No portal for Darkening of Tristram event

I am trying to access the Darkening of Tristram event, but I cannot find the portal or anything related to this in D3. I am in Adventure Mode and there is no sign for this event on the Act I map, near the Old Ruins. When I teleport there and go the fountain, there is no portal there too and neither in the whole Old Ruins area.
Tried with different classes and different regions (Americas and Europe).

You are a bit early :slight_smile: . It is currently January 2nd, 2021 - 8:15pm at Blizzard. The News Article explaining the event has the times listed in it. The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3, 2021! - Diablo III

Your Journey Begins…

Exclusive rewards and challenging enemies await you, but they won’t last forever! The cultists will appear on December 31 at 4 p.m. PST, and the portal opens January 3 at the same hour. Both parts of the event end January 31 at 4 p.m. PST.

Pacific Time is in California USA. So use Los Angeles in a time zone calculator to find the time it starts in your local region.

You might also want to read the IcyVeins Guide to the event so you get all the Achievements, pets, rewards, etc.

4 Likes

Just over 19 hours until the portal opens, right?

You want me to do math at Midnight? This might not end well :stuck_out_tongue: heh. It opens at 4pm PST / 7pm Eastern Time which is around 19 hours from now. I even counted on my fingers to double check.

This of course assumes nothing bugs with event start which could happen. Event starts/ends in D3 are sometimes wonky.

3 Likes

Well…

It’s currently 10:50 UTC, so 13 hours 10 minutes until the portal opens.

Haha, thanks MIssCheetah, for your wonderful reply : )
It seems I was too eager.

I use a simple, but efficient, Free Countdown Timer to see the remaining time for all events Diablo related. (Well… for unrelated events as well). It’s easy to use, opens in a small, but resizable window and is available in portable or installation packages.

For example, here is the timer I added for The Darkening of Tristram this morning.

As you can see, at the time I created the GIF, there was about 11 hours until The Darkening of Tristram Portal appears. I have the target time set for 7 PM because I live in the US on the east coast. We are 3 hours ahead of Blizzard time. So, 4 PM PST is 7 PM where I am.

You can adjust the Options for the program or for each timer. To set the Options for an individual timer: Add or select the timer you want to change, click Edit on the toolbar. You will see a window similar to this:

At the top, I changed the default Countdown to Countdown till (from) date and time. I then set Blizzard’s start time to 1/3/2021 7:00 PM (my time) and to Repeat yearly. I named this particular timer The Darkening of Tristram (obviously). I decided to select the original Town theme song from D1 as the alarm sound. Everything else I left to the default settings.

At the time I posted this, we have 8 hours and 10 minutes until Show Time.
Good luck and good hunting!  

2 Likes

That’s too much trouble. :upside_down_face: I’m central time and just look at the clock, waiting for 6:00. I’m only going to do it on the EU server since I started a new account there this season - no need to do it on American.

Not really. But, what little trouble there is, I only do once. Now, it’s set for life. (At least the life of this computer.   )

I only posted that because of the number of “how long do we have” or “I can’t find the Portal” posts we’ve been getting. I thought people could track it themselves if they wanted.

Whatever floats your boat.  

3 Likes

It seems that most people come here to complain, not to learn. All they would have to do is read through a few of the many other posts, and they would find out that there is not a bug for most issues.

But they did not come to find out that they might be wrong about something. They came here to let everyone know that their expectations are not being met. It has not even occurred to them that they might be wrong, so they don’t even bother looking to see if anyone else has reported it, or to check the facts first.

Nice effort though, but I think it is wasted on 99% of the people who visit these forums, because they came here to post, not to read.

6 Likes

I’ve also seen a lot of queries in the in-game General chat, so I put this into my D3FAQ.text file and have been copy/pasting it into chat whenever someone asks why the portal isn’t here yet…

Cultists appear 16:00 PST Dec 31st (00:00 UTC / 01:00 CET Jan 1st). Portal opens 16:00 PST Jan 3rd (00:00 UTC / 01:00 CET Jan 4th). Event ends 16:00 PST Jan 31st (00:00 UTC / 01:00 CET Feb 1st).

Still not a bug though.

Greetings, I’ve been looking for info for the start date and they put it as 3rd Jan 4PM PST but as I’m under London time that’s 4th Jan for me 12:00-1am. Kinda weird but just how it is.

It’s not weird at all - that’s how time zones work.

3 Likes

Technically, we all start at the same “time”. It’s just that our local times will be different. Currently, it’s 11:12 AM Blizzard time. It’s 2:12 PM my time (EST). And it’s 7:12 PM your time.

The Darkening of Tristram starts:

Irvine, USA Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 4:00 pm PST
London, United Kingdom Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 12:00 midn GMT
Brussels, Belgium Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 1:00 am CET
Seoul, South Korea Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 9:00 am KST
2 Likes

5 minutes or so by my calculations. About to find out if it’s a bug or not. :eyes:

I literally spelled it out in post 5 of this thread and in the post immediately prior to yours…

Hello, just want to ask a question, what time exactly is this event? I’m here in caribbean and I don’t know the time when will be the portal open.

The Darkening of Tristram Event should have started 16 minutes ago. I’m going in now.

1 Like

I also need some help it is currently 8:22 pst and still no portal

Did you do the proper quests before it.

Read the IcyVeins guide