Testing baloon of different monk builds

Hey there. I want to share some results of playing different monk builds with you. If you are interested, you can also add your testings and results. Its just to help a bit out where you can find your build. The post maybe updated from time to time and obviously I’m just at the beginning because of the new patch. Its kind of easier for anyone to see it if there are ladderbords to record it.

LoD LtK (Current best 117, up from 110)

Time 14:20
Dex 20.7k
Fire 110
Ad 114
Cdr 50.6
Gear esimation: pretty ok, some caldesan missing, amu bad (need HF!)
Follower: My
Map was very good
Whats missing? Damadsch!!! And defense. Its absolutely crap to have to use unity. Also silly restriction of “first 7 enemys hit” on scarbringer and that fd not perma doubles aps

R6 Generator (Current best 115)

Time 10:06
Dex 19.8k
Fire 35
Ad 94
Gear esimation: Bad, caldesan missing, bad wpn, rings, amu (need HF!)
Follower: My
Additionals: CC3 + unity. Failed without CC3 and coe instead of rorg because always dead
Whats missing? Defense, cc immunity, dmg, FD restriction as written above and a better way of dealing dmg without assimilation

Inna WoL (Current best 124 up from 120)

Time 14:39
Dex 25.6k
Fire 35
Ad 134
Cdr 63
Gear esimation: Very good items (except amu and rings, wpns can be a tiny bit better)
Follower: Wiz
Additionals: Have played that build a lot. The map was very bad. I had A 120 clear with innas when I had 2.7k Para and Inna bonus was @ 750/ally. Maybe the ally was not the best choice because some spirit was missing but I wanted to test him.
Whats missing? Dmg, defense and silly restriction on kyo blade: When dmg is lifted if you hit 3 or less enemys, fire rune of WoL is only you can use.

Uliana (Current best 130, up from 125)

Update 18th of april
Time 14:30
Dex 26.2k
Cold 38
Ad 117
Cdr 67.8
Gear esimation: there has been a time where I did not want to play uli but all red drops were just uli. Rings and amu is not perfect, also the wpn could have a bit of improvement (no LoH, have it on my head which is a loss of ~12k LoH) and my hands are very very bad. With the new shen buff I switched to CC3 and shen variant and I used Eso. Without Eso I have done 125 already before but with a good map. This map was ok but being able to bring the dmg to the monsters is making a huge difference. I think scoundrel is by far the best ally to play the build.
Follower: Sc
Whats missing? More defense. On 125 its hard to survive easily even with eso. dmg is not enough compared to tr and other classes. needs at least dmg factor 2, to be on line with tr and more if you want to be comparable to other classes.

PoJ TR (Current best 120)

Time: 9:11
Dex:
Cold: 40
Ad
Cdr
Gear Est: I don’t like that build so I did not upgrade anything + I do not have a good 2nd wpn (and my wkl is bad). Some problems in surviving with that build since I do not stack rcr - but I could switch to serenty.
Whats missing? The build stops channeling sometimes without reason. And (esp on HC a problem) sometimes you simply can not move. That needs a change

Swk TR (Current best 135, up from 133)

Updated 1st april, older version in “()”
Grift Lvl 135 1st try
Time 14:54
Dex 24.2k (before it was 25.6k, had simply the wrong wpn geared without cald, so 10% dmg loss on that wpn)
Cold 40
Ad 113
Cdr 53.6
Rcr: 51.48
Gear esimation: Very good since I played Swk WoL for long long time
Follower: Te
Additionals: (I had played 133 with 1k less dex last era.) Templer is definitely needed until I get another 10 rcr roll + 2 % somewhere which is not really possible.
Whats missing? A little less spririt cost of tr, just a tiny bit to be able to switch templar to something with enough rcr rolls. Defense is best for monk builds but nothing compared to barbs possibilities. Dmg is not enough to be on line with (some) other classes.

Defensve comparison

Barb: Unbuffed in town 58 Mio → 3 Bio in fight
Tr: Unbuffed in town 233 Mio → 1.4 Bio in fight (+ up to 5 stacks stone hands)
Uliana (with eso!): Unbuffed in town 184 Mio → 2 Bio permanent, 4 Bio with epi while its active

Uliana feels more squishy than tr build since you stand still sometimes. Also Tr has Stone hands so it gets lots of toughness added. Barb is absolutely simply to play and my barb experience is exactly one season where I stopped playing it when I reached 125 solo. Barb also feels much safer than tr monk.

I won't play

I6 U4 → don’t like it.
LoD WoL → was a bit better than Inna WoL when inna was @750. Is still a bit stronger in my personal expectation (did not calculate) but if I play it, my LtK will vanish from the bord.
Inna Pet → don’t like pet build until it gets a cool feature
R6 Dash only → why should I?
Builds that come into Crift range → only when I only wear 5 peaces of gear^^
Healer → haha, no sense solo I guess but I will never play healer in this game.

Hopefully blizz gets some deeper view for monk builds.

I had written some stuff about monk builds that are still true.

1 yr ago
Monk and what we really need
and going 1 other year back
Monk Buff Proposal

Some adjustment suggestions

Maybe not ironed out but a little overview of a goal to reach

To be almost equal it needs rounded the following adjustments:
LtK: Dmg Push of factor 8 (to 10), defensive push of 80% dr
WoL: Dmg Push of factor 4( to 5), defensive push of 60% dr
Gen: Dmg push of factor ?, defensive push of 80% dr
Uliana: Dmg push of factor 2 (to 2.5), defensive push of ?

Items:
Flying Dragon: Doubles your aps, gives 80% dr
scarbringer: Dmg increase to all enemys hit
new bracers with ltk dmg
kyo blade: all wol dmg lifted to 800%, no matter how many enemys
Torch: WoL dmg increased by 800 (+ spirit reg as it is)
Gnk and tzo gaze: Bring dmg into orange text - so make it multiplicative
new monk ring (to replace unity in some builds): epi gets rune desert shroud. the dmg reduction (for this rune) is also lifted to 80% (its a 60% buff from old desert rune)

Skills:
Epi: Fire Rune: Your dmg delt is lifted by 50%

I’d say give it a shot with some actual playing of the game :slight_smile: