 2 Slots for the snapshot method. And it should be possible even for SSF player to find a partner to hold the game active while changing to your farming char.

edit:
But you are right, you can go full solo and level one char, delete them on 70 or maybe 60, when the loot pool grows to big and level same class again, until you have all 3 of the class. Then hop to the next class.
Snapshot does the same just more effective.

3 Likes

The FoS is already visible in non-season Feats of Strength. Strangely enough, as I think it’s the only Feat of Strength that’s visible before you unlock it I think. Nice of them to think to include that.

It’s got a tracker with tick boxes for the 21 ethereals. I’m guessing that means they will count in either HC or SC, don’t have to be all in one mode. It will be easy to confirm once the season goes live, just need to get one in HC and one in SC and see if two boxes are ticked. I assume it will work fine.

8 Likes

You dont have to guess. A blue post already confirmed that.
I just read it yesterday, but cant find it now to quote it.

1 Like

You go to the root of the forums…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/

Then you click on the Blizz Tracker…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/g/blizzard-tracker/activity/posts

A little bit of scrolling gets us to…

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this is going to be the way I will have to do it in order to accomplish the achievement.

So I’m going to use the hero slot I have with the lowest time spent (6 hours) as it was a mule, empty it, delete it, and start with Barb and work my way down. Once I have found all 3 ethereals for barb, immediately delete and start the next class in the list. And so forth. I won’t waste any more time than I have to.

lol

Still dumb though. They could have just made it cumulative over several seasons if they wanted.

Anyway.

3 Likes

Doubt u even need to make all chars. Got all 3x dh ones several copies and the all the monk ones by just playing dh. My 2 other friends got wizz eths on monk so for some reason they seem to drop pretty often for other classes than the one u play.

well the you have to play the game to obtain the reward, what is blizzard thinking really, forcing you to play the game

Tipp for you, when you depend on solo:
Safe puzzle rings:
Use puzzle ring on T6 on lvl 1 char → hit around lvl 10 for bossloot → good chances during run and boss loot to get up to 2 eths per run

For me so far:
WD-Dagger1 - WD (lvl 11) T6 - solo
WD Dagger1 - WD 80 Grift - 3 player
WD Dagger1 - WD 80 Grift - 3 player
DH-Bow1 - WD 80 Grift - 3 player
DH-Bow2 - DH T6 Rift - 2 player
DH-Bow2 - DH T6 Rift - 2 player

3/21

Well, finally found my first Barb one. Well first one period. Two more Barb ones, then delete the Barb and roll a Crusader and go again. lol

I have ran nothing but bounties. Not one Rift yet. And I found the Ethereal in Whimsydale, and that was just after running a not-a-cow-level in the same bounty. Yeah, one bounty, and got two portals during it. That one bounty took me nearly an hour total, with all the extra stuff. LOL

3 Likes