The “Armor of Akkhan” is a big joke, too weak

Immortal King’s Call:4000% increased damage
Natalya’s Vengeance: 14,000% increased damage
The Shadow’s Mantle:damage is increased by 6000%
Grace of Inarius:increasing the damage 10,000%.

Proposed changes
While Akarat’s Champion is active, you deal 4000% increased damage and take 50% less damage.

6 Likes

They made Blade of Prophecy and Frydehr Wrath too strong, so now they can’t properly buff Akkhan.

6 Likes

Just nerf those 800% to 400% and buff akkhan to at least 3000% then we will have a lot of new builds coming up, probably! easiest solution w/o having to change too much.

5 Likes

a good buff akkhan condemn would allow players to carry higher than currently it does, buff akkhan like the prenerf wizz vyr-chantodo,cuz those builds are pretty similar, and indeed akkhan is weak, but in general all crusader sets are weak if we compare them with other sets

3 Likes

Umm Condemn is already performing well with LOD and has a 9750% multiplier and is no where close to be broken.

5 Likes

But it does not have 50% rcr which for condemn is huge akhan can’t be touched until condemn is adressed also new aughild and captain set buff akhan as well so they will probably won’t touch because it can go from weak sauce to op

2 Likes

The RCR is certainly helpful but not necessary at all. With the introduction of the new stone gauntlets the character is so tanky you virtually are free to choose any Akarat rune you want AKA embodiment of power for +10 wrath regen along side of cidercoat you can easily play LOD fire condemn with 0 problem where it is way stronger than akhan condemn even if the multiplier set to be 3000% and not 1500%.

Condemn can never reach 140 due to the lack of single target damage for the Rift Guardian. The set heavily relies on density for duplication of condemn via Blade of Prophecy (and i mean 20+ mobs not 3-5 adds from some bosses that die in couple of hits). Even if Akhan set was buffed to 6000%, Condemn is not the build to break free and go push 140+.

2 Likes

Akkhan to 4000% is my vote.

Especially with these revisions requests to Aegis of Valor:

Hybrids hybrids hybrids – more builds will make the game more interesting.

1 Like

Well, I’m not fond of mixing class sets too much, but I very well agree that akkhan could do with a modifier at 4000%. Looking at it from the current powerlevel it is at now, it will push both condemn, blessed shield and heaven’s fury closer to the top.

I agree that the set multiplier is to low at is is now. Let’s hope they will calculate the numbers right!

It’s a problem as long as they do updates to properties on only green sets and leave the brown legendary’s untouched.
So it will remain a problem I imagine.

Akkhan’s would still need to be buffed to about 8-12k, the damage is not even comparable to other specs due to the multipliers they carry. Lets talk about the 2 current specs for crusader solo.

Thorns
Has a 15k multiplier on thorns to get it anywhere and its single target
Thorns doesn’t buff Conduit pylon, making it one of the worst classes to use the pylon.
High end you dont have enough yellow density to clear a rift without nemesis bracers, so in current setup with Crimson requires a TON of fishing. Trust me I know I have pulled 500 keys in season 18 and havent gotten a clearable rift for 130

Blessed Shield
Combust 430% + 250% shield block Chance which on average is 20% without extra block roll on shield=50% Total= 480%
9.75k from LOD
Average pull your going to carry 70-120 stacks for a multiplier of 2k-3.6k%
400% from shield
350% from Gyr
500% bracer for single target which you can pop area damage off of
Can actively use flavor of time with huge beneift, most rank 1 players are going to have a conduit that gives them 20-40% in progression.

> Condemn
Vacuum or Reciprocate 1160% weapon damage
9750% lod
1600% from weapon and shield
There is nothing really more to list because that really all that buffs condemn.

If you were to buff akkhan to 8-12k it would not only make Condemn a contender but heavens fury, blessed shield akkhan, sweep would probably be competitive inside akkhan as well then think about the hybrids that could be possible. With Akkhans at 12k we probably start seeing meta 4s potentially as well as RGK.

The biggest problem with paragon is that the more multipliers you have on a character the more potent each point of strength is for your character, thus the strength of blessed shield .

I think 8-12k is a bit too high, condemn before captain crimson were capping out at 131-132, after that they added maybe 1-2 levels from cc+aug combo, doubling that damage (having the set do 3000% damage) would put it ahead roughly 5 griftlevels higher, thus having the bonus at 4k puts it into top tier of damage dealers.

For Blessed shield its a different story, but you can run a akkhan + cc build, with Coe and EW, making it a tankier version probably equal or stronger than the lod equivalent.

Heaven’s fury is in a weird spot, but the manual cast version would gain a lot from just doubling the damage, combined with the new cc set, it made it decently viable.

I don’t know why you said sweep, since it has a much stronger set already, due to increased attackspeed.

Buffing Akkhans to 4000% should enable Akkhan Condemn to clear GR136-138. Remember, someone did manage to clear GR130 before Captain Crimson was introduced. Going from 1500% to 1600% is 6GRs. Blessed Shield would see comparable results too, since you run that with Endless Walk and Captain Crimson, the multipliers kind of match LoD BS with 80% fire.

Unfortunately Akkhan’s Heaven’s Fury:Blessed Ground is weaker than Akkhan Condemn by ~5 or so GRs. You’ll see peak clears around GR131-GR132 in pure Akkhan form @ 4000%, which is probably what we’d see for LoD HF today – if any high paragon player pushed it.

A6I2 bombardment thorns needs more legendary item upgrades before it’s a contender, but that build would likely reach GR126-127.

If by some miracle they implement the buffs in the theorycraft thread mentioned above – with Akkhan you’d have the option to swap Captain Crimson for Aegis of Valor’s 2pc 120% multiplicative elemental buff to holy and lightning.

Big things could happen:

Blessed Shield with lightning rune becomes an option. (this build doesn’t require RCR or CDR from crimson, it could do more single target damage than LoD fire at the expense of survival. It also gets a third legendary gem.

Mixed Element, Fist of the Heaven’s and Condemn both used as damagers, maybe it could pick up the slack at the rift guardian?

The numbers of most of this should check out – I’m not 100% about the dual skill damagers, i supposed we could test it on LoD FotH+Condemn on PTR today.

Where were you seeing condemn ever getting to 130 before crimson season 16? Even if they buffed akkhan to 8-10k you can easily play with the numbers on the weapons to nerf it down. The problem with current setups is Flavor of time and Squirts which Akkhan could never use.

Achilles did it with 6300 paragon, he cleared GR130 in 13:52.

Ya I mean, that is going to be a single case with high paragon look at the current leaderboard for season 18 with Snail clearing a 135, if he had 6.3k para he could probably clear a 138-140

I think the point i’m trying to make with my comment is we can manage the damage through other means outside of Akkhans set, bring the damage in line with everything else to give us build diversity and manage the build related items to keep it in line. This will give us what we want in the end is all im saying.

Yes, season has the ring buffs to consider. Not sure what averages are for those rings, but CDR and Damage sure are nice for LoD BS.

There are several less effective skills still that could live under Akkhan/LoD: Phalanx, Bombardment / Steed Thorns, Falling Sword (as damager), Shield Bash, Generators.

Those all could require legendary item updates, like you suggested.