The ethereal achievement is very concerning

Playing all classes is not a thing I like. Some classes I do not like at all and to have to obtain the achievement to mog ethereal items for my 2-3 classes I play? Please don’t do this. Just let us mog the ehtereals we already obtain.

20 Likes

Honestly, I could do it but when I think about it, it’s going to be a slog.

9 Likes

Or keep the ones specific for the classes we collect all the ethereal weapons for. That wouldn’t be an unreasonable stretch.

14 Likes

Yes, i think there should be individual achievements for the ethereals of each class. If you complete the ones of that class then unlock the transmogs for that class.

The way it is now is very bad for the ones of us without the necro dlc.

And also is very bad bcs i would have to delete characters i have for many years (and ofc it is something i don’t want to do) to achieve it, since the game doesn’t allow you to turn that many characters into seasonal ones.

5 Likes

Maybe this seson is going to be longer?

From people testing the PTR, they’re estimating 15 hour to acquire them all. That’s not too unreasonable honestly, for an action RPG.

1 Like

Sad to see the devs totally ignored all the complaints about the crappy achievement design for ethereals, and by sad I mean not at all surprised.

2 Likes

People who play D3 are so casual and they don’t want to put in an effort to acquire anything. They want all the best stuff for free.

2 Likes

Good old fashioned gating!

Go Blizz!

1 Like

Do you know if that’s with a group or solo? Not too bad if that’s solo.

Boo hoo. 1, it’s just an achievement and some meh transmogs. 2, it’s meant to be a long term goal taking most if the season. If you don’t want to put in the time then don’t worry about it. If you are a completionist type, then this should bother you.

That is with the ridiculously high droprate buff onnthe PTR.

3 Likes

Rhykker put out a video which pretty much was what I was expecting to be the way to farm them:

Technically you need another player doing this, but only for fixing the rift level. But still, it’s expected to be 1 out of every 100 drops. You’ll need roughly 4000 drops for an average collection of them all, assuming you know how to play every class. The main issue here is not even leveling up the players, but getting a decent build together, if running solo. That could be time consuming to the point that it would just be better to just level a ton of every type of character.

Haedrig’s Gift comes quickly, but with the 6 other classes, trying to acquire a full set will take a few hours each. Rather, just use a gem of ease on a decent ancient weapon to remove the level requirement. But don’t actually use the GoE. You purposely want to be leveling up slowly. Reach Level 30, restart the leveling process. The problem here is now, you’re spending 15 hours without having any Level 70 characters or gear to show for the time investment.

2 Likes

Here is a good video of how to do it super easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JPHmSaSY3o

Basically level up your main/favorite class, level gem of ease to 25 for 70 weapon, keep puzzle rings, at level (see video) farm Vaults. Ethereals drop like candy.

2 Likes

The PTR drop rate I think blinded Raxxanterax to the absurd amount of Ancient Puzzle rings you need.

For example, personally, a T13 vault was the very last thing I needed to complete the past two season journeys. Yeah, I never saw a single vault or puzzle ring until I had everything else for Guardian already complete. And he’s talking Ancient Puzzle Rings. Plus, at the numbers he’s talking about, you’re going to need a minimum of 50+ Ancient Puzzle Rings. How many Ancient Puzzle Rings do you get a season?

9 Likes

If you are a completionist type, then this should bother you.

I am, and it does obviously.

4 Likes

Thanks for that explanation and video link, really appreciate it.

Why are people so concerned? If you’re not gonna do it yourself, farm some keys on your main, get powerleveled on your alt, and leech some speed GR’s from 90+( 90s are a joke this season). Be a good leech and get both cains sets with a ruby in helm and leorics in cube. Will this be optimal? Nope, but doable and easy

1 Like

Do people even play the game anymore or is it all about getting stuff the fastest way with no effort.

4 Likes

Rhetorical question surely?
Of course, there could be multiple reasons for that.

1. They dont think the game is actually worth playing.
  2. Blizzard has trained everyone (or maybe rather scared everyone else away) to seek instant gratification.

Anyway, it is bad imo that this is constrained to Season. Just like it has been bad in all other cases.

1 Like