DIABLO III PTR 2.7.1 | Has Ended

I think the PTR is 10X drop rates. If you just look at in game PTR drops (not goatman purchases), divide your ethereal acquisition rate by 10 to get a sense of the rate on the love server. If you get one ethereal drop per hour on the PTR, I would estimate it would be 10 hours for a similarly geared character once the season goes live assuming no change happened.

Hey folks PTR is now live.

8 Likes

Jumping in immediately, thanks!

if i collect all 21 transmogs on my softcore seasonal are those transmogs going to be available for my hardcore characters as well?
hardcore transmogs and softcore transmogs are seperate and i really can’t play 7 different class for hardcore.

3 Likes

This is a good question. I would also like to know the answer to this question. Because it makes a big difference: 7 characters or 14 to play.

Yes, they’ll be available in HC if you get the achievement in SC. If anything changes ill post up. Just keep in mind, the transmog Feat of Strength is currently disabled in the PTR.

10 Likes

How does one buy them from Djank Miem?

It’s the last-most cache at the bottom right, same price as the others. You’d also need to make that purchase on a Seasonal character, as it does not drop on a Non-Seasonal one.

Also worth asking, is the drop rate for Ethereals currently affected by the Community Buff? If it is not, then that drop rate is most welcome when it hits the live servers.

I thought the dynamics of the game changed, new barb, we.
I was playing AoV and had a decent setup, I couldn’t do 110 solo at like lol 1488. I needed group skill boosts to do anything. Seems DJ, wiz and neck do all the damage anyways.

So far I’m pretty underwhelmed with the new season. Maybe with a good nerf to the WD and a little bit of a buff to other classes the new season could be enjoyable.

1 Like

ALL NECROMANCER SETS ARE NOW C TIER!!!

This makes no sense the only functional class that was fun it all aspects of the game has been nerfed as well. If you want to nerf the bone spear set, keep it at 6000% but put back the triple bonus from the simulacrums. The necromancer was an additional paid character which had every performing set nerfed to the point there no longer playable. If you design is to make people want to stop playing this game your are headed in the right direction with nerfs!!!

Do the ETH has the same basic aura of legendaries or will it be unique like primals for better recognition?

I mean DH, Wiz and nec.
I’m wondering as its been years, how do I know if I have that necro pack?

Amen. It’s just the same old crap and just tuning things up and down randomly. Everyone who got to 150 already knows, and I don’t think I ever got to 127 GR I believe that was with my frenzy barb, they call the weakest ones. But we pay for something, you should solve problems not working. We follow compete sets to find that 120 is are solo Max, n u say it’s too strong. Destroy separate purchases items, etc. What give you the right? Keep going and someone messes around with a lawyer then what? We waited 20 years for the game, 20 more for d4? And nerve to bring back d2, same, but at least I finished d2, not d3, but make it harder?

So we have to make a PTR seasonal hero to try this…who would invest that kind of time???

Ethereal weapons are technically Season 24’s theme, so to try its features like most PTR patches before, you would need a Seasonal Character to do so.

Although the drop rates of Ethereal has been ‘okay’ so far. Found my first on Expert in a Nephalem Rift at level 14-ish, but then again, this could be the work of the Community Buff.

Can we get someone from Blizz to confirm that the Ethereal drop rates on PTR now is influenced by the Community Buff?

I already asked this before you. :wink:

Yes, ETH drop seems to be affected by the buff since they are ancient items which are legendaries… Once the buff is gone the drop is gonna be total ****.

Feels like skip of the season…

Question I got a DOOM with STRAFE and the PASSIVE rolled first…
All other passives have rolled 2nd. Minor thing. Just FYI !

Yes, exactly like every single other time people test a season’s theme on the PTR.