The “Armor of Akkhan” is a big joke, too weak

We’re talking about it because we want it to change, and why are you so against it?, if we buff akkhan, then we can bring in BS and condemn into our rotation of viable builds, why would you oppose this?

It’s not powercreep, if the power is already there on other builds, what we want is balance.

2 Likes

Salamandra your missing the point, Akkhans makes the builds playable your etiher going to produce new sets for the builds or buff Akkhans, Condemn can easily be nerfed down through its legendaries. It’s very clear you have missed the point of the whole conversation. Aegis of Valor is a useless set that Blessed Shield and thorns will beat with Season buff next season unless they buff it to 50k. At least we are giving them ideas for the future and not arguing over 1 spec that can easily be brought back to reality.

Heaven’s Fury should be on Aegis of Valor, which should have a higher damage modifier than Akkhan. From the theory craft thread:

Heaven’s Fury

• 350x: AoV2 * AoV6 * CC3 * EW
  • 126x: LoD * Element Gains (1.28x)

Today Akkhan 6 HF is:

• 50x: A6 * CC3 * EW

That works out to a 7x buff, which will definitely close the gap, it will even make the spender version of HF competitive with Invoker.

As for Phalanx, legendary item upgrades are a must.

My goal in discussing this topic is to get the most mileage out of our new set as possible. So when the OP vented about Akkhans, it made sense to share a solution that addresses the impotence of the AoV, while helping Akkhan and even Rolands too.

We can hope for a legendary item upgrade for HF, but the iron is hot now and many voices have already requested adding HF to AoV.

2 Likes

Agreed Dmkt, I think the Aegis of Valor set is a real mess and all the conversation about adding a generator to a build literally makes no sense. Tell me a single build that doesn’t almost always go spender only. Every theorycrafter will try to get away from using a spender on every build crusader has ever had.

I also think Heavens Fury- Fires of Heaven should be changed to fire allowing the use of Cindercoat. That could potentially help with a LOD build and the resource requirement.

3 Likes

HF has supporting legendary items, so this would make the most sense, they can also buff Darklight a bit too, as of right now, alone it seems extremely underwhelming.

I also think Insurmountable should be buffed in some way to provide more wrath would make it useable for any spec that runs block and needs wrath. its a passive I have always wanted to use to be perfectly honest.

1 Like

This is the problem, people in this topic wants akkhan buffed but without condemn nerf.

It’s very clear you have missed the point of the whole conversation

No, i just said that if you buff akkhan you just add more powercreep, if you buff akkhan and nerf condemn then increasing akkhan power would be ok.

My goal in discussing this topic is to get the most mileage out of our new set as possible. So when the OP vented about Akkhans, it made sense to share a solution that addresses the impotence of the AoV, while helping Akkhan and even Rolands too.

Buffing akkhan does nothing with AOV of rolands problems.

Condemn ATM is the strongest crusader build for speedfarming (and is still pretty solid for pushing), if somehow you increase akkhan without nerfing condemn all other builds will have no niche in this game (for example atm invoker is super strong, but invokers is garbage for farming)

Funny you say that – today I ran LoD Condemn + FotH and used this passive. It was great, but wrath fell off at the rift guardian. They should merge Insurmountable effect with the Renewal passive.

It’s too bad Shield Glare: Zealous Glare doesn’t allow you to collect wrath on hit against a glared enemy. This is how Marked for Death: Mortal Enemy works.

On a lone guardian, it’s very hard to recoup wrath from both Insurmountable and Shield Glare.

To clarify, check out this link:

I outlined this suggestion:

2-Piece Bonus: Fist of the Heaven’s gains the Reverberation rune. Casting Fist of the Heavens increases your lightning and holy damage by 120% for 20 seconds.

This can be used on Rolands:

1. R4 + AoV2 + CC3 Sweep Attack

Sweep Attack

• 933x: R4 + AoV2 * CC3 * EW (must FotH into skill bar)
  • 737x: R6 (1.75x) * R4 * CC3 * EW

Agreed Salamandra, that is exactly what i’m pushing for trust me when I say with a buff to Akkhans and some other tweaks to the other build related items you will see wayyy more build diversity. Heavens Fury- Fire of heavens is probably one of the builds that would be faster with the use of a pig sticker its insanely fast clearing with a channeling pylon.

Dmkt a lot of what you have said I agree with, crusader is boring at the moment and the devs keep tunneling us into a build a season or two. This is what I want to change give me options, if I can get into the top 10 on the leaderboard Great!! If not whatever but at least I can choose and enjoy the build i’m playing.

Highly disagree. Bone ringer is nerfed, meaning the rgk spot is semi open. While the nerfed hybrid lance is still competitive, players are willing to introduce new META RGK. Bone spirit is highly reliant on group co-op, ruled out for casual/pub GR groups. Impale is crap against RG with adds, Invoker sucks against single target RG. Active Heavenly fury is a strong candidate. While the LoD version has enough damage, the resource cost is its biggest obstacles. The build needs 70+ RCR, combined with Att spd/CDR. Making the LoD version the hardest build to gear in this game. Akkhan HF is the best solution for it, however its multiplier still in stone age. All of its peers are moved to what OP listed. TitanNova, many will recognize him on solo barb/crusader LB, has told me he struggles to clear IK HOTA on PTR past 130 with 4000% and HoTA has the most support legendaries in Barb arsenal. Atm, he holds the IK HoTA World NO 1 Rank.

Agree with dmkt, 4000% is a good start, however i think its a little too modest. Something around 6000% is more ideal. It will put LoD condemn little on the disadvantage side, but its a golden opportunity to snatch up rgk spot.

When was crusader been part of meta? Not since the static charge days as zsader if i remember.

No class has Intra Class balance. Its purposely designed so gears can be rinse / repeat per era as each spec rises and sinks. Its a time sink system. Its far more realistic to gain access to minority builds that AKkhan provides from set power creep than to request individual support legendaries for each build.

If you increase the damage of Akkhan’s damage, the Crusader will become more fun.

1 Like

Eh, they can buff Akkhan some, sure. But Condemn is definitely an obstacle to that.

But what they really need to do is buff

• Fate of the Fell
  • Unrelenting Phalanx
  • Eternal Union
  • Warhelm of Kassar
  • Bracer of Fury

See the posts above

AND

That’s actually a question for the developers, because it was their decision to nerf BS that left Condemn as the only option for a year. In reality it isn’t the strongest build anymore either.

You aren’t going to get buffs without actually buffing either. Some people in this thread want more diversity but no power creep which doesn’t work in this game.

Part of the mistake was nerfing BS, the other part was not bringing other supporting items up to the same relative power as Condemn and pre nerf BS. Again those decisions are on the developers, and I can’t speak to why they were made because frankly they don’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

I went ahead and cleared R1 Crusader 137 with BS couple days ago. I also tried condemn LOD and from personal experience I can tell you Fire condemn LOD cleared the rift way easier and faster but I needed almost 7 mins for any single target boss and almost 4-5 mins for even Hamlin! Its for this reason you don’t see any bazooka R1 wizard anywhere and a lot of Chantodo Vyr’s. BS is still miles ahead for single target damage thanks to [Akkhan’s Manacles] 500% single target multiplier.

Akkhan set at 4000%-5000% multiplier would make some builds like Heavens fury playable but in no world condemn can ever clear 140.

1 Like

Even if 4-5k wouldn’t bring condemn to 140,it would bring it much closer. Single target is a problem yes, but it will have similar clear times, just 6-7 grs higher.

I wouldn’t buff Akkhan more than 3-4,000% myself.

For the less common and less powerful skills, I would focus on their item support.

Blade of Prophy vs Fate of the Fell explains why Condemn is miles above Heaven’s Fury

Akkhan Leniency vs Denial explains why Blessed Shield is more capable than Sweep Attack

Phalanx has no items truly designed for patch 2.6+

Fist of the Heavens doesn’t have a true Shield which explains why it is lagging and will most likely always lag behind.

1 Like

Sure, but if they combined it with the Heavens Fury in the new set and made bracers for Fist of the Heaven’s, that would raise the bar, and/or a helm that added two extra runes and gave a random increased damage on fist of 100%-150%, like Tzo gaze for the monk with WoL. Otherwise everything you’ve said is spot on.