The Darkening of Tristram returns Jan. 3, 2021

The cultists will appear on December 31 at 4 p.m. PST, and the portal opens January 3 at the same hour. Both parts of the event end January 31 at 4 p.m. PST.

6 Likes

the same loot? again? is this an april fools joke?

6 Likes

Agreed. They need to update the loot. Maybe something unique? An Item or wings? NOT another useless gem.

The first time was “eh, cool, something different.”… Haven’t touched it since. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Those times are the same for all regions, i.e. it’s not locally adjusted like the start times of a season, which means for those of us in Europe the times are…

Sub-Event PST UTC CET
Cultists Appear 16:00 December 31st 00:00 January 1st 01:00 January 1st
Portal Opens 16:00 January 3rd 00:00 January 4th 01:00 January 4th
Event Ends 16:00 January 31st 00:00 February 1st 01:00 February 1st
1 Like

I’m actually looking forward to it as I created my Europe account after the event finished for 2020 and my chars miss the gem helm xmog :wink:

1 Like

Pointless event tbh. I’d rather just play D1 if I am to celebrate D1’s anniversary

3 Likes

Haha… I’m in the same boat, except mine is the Asia server. Last season was my first time on Asia and the DoT ones are the last achievements I need over there so my Asia account can join my America and Europe account at 100% achievements.

Bring back an updated version of an iconic item for each class and for the love of god, let us play it with out the crappy filter and poor controls.

1 Like

Meh, tried it on GoG when it was released there. Such a miserable experience IMO. So glad for all the improvements both from a technical and QoL standpoint most modern games have now.

2 Likes

I always enjoy this for a change of pace challenge. I play it like it is an old school game yet, high difficulty, slow pace, all yellow fresh character.

Makes it far more enjoyable to me.

Good for you. I only expressed my personal preference.

2 Likes

I run it with a new level one character and only use the items I receive in the dungeon. I take my time, no paragon, no gems, no running past everything. I just wish they would add something new each year.

3 Likes

They should make the Tristram event at least GR110 strong for me to care about it.

Update loot helps too.

2 Likes

Any chance we could get the event extended so we could use it to level in season 23?

Some people have been waiting for this so they can achieve their game achievements and get 100%

1 Like

That’s honestly why I think they should just have the event be active all year long. However, just have months outside of January require a cost to enter; like needing to gather certain ingredients to craft a key that’ll create the portal, while in January you could just go to Old Tristram and get to the portal without needing the key.

If they did that; I certainly wouldn’t be against upping the reward and difficulty of the event.

I only just found out about the Royal Calf so that’s my solitary new-years-resolution-type-goal for 2021.
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Royal_Calf

1 Like

If you could do it all year round you will lose the concept of the event. It would be like having your birthday on any day of the year.

“In 1997 and 2000, Blizzard reported Diablo’s release date as January 1997, and issued a press release on January 3 to announce the game’s availability in stores.”

As I had said, let there be a cost for entering throughout the year. You could still celebrate it in January by having the cost temporarily removed for the month of January.