The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3, 2023!

The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3, 2023!

Our anniversary event is fast approaching! Prepare to face mysterious cultists and enter a portal into Diablo's past.

View Full Article

9 Likes

How about a new helm gem one that we might consider actually using.

9 Likes

Okay. Patch notes when?

3 Likes

Hopefully the bosses can drop Holiday Gifts.

1 Like

post removed by author

7 Likes

Yup…

2023 - The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3, 2023! — Diablo III — Blizzard News
2022 - https://web.archive.org/web/20220120025150/https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3 – missing but you can see it here, lol, last year’s blog repurposed for 2023.
2021 - The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3, 2021! — Diablo III — Blizzard News
2020 - The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3! — Diablo III — Blizzard News

8 Likes

You forgot

1 Like

One of my favorite movie ^^

2 Likes

I really like the event I just wish they would change the helm gem every year. The one we currently have is just a novelty item does anyone ever use it. When they said that they were working on something for D3 I was expecting something similar to this event not what we received. Well, a least some of the kids are happy they have the cosmic wings now. Now they can run around looking like fairies (pixies).

1 Like

Always appreciate teh effort in making this years ago BUT i am still not a fan of the “retro” filter and movement limitations.

1 Like

What stops me is the low difficulty and the assumption that I’d want to roll a new character to play it. This event could have been f-ing incredible… and left as a permanent game fixture.

Difficulty Selector like a GR,
Scales all the way up to GR150.

Optional Retrovision
For replay, the ability to turn this off, as well as the 8 direction movement.

Separate Loot Table
Drops with useful affixes from D1 translated into useful D3 affixes:

Assume the standard 4 primary affixes per item slot… you get an extra 2 based on the prefix and suffix, for 6 total, not counting 2 secondary rolls. Can roll on ANY item type. Golden beam on drop.

No item slot will eclipse ~40% net damage, but can halve affix values on underwhelming slots like Shoulders, Bracers, Chest, Helm, Pants, Boots, Gloves, Belt, Bracer to balance with existing legendary effects.

Example Prefixes:

• Jagged: +8% Damage

• Vicious: +12% Damage

• Merciless: +16% Damage

• Plentiful: +8% RCR

• Bountiful: +10% RCR

• Angels: +6% CDR

• Arch-angels: +8% CDR

• Iron: +6% CHC

• Gold: +8% CHC

• Strange: +10% CHC

• Fine: 10% Armor

• Valiant: 15% Armor

• Godly: 20% Armor

• Topaz: 10% All Resists

• Jade: 15% All Resists

• Emerald: 20% All Resists

Example Suffixes

• Flame: 15% Fire Damage

• Fire: 20% Fire Damage

• Burning: 25% Fire Damage

• Flaming: 30% Fire Damage

• Sky: Increases all attributes by 5%

• Moon: Increases all attributes by 7%

• Zodiac: Increases all attributes by 10%

• The Leech: 2% HP Per Hit

• Blood: 4% HP Per Hit

• The Bat: 1% Resource Per Hit

• Vampires: 2% Resource Per Hit

• Readiness: 9% Attack Speed

• Swiftness: +13% Attack Speed

• Haste: +17% Attack Speed

• Thorns: 10% Thorns

• Blocking: +5% Block Chance

• The Bear: 20% Chance to Knockback

Sample Items

Merciless Shield of Haste

• 16% Damage
  • 14% Attack Speed
  • 1000 Strength
  • 8% Elite Damage
  • 10% Critical Hit Chance
  • 8% Cooldown Reduction

Arch-angels Ring of the Vampire

• 6% Critical Hit Chance
  • 50% Critical Hit Damage
  • 15% Cooldown Reduction (additively combined with 8% CDR)
  • 2% Resource Per Hit
  • Socket

Add a Few Unique Items as Well

• The Needler
  • Lightsabre
  • Hellsabre
  • Thundercall
  • etc.

Replay it and try to find ideal combinations, make better loot drop lower in the dungeon. All of this RNG would overlap with ancient/primal tiered items.

6 Likes

The Portal to Tristram (not to be confused with New Tristram) appears Tuesday, January 3, 2023. But, I Sense a Soul in Search of Answers begins this Saturday, December 31, 2022.

Spoiler

If there is anyone who has not participated in or completed this Event, you can find complete details here:

1 Like

YUS!!! I wants ma red soulstone transmog for ma characters, especially the monk with the demon claws transmog.

1 Like

Time for the red gem of suckage in your helm GR150 challenge!

It’s funny you say that, check out the glitch you could do with it in the past that people got banned for it.
Tldr, the level cool down gain you get.
Power level a character, put the gem on and the delayed level bonus went on for like 30 mins, so you pushed with 70%cd and blasted the game
(Was in seasons where gr100 was high)

Yeah i meant S28 patch notes when? Should have been more specific.

But there is nothing more fun than using that gem on HC characters

I really wanted to laugh at the sarcastic irony of this all too true statement.

EDIT:
If they took away the aspect where you cannot do anything for nearly two seconds (the stunning) which is lethal at higher levels and a death sentence in HC, and you could keep fighting it might be more useful. - With a 360 degree burst not little flame balls,

1 Like

I haven’t played since S3, guess it’s a good time to catchup on everything in prep for D4!

The cultists will appear on December 31 at 4 p.m. PST. For anyone who does not know: The 7 Cultist Pages are tomes needed to obtain a Classic Angel portrait. This will be the first reward, have fun.

2 Likes